main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Trade Federation Cantina

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    ugh. 5 am. no thank you.

7 I can deal with.

speaking of which. Where's my credit card?

2. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    Registration Complete

Now begins the long wait

3. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    I vish you all a very merry Hanukkah and a fluffy bunny Chinese New Year. *Ahem* I don't know vich festival it really iz, I am totally unavare ov zat kind of zing *Ahem*

Oh dear, I zeem to be hafing trouble vis the catch on my cape, I mean, coztume. Vood zomebody kindly come into zis dark corner vis me and lend a hand? Or any ozer body part for zat matter?=P~

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    You got colours again, Amaya. Remember, between 'Options' and 'Help' is the 'Admin' section where you can change them. And don't you other guys look for it as it's only for VIPs! :D

And the holiday is, or rather was, Hallowe'en. [face_pumpkin]

I'm still not 100% is I'm going or not to C4. If I go back to uni next year then I may not.

5. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Congrats Amaya and Snicker on your colours.

Just finished my sociology of deviance exam a few minutes ago. I have all my exams in the one week so that means alot of late nights studying this week plus I've just finished my 3,000 word exam for international security.[face_tired] I had colonial USA on tuesday and i have International security tomorrow and Europe at war on saturday.

Then on the 16th I have to go into hospital for an operation to remove a growth from my arm that's part of the bone. What fun it is to have your arm bone done over with a hammer and chisel and the pain of it all after I wake up fom being sedated.

Then of course is my graduation ceremony on 16th December followed by a big piss-up of a fancy dress party where I'm going to dress up like the prince of wales from Blackadder 3.

[image=http://www.bbcprograms.com/pbs/catalog/blackadder/images/XM03_Blackadder.jpg]
    I really like that picture, it is hilarious.

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Good going Amaya! You swiped them. :D

And dude Viceroy that operation really doesn't sound so... pleasant. I hope you didn't lose your arm to a loose shot with the hammer and chisel.

7. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Thanks for the congrats everyone! Hufflepuff took the win for the first time ever (I think) and my housemate Persephone came out on top for the individuals.

I was just happy that my house finally won! And with me as head too! Now that I've seen both my house win and previously won the individual title, I think I'll give it a rest for a while at least.

Right now I'm on to the next great challenge - it's the novel writing month and I've got 3500 of 50,000 so far (this is day two). So I may have even less of a life than when I won the last house cup! But I will be happy to get this book outta my head.

Anywaz, Viceroy, you are sounding painful. Which arm is it? Your writing or non-writing one? Here's some good ol' Irsih [face_good_luck] for ya.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I think it's his right, I'm going to go an visit him. I'll bring The Thrawn Trilogy to keep him busy.

9. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    It's my left arm. The growth is at the upper armbone near the shoulder. The main concern the orthorpedic sergen has with the lump is that it may affect the radial nerve that runs down the arm. But the guy who's doing it Dr. Enider is the best orthopedic sergon in Australia, so that's some reassurance that I'm in good hands.

10. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    sounds less then fun mate. be sure to have a couple of good books or videos to watch. and a good drop of scotch or whatever your poison is will help numb the pain.

11. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Got my hotel at 5 am this morning for C4

12. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    Cool man. Where did you end up getting in?

13. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    I ended up getting my 5th choice :( about a mile from the con centre
    Los Angeles Marriott Downtown,333 South Figueroa Street

14. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    I looked at the choices and went to the Holiay Inn Downtown website and booked a room there. slightly more (but not much) then the GENCON price but I'm now across the street. at least Glenn and I won't have far to stagger after a day of geeking out

15. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Well, I decided a while ago just to go to the UK and not bother doing the Education degree in Melb. Basically, I have been teaching for the greater part of this year and while it's enjoyable, I've realised that I was actually the most fulfilled whilst coaching gymnastics and tutoring in music. So that's what I'm planning on doing there.

So I may yet be able to go to CIV, however I expect that by the time I can make that decision, it will be too late.

But...I will be able to go to the London convention! [face_dancing]

16. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    I tried that and was no rooms

17. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    I finished my exams. I had my last one on Saturday. Having a exam on the weekend is such a drag, but at least it's over for now. I reckoned I passed international security and sociology of deviance and that I'll get a credit for colonial USA and Europe at War so I can get into history honours. Now I can turn my attention to the uncoming operation.

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Viceroy, are you sure that's not Dr Ender? ;)

I'll try and see you in the afternoon if I can, with two books of The Thrawn Trilogy. You're going to love this guy, he's BRILLIANT.

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Thrawn.JPG]

Looks like I won't be going to C4, I really thought seriously about it and it seems pretty much impossible. I have probably as much chance of meeting George Lucas in the next 10 minutes.

It's not the money, I don't reckon that I'll be able to get away for a week once I find work. :(

Oh well, Viecroy and I plan to go to the midnight showing in Lonnie anyway. He hasn't been to a midnight showing :eek:

19. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Midnight showing? Of what?

Oh, btw I have some big news: I'm engaged!

And in other big news: My fiance came back from the UK a few weeks ago and brought back a DVD of the original theatrical version of ANH (it also has the tweaked version, but that's not important) and it has a demo of Lego SW II! It's brilliant.

20. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Of the OT of course! It's 30 years since ANH next year!

Congrats Amaya =D= have you set the date?

Two bits of news from me:

Viceroy, you may want to consider logging off the JC when you uase a public terminal as I came here and you hadn't logged off. ;)

My computer died yesterday afternoon and I'm told the only thing I can do is get a hard drive dump. Any tips Azreal? CDan I save it at all? It's an ex-gov Acer TravelMate520i.

21. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    best bet would be to copy al the data off the hard drive. If it's only the laptop and the drive is fine you can get a little external case for $40-50 and put the drive in that it can then connect to any computer with a USB interface.

22. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Hello there everyone! Sabre here, just popping down from the SAFF to say hello...

How are we all?

23. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Freezing in November, it snowed here the other day.

Well it looks as if there's no hope for my PC then. :_|

RIP Computer

@};-

24. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    no the old travelmates would be hard to get fixed now. best bet for another computer would be to keep a eye open for university computer tenders.

25. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Not yet. We have to finish our contracts in China then move to the UK and get set up there, because he was renting before. Oh, and we have to get real jobs again and earn real money so...We don't have any concrete plans.

We're thinking a summer wedding and perhaps a honeymoon in a secluded shack somewhere in the wilderness of Scotland...;)

We're both a little busy with our nanowrimos right now and my fiance is using the internet connected computer, but I'll get some pics up soon of us and the ring[face_peace]

Sorry to hear about your computer...Perhaps it will meet with my laptop in the afterlife
    @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.