main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Trade Federation Cantina

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Good to hear the island's healthy.

How about its inhabitants? ;) Is Amaya still adventuring overseas? :)

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Yes, I hope she wasn't affected by all that bad wetaher I heard that's been happening in China.

3. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Yeah, it was terrible, I died in the typhoon...:_|

Oh wait...8-}

Actually, people did really die just two hours (by car) south from us:( . We've had about four typhoons thus far that were said to hit our city, but none the less never actually eventuated (thank goodness).

To give you an idea, here's a linky

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/amaya_unduli/TyphoonSaomaiandMe.jpg

Sorry if it's been a tad silent on my end...47+ hour working weeks does that to you. All I seem to do these days is; get up, go to work, go home and go to bed. Wake up, repeat. I occasionally eat. Once a week I go out to a gathering of fellow foreigners to play poker. Sometimes I even remember to blink.

*Sigh*

This is merely one of the reasons why I'm gonna quit. I'll probably just do some freelance business enblish teaching for companies.

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Glad to see you in one piece.

Did you get my PM, Amaya?

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Good to see you still surviving as well, Amaya. :)

Wow, how'd you get such pinpoint accuracy to your location in the typhoon? :p

6. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    One of the other foreign teachers sent me the pic. I dunno where he got it from. It's definitely the right place though.

Apparently we've got another one coming today or tomorrow.

Um, I haven't gotten any PMs recently, Katana - when did you send it? I haven't gotten one since March. Something must be funny in the system. Maybe the JC gremlins ate it.

7. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I'll send it again, I sent one to Ender the same day with a similar request.

8. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Hi everyone. Just had my 21st yesterday.[face_dancing] I got the complete box set of The Black Adder for my birthday. I'm having a tea and drinks with the family and my mates on Friday at mum's work. She's put over a $200 bar tab.

Hope you can come on Friday katana. Marge is coming for drinks that night.

[image=http://www.bbcprograms.com/pbs/catalog/blackadder/images/0201_Blackadder.jpg]

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Happy 21st to you, Viceroy!! :D =D=

[image=http://media.mesta.net/mesta/leffakuvat/mr%20bean.jpg]

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Didn't you get my texts? i told you I wanted to come but had no way of getting back, I sent you two text messages!

11. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    Happy Birthday Viceroy. Hope you had a good day....and not too much of a headache the following morning

12. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    Thanks Azreal and Tyi-Maet_Nefer. Firday went well considering the poor service I recieved at Mum's work and the head chef was a real a***hole to her (She's resigning and thinking of taking him to court for the harassment) and one of my mate's ex-girlfriend acting like an up-herself brat like she is. Anyway had a good 21st as I got $600 all up from my Grandparents and my dad and step-mum (whom I only see twice a year as they show no interest in what I do) but it's money I can put toward the 'North Korea fund' for my trip and we watched the Kim Jong-il show on the computer in the quil and cane - pitty there was no sound, but my mates loved it. As you may have guessed I got drunk on three glasses of bubbly, one glass of rum and a whisky and coke. By the middle of the night I was like this: [image=http://www.bbcprograms.com/pbs/catalog/blackadder/images/XM03_Blackadder.jpg]

I was a bit sick but that was after I drunk to big glasses of lemon squash in a row. It was a bit like a Maggie and Judy vomit from Little Britain. If you want to watch the Kim Jong-il show click here!

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Amaya; Katana; how much of a striking resemblance to Viceroy do you think that picture has? ;) [face_batting] :p

14. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Notice how he didn't reply to what I said? ;)

And didn't you know after a night out you're supposed to have 2 litres of water before you go to bed?

I've still got your present, when's a good day we can meet? I'm working a lot at the moment though.

And as for the resemblance, give him a wig and an outfit like Mozart and I'll say maybe.

15. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Here's your late present from me:

[image=http://www.chrysalis-business-systems.com/images/wrapped_present_box.jpg]

It's a giant pewter snorkel. I like to go for the practical presents.

As for the resembalance: it's uncanny! But our Viceroy's smarter than the prince.

I also have the full series of Black Adder (gotta love cheap pirated Chinese versions - except when the quality's bad of course). So you may be familiar with the line in my sig. Gotta love Queenie.

Viceroy, I have some friends who've worked in Korea (South, of course) and know about the teaching terms and conditions, so if you're interested, I can give you an idea of what it's like. I know you're really interested in North Korea, but the other teachers say that it's virtually impossible to get into the country :(.

16. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    It'd be like trying to get into the Imperial Palace in an X-wing.

Hear about Steve Irwin? Sad. The stingray was spooked and it stung hum in the heart.

17. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Crocodiles, Snakes, International Media - and it was a Stingray that finally got him - who'd have guessed...

18. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    I'd be spooked too if I saw him swimming toward me. Still, poor bugger, MTFBWH

19. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    [face_laugh]Ditto. MTFBWH always.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I'll third that. [face_laugh]

"The Force Will Be With Him... Always." @};-

21. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    According to my friend in England the headlines read:

"Crocodile Hunter killed by a fish".

Apparently most people over there have never heard of a Sting-ray.

It sounds much more dramatic than "fish".

22. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    Alots happened on the boards in the week I wasn't at uni. Steve Irwin and Peter Brock died within a week of each other. RIP the two Aussie legends! @};-

23. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    it happens in 3. who's the third?

24. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    I hope it's not Russell Coight or Frank Woodley.
    [image=http://www.abc.net.au/wa/stories/Russell_Co_m974461.jpg] [image=http://www.darwinfestival.org.au/2004/images/lano_woodley_image.jpg]

25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Frank Woodley's hilarious... on Thank God You're Here. That's the only show I've seen him on. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.