main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Trade Federation Cantina

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-han-doa

obi-han-doa Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 12, 2005

the third was a south aussie the writter of stormboy

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Aww, I remember that movie, how sad.

Storm Boy = lots of pelicans

On a side note I am SERIOUSLY thinking of going to C4, like REALLY thinking. Amaya, is there any chance we can meet up there, perhaps share a hotel room to cut costs.

If the Force is with me, May 24 next year I will be in LA.

3. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. Fifteen men in a dead man's chest!

Har har me matey's, it's talk like a pirate day today. Shiver me timbers. Raise the anchor and fire abroadside.

[image=http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2003_Pirates_of_the_Caribbean/2003_pirates_of_the_caribbean_002.jpg]

4. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Going to be a lot of Tasmanians there next year

5. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    C4!!!! woo-hoo. Can't wait

6. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    I imagine C4 would go off with a bang. [face_laugh] 8-} :p

7. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    It's gonna be big. Hotel's booked. just looking for a good deal on flights. All I need now is for the convention passes to go onsale and I'll be all set.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    It'll be the biggest bang since the second Death Star, Viceroy.

Azreal, you heard of group bookings wil flights? Apparently if you get enough people going together they give you a cut rate.

Where are you staying? The Westin again? How much was it in AU$?

9. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    I did a check on group discounts for the 501st here in Aust, need 20 or more people and all have to fly from same place on same flight and return same day on same flight...would limit it for everyone who wanted to do other things while there and stay longer than C4

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Oh okay, I guess group is out then.

11. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    Sorry to break up the discussion on C4 as it would be awesome. But I have to show everyone the picture I drew for my novel Raid on Terror Bird Island. I finally found out how to host images. Wooohooo!

[image=http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m119/goldfinger_02/raidonterrorbirdisland.jpg]

12. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    Very nice.

Best way to save a bit of $$$$ for C4 would be to split hotel room costs...and if you can do it have your own food back at the hotel for lunches etc... Fast food will eat away at your pocket. I found having a few snacks and things for during the day at the con helped. I didn't have to spend a fortune on the food they sold on site and pub meals in the evening were filling without the price tag.

but that's just me

13. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    Pub, where did yo ufind a pub????;)

14. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    it was right across the road from the Con. Stuck on the side if the hotel. there was also another 3 on the way back to my hotel and if I recall correctly the local 501st had one of the sports bars on side and converted it to their HQ for the event....well....usually after event hours ;)

15. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    And what a busy HQ it would be Azreal with drinking and wall to wall vomiting.

16. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    there was a fuzzy morning but I don't recall anyone getting that out of control. Then again the party arranged at the hyatt was a bit of a foggy memory the following day as well

17. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    Probably too pissed out of your head to remember.:p

18. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    I don't know what kind of stories you have been hearing but yeah that's a good possibility.

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    And then there was Ray Park...

I'm not going to get too pissed at C4, I haven't gone all out in a long time thought, not sonce my first year at uni when I had double vision.

You been to the C4 board yet Nick? There's talk that we invade Disneyland the Tuesday before.

BTW, nice picture Viceroy. Do you want to meet for breakfast on Monday? Text me if you want to and we can go to Banjo's and have egga.

20. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    havn't been tot he CIV boards in a while. I'll have to check them out again soon.

as for a early invasion I don't know when I'll be getting there. still working out flights and time off work. I can geta couple of extra days on my hotel room if I need to but we will have to see.

21. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    I still really, really want to go, but I'm not sure now whether I'll be able to financially or not. I'm going back to Aus with pretty much nothing in my pocket, and I'll be studying again so... I'll have to see how I go I guess.

22. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    It's the 30th anneversary, and where you're coming from Amaya it won't be that expensive compared to us.
    Think about it, it's NEXT MAY. Put away a little each week and you won't feel the pinch so much.

That's what I told Viceroy but he still wants to go to North Korea.

23. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Err, yeah, but living in Melb looks like it's going to be really expensive because I'm probably going to have to live in one of those student flats as I won't have time to arrange living in a shared house or whatever. Then I've got my violin/dance/gymnastics lessons to pay for (which I have to do, as I'm trying to reach the teacher level qualifications in the two I don't have)...It just looks a bit grim right now. And that's counting on getting a job that won't mind me going on prac two or three times...

I guess I'm just worried about the whole thing. I had to make the decision to either quit the job I had or work myself into the ground and get only a little financial security, and I just didn't want to waste the time I've got here in China.

The part time jobs have pretty much all fallen through, and I don't know how much I'll get from the others.

Sorry for the glumness, like I said, I've just got a lot of things to worry about and I know it's going to be really tight. And it'll be impossible to go to CIV if I get a prac during that time!

24. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Aww, I'm hoping you can come!

I checked flights BTW $2000 with a stop in Auckland on the Saturday before C4 flying Air New Zealand.

That's a bit $$$$ [face_worried]

25. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    the price I've been quoted for flights is $1820 ex L'ton return. that's flying over on the 22nd and flying out on the 29th.

that will get you into LA on the 22nd over there and back to Tassie on the 31st of May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.