main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Trade Federation Cantina

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Maybe you can go to Tintagel, I've always loved to go to England. When you';re there Paris is only a step away.

How hard is it to not have a computer at home? I keep thinking "I'll do this or that" and then remember I can't!

Azreal, how's Darth Bane BTW? Got to know what 'Darth' means yet?

And I saw Viceroy in hos[ital the other day, when I came in he was leaving! In one day and out the next, not bad. From what I heard he remembered nothing about the operation and was out like a light which is how you want it. Let's hope he'll come in later this week.

2. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    darth = triumph over death

3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    [face_shame_on_you]
    That's not it.

Keep looking.

4. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    the other possibility is emperor. depending on which way you wish to look at it. I did like how the book ended with it sliding nicely into the comic books I have of the final battle and the death of lord hoth

5. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Hi everyone,

I just dropped by to see how you are all going! :)

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    We're nursing our cuts and bruises from the fight we had in here a few days ago. :p How are you?

Is that Lord Hoth you mean Azreal? BTW, I'm on the verge of TELLING you what Darth means as I know even though I haven't read it yet.

7. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Hi guys how's it been going in the time I've been away.

On the 16th of this month I had my operation on the 'wing' on my left arm. The operation went well otherwise I wouldn't have my left arm:p. I went into admission at 7am and was admitted virtually stright away which was good, they ended up putting me in the childrens ward as there was no room anywhere else to put me. I went into the operating theatre at 9:10 and the last thing that I remember was being put on the operating table. Then the next thing I knew I woke up and it was 11:45. I had virtually no pain in my left arm and spent 24 hours hooked up on a drip and morphine machine (the morphine I could administer myself without having to wait for a nurse when I'm in agony) then the next day I was out and back home. My whole upper left arm is bandaged and have restricted movement and it is dificult to shower myself. I have to wear shirts and jackets as they either zip up or button up cause I can't lift my arm up above my head to put on a t-shirt or a jumper. Funny thing happend in the hospital after i came back to the ward was my brother and mum were in the elevator on the forth floor and he dropped my mobile phone that slid across the lift floor and fell down the gap at the door down three floors. And when the elevator servicemen found it and gave it back ... it still worked.[face_laugh]

BTW congrats on your engagement Amaya.=D=

8. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    I'm good thanks Katana, keeping busy! What was the fight all about?

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Congratulations Amaya! That is wonderful news! :D I wish you the best in it all. [:D]

Good to hear everything seems to have gone according to plan, Viceroy. :) Does that mean you typed all of that with one hand?? ;)

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I was just joking really, there was no fight. ;)

My hyperspace has come through finally!!! I'm setting my details now, too bad the computer's dead so I can't save stuff as I like to.

I'll see you on monday Viceroy.

11. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Hey Viceroy, you're really lucky. When I had an op at the Lonnie hospital they gave me no pain killers whatsoever and I had to leave a few hours after I woke up. It was an operation that looked into my stomach and so I couldn't even sit up without extreme pain. I was hunched over for two days, unable to stand up straight and I couldn't use my arms because EVERYTHING you do moves your stomach muscles!

Oh, and the anethetist or however you spell it let his student give me the needle, only it was clearly a real problem for her and she'd never done it successfully before. I watched as her hands shook so bad that the needle was shaking inside my hand (once she'd finally got it in) and then there was blood pouring all down my hand and onto the floor...

It's just a good thing that I'm perfectly okay with needles!

12. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    That would have scared the sith out of me as I hate needles as a rule. I only sdurvived my tetanus in grade 10 by looking at a SW poster that was in the room.

13. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Oops. Looks like the graphic op talk has put people off...

BTW I finished my nanowrimo almost a week before the cut off date. Wahoo!

Now all I need to do is virtually re-write it and maybe then it will be ready to send off to publishers and I can eagerly await the rejections!

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I still need to fix it up quite a lot.

Happy holiday month everybody! It's bery bery cold here. I envy you think-I'll-have-a-barbie-for-chrissie people.

14. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Rejection slips can be nasty, dirty things. Sometimes they all but say "You're story sucks and I only read the first two lines."

Did anyone watch the old Batman movie yesterday? it was so camp it was funny, especially the costumes and the evil villains laughing all the time.

15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    That needle episode sounds rather... unpleasant, Amaya. Woo, I've never had a needle put in my body. [face_dancing]

I just checked up on NaNoWriMo... very interesting. 50,000!! :eek: :p Nice work.

I only know of that word because some English girls I've come to know have been in Australia for the past few months!

Since when did Aussies use it? :p

16. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Since, like, now :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm not usually like that.

I've got an interview today and a blood test this morning. Anyone noticed the smoke? Apparently it's from Victoria.

17. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Graduating tomorrow horray! Huzzar! I got my gown yesterday and today I had to exchange my cap as the one I had was too big so I got it change to a medium from a large. In other news I got myself a job as a permanent part time breakfast attendant at the Colonial. So that's awesome as well.

BTW check out the funny Star Wars/Blackadder picture below:
    [image=http://www.bloggerheads.com/star_wars/images/star_wars_blackadder.jpg]

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Congratulations on your graduation Viceroy! I'm sure next year will be exciting. ;)

I hope your interview went well Katana. :D

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    It went okay but he said he was a bit hesitant about putting me in the job as it would involve liasing with the men in the workshop.

I just saw Murray, Viceroy as I was crossing the road. He said he's only in Tassie for a few weeks.

20. obi-han-doa

obi-han-doa Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 12, 2005
    hey what you guys serve in here????????????

21. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Anyzink you vant...

As well as shots of sarcasm, liberal doses of attempted wit and flagons of folly attempts at flatulence...

But mostly we serve information (incorrect as it may sometimes be)

Happy boxing day everyone! [face_beatup] (and yes I do know the real meaning of 'boxing day')

22. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I'll be in Melbourne this new years eve, leaving early saturday morning.

How was everyone's Chrissie? it was chilly down here, at least no flies.

23. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Cold and wet - just a normal Tassie Christmas.

It even hailed enought that the ground was white and starting to look like the perverbial "white christmas".

Anyway - sorry I havent been around lately. I was flat out with uni until the end of exams (3 HDs and a D) and then I had 2 weeks work immidiatly after that, and after that I got a full time position in the IT department of the TT-Line (spirit of Tasmania ferry company).

I was in the graduation march thing - and I think I even saw Viceroy.

So now I'm working and in the process of trying to find somewhere to rent in Devonport.

24. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Hello there! Just another SAFFer popping down for a visit! :D

25. obi-han-doa

obi-han-doa Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 12, 2005
    hello taz another SAFFer sayin hi.

wanna adopt this SAFFer to help your post count?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.