Trade Federation Cantina

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Morning everyone. First meeting of Fan Force Tasmania is today.

:cool:
  2. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JediMasterKieca is complaing that Tassie has a cantina? At least this one wasn't started by the English! First they took the Ashes, and then they started the pub in WA....
  3. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, at least you appreciate my cantina. That JediMasterKieca should stop making a big drama out of nothing. I don't go on her cantina to stir things up so she shouldn't do that with mine.
  4. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for the invite to your Cantina... I belong to a similar one on the SW site in Scotland.

How about a Lava shot to start with?
  5. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lava shot? Hm, sounds interesting. I'll have one too thanks barman!

And if anyone's up for Star Wars cocktails, please stop by the Yoda's Ears Pub in WA each night for delicious cocktails made by yours truly. Although, if there is interest here, I'll see what I can do about working split shifts!
  6. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    VB please..

how is eveyone tonight ?

A pleasant balmy evening in S.A tonight....
  7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    How am I? Well...

Think up all possible feelings you can... yes, all of them.

Think!

Are you thinking?

Now take away exhausted and happy. Those are my two. :p Put the rest on my tab for later.

In other news... do I sense some more Tasmanians somewhere here? Lurking around perhaps... Well, welcome!! [:D] From a proud Sydney... a Sydney....

A Sydney geek. That's all I am really. Darn. *clicks fingers wishingly* [:D]/>
  8. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice to know. Anything else happening in the world besides terrorism in Bali, horrible that was. When are these terrorists going to be caught and save us alot of trouble?
  9. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    The problem is that there are far too many. It's like killing sharks to stop them from eating people, you can't kill all of them.
  10. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Good point. Just like on Gladiator:
    "Some people should know when they are conquored."
    "Would you?"
  11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    I love Gladiator.

Duuuude, feel the love. [face_love]
  12. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah gladiator is cool. I like the battle scene at the beginning with the flaming arrows and missiles. The gladiator fights in the collusseum are cool, especially the 'Battle of Carthage' - "Aren't the barbarians supposed to lose the battle of Carthage?"
  13. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    My favourite line is: Death smiles at us all, the least a man can do is to smile back.

Gladiator is based on a true story
  14. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I know, you were telling me. There was a real Emperor called Commodus.
  15. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    Unfortunately, it's not even that simple. People aren't born good or evil - civillians or terrorists. Rebellionism will always exist while there is injustice and depravity in the world. 'Terrorism' is what happens when people misguidedly believe that they are helping to solve a problem by resorting to violence - murder and suicide. Just like in the Iraqi war when the killing of civillians was considered a 'necessary evil' in order to bring 'justice' to the world, so do many 'terrorists' believe that their deeds are 'justified' in the greater scheme. I am NOT attempting to trivilise any these acts: to me they are all horrendous crimes to humanity. But when we are only given our side of the story - such as in recent wars where journalists were NOT ALLOWED to report from the battlefront unless they were US approved (ie highligting the west as heros and the east as villains) - we do not realise that all of the acts of violence perpetrated come from the same, misguided reasoning. So even if you caught the people responsible for this latest attack, it would not stop the others from taking up their 'cause'. Think about how the west reacts when WE are the targets. It only makes the case stronger in point. Catching or conquering individuals is merely trimming the leaves off a growing sapling. The problem is not that there are masses of 'terrorists' out there, growing like weeds, but that violence is continually being advertised as the answer to violence. :(
  16. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    That's a bit serious for a light-hearted Cantina post Amaya, I'll start a seriousness thread then.
  17. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Great... thanks for that ....

i'm depressed now.....

why do I live in a morally corrupt society..... It's all my fault....

I say that we perform a public beating on me......
  18. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry guys!

I didn't know that cantina threads had to be light hearted. But does this not mean that we shouldn't have been talking about terrorism in the first place? (Not trying to upset anyone, just wondering).

Who's up for another round of drinks? My shout.[:D]
  19. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    I'm all for it, I'll have a Jedi Tonic
  20. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Get me a brandy. Chatelle Napoleon of course. Bottoms up!!!
    :cool:
  21. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    BTW Amaya, I finished Monkey III

Loved Murray the talking demonic skull!
  22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Are you sure? I don't think it is.... :confused:

*waves hand*
    Drunkenwell Drooz please. :D

Does Monkey III have any relation to Monkey Island? ...I remember that game demo.... [face_laugh]
  23. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    The only monkey i'm familiar with is... SPANK the monkey....
  24. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    WWWHHHAAATTT???!!!???:eek:

I've haven't even gotten off Scabb island yet!:confused:

(To everyone else - we are indeed referring to the awesome Lucas Arts game series 'Monkey Island'. I had No.3 and Katana had No.2, so we swapped.)

25. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    \

It is BASED on a true story, Commodus, Quintus, Lucilla, Marcus Aurelius and Lucius were all real people. There was a real plot against Commodus staged by Quintus and Lucilla but it failed.

Here is a link

Here is a wikipedia article about him.

And yes we are talking abotu Monkey Island
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.