Tracking 3d attempt

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by 1337mik3, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1337mik3 Force Ghost

star 4
    alright, this is the first tracking/3d work ive done, so, keep that in mind, its not the best, and the tracking was done in icarus, i must have done something wrong.. anyways, here it is

Click
  2. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm.

Not too bad for starters. Keep at it and it'll be great.

I'd start by getting better background footage. Smooth camera movements and NO ZOOMS can help alot.

To nitpick: The zoom on the ship started before the rest of the film, so it looked like it suddenly grew. Also, the movement tended to be a little less than realistic.

Personally, I'd start with a simple primitive shape first, like a box, to kick down render times with multiple "trial and error" attempts.

Good work, and I can't wait to see more like this.
  3. 1337mik3 Force Ghost

star 4
    thanks, ya, the reason the zoom was earlier, is because when i put in the spaceship image squence, i then moved my cursor (in AE) down the time line a few frames to see if it was all there, then i put the background footage it, so it moved the footage down some frames, very very dumb mistake.
  4. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Ctrl+Z is our friend. Perhaps the greatest function ever built into our computers.
  5. 1337mik3 Force Ghost

star 4
    ah i know, but, my pc hasnt been up to par lately, so when i scrubbed through it, it was very laggy, from the lag, i couldnt tell it was off
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.