Trade Federation Cantina

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes now lets talk about something else, such as my Kung Fu movie I'm writing. I'm up to scene 20 and looking to finish writing it before the year's out. So what else has everyone been up to?
  2. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, you know, taking two week holidays to Queensland, going to the theme parks and sunbaking, coming back and having a blissful marathon screening of the entire saga...and fixing up the mess I made during the dis-installation of my project[face_worried] [face_shhh]
  3. --Azrael-- Jedi Master

star 4
    ummmmm.......work.......work......and OH yes work
  4. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    The secret to a happy, balanced life is to either:

1) Get a more interesting job, or
    2) A less interesting social life.

Personally, I'm doing pretty good on number one, and brilliant on number 2.:D
  5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    There should be more talking in this thread and less working. :p

So is anyone home today? How's the weather down there? :)

Oh and I am currently really low on that first one Amaya. ;) My job sucks.
  6. woppo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I only had to work until 11am today, and that was all over time so get a nice bonus in my next pay.
  7. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was home...Mostly. And it was raining.
    Typical Tassie weather. We really only have two seasons: summer and winter. In the days between, they just take turns swapping.
  8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Maybe you could donate some of that rain up here. ;)

Actually, this morning it was pouring here?coming down in bucket loads. All we can hope for is more of it?even though it makes the days real dreary!! [face_laugh]

Did you (or anyone) see the cricket recently? (I'm meaning a week back when they were done there.) Hobart's got a nice ground. :)

woppo, you worked till 11am and it was overtime... Does that mean you do night shifts?
  9. --Azrael-- Jedi Master

star 4
    UGH night shifts. Did that before I left Canada. The nights dragged on. Different form of torture...I mean work now a days.

Hey Woppo, what plans have you for your TK armour?
  10. woppo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes we do have a nice ground down here, they just spent a lot on it so they could seat more people, but sill kept the hill area :)

No i dont work nights, I get one friday out of every 4 off work, but got to work half the day till 11am so got over time. My normal work day is 6:30am to 3pm, dont like the early start but like the early finish.

Hey Woppo, what plans have you for your TK armour?

I would like to wear it, but not a lot of chances to do that in tassie, so for now will just be a display item.
  11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Ah, I see wop. I think early finishes are better too. :) Is that stormtrooper armour you're referring too? Did you make it yourself? :D

My Dad does night shifts.... They really suck in my opinion. o_O
  12. woppo Jedi Knight

star 2

Yes it is stormtrooper armour, I am making it from a kit, I had to cut, file sand and dremel it down to a size to fit my body, then clue it together, so I did not build it from scratch but still a fair amount of work goes into it.

I used to do shift work, did not mind days and afternoon, but dont like the night shift for me night shift was from 11 pm till 7 am.
  13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice :). Homemade costumes?even with instructions!?are always so much better. Good luck with it! :D

Well, we're now dominating the Windies again in the cricket....
  14. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes we are doing well in the cricket. Although the Windies now are fighting back especially after Lara's 236 so the cricket's not appear to be just a push over for the Aussies, but still we're doing well. What about Langer ... got out for 99, how annoyed would you be?
  15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Extremely annoyed. And in the last Over of the day, nearly the worst you could get.

Lara's knock was very well done, and great work also for him in breaking the Test record. But there's really no hope for them to win a game in my opinion... just heard that the Windies are all out in the second innings?we need 181 runs to win. I doubt we'll fail to get that. But I suppose you're right, it's not a complete push over. :)

...I need some food.... *wanders off to the kitchen*
  16. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ugh, football, rugby and soccer in the oceania forum, and now the cricket in here. Could we PLEASE for once talk about an INTERESTING sport? Like, say, gymnastics? We did just host the WORLD CHAMPOINSHIPS after all.

Gah. Had to get that out of my system. But honestly, the most popular sports around seem to be the least interesting to actually watch! :rolleyes:
  17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    ...and do you imply that gymnastics is actually interesting to watch? [face_tired]

...o_O

I did notice Ch7 using valuable airtime to show the gymnastics. Really, they can't compare with Ch9's cricket coverage....

[face_mischief]
  18. woppo Jedi Knight

star 2
    only sport i dont like being on tv is the horse racing.....
  19. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Hey all, I'm Sydney as some of you may know and I feel I have to tell you about the awful, awful flight I had. I wished Han or even better Anakin flew my plane as we were skaken about like dice in a box.

To cut a long story short the ETA in Sydney was 21.35, we arrived at 3am [face_tired]
  20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Ouch. Was it one of those small planes that turns into a rag doll at the slightest turbulence?

Sydney... never heard of that place.... :p
  21. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    Duh. Gymnastics is like, the ultimate spectator sport.:rolleyes:

Hey Katana, bummer about the flight. Maybe plane was really being piloted by C-3P0[face_laugh] . You should have been on the flight with Crystalskye and I to the Gold Coast, it was most entertaining. Our very tall, lean, blonde, excessively model-looking flight attendant was wishing us a good day over the intercom that went something like this:

'...And we all hope you have enjoyed your flight with BUUUUURRRRPPPP!!!!!!!'[face_laugh]

22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh]

C-3PO once flew the Falcon.

Don't bring back painful memories.... :p
  23. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    No, it was actually a brand spanking new airbus, just a little one but still good.

No Amaya, Threepio was NOT flying the plane and the pilot was actually quite good due to the storms. I just wanted Han Solo, he might have been able to actually LAND and get us there ON TIME

It's hot today

EDIT: BTW, this is mopre for Azreal than anyone else but I saw this in myer today, about $270 each

[image=http://www.bigscreencells.com/images/products/FC2315.jpg]

There was also ESB and ROTJ

24. woppo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Where is here to be hot?
  25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes, Katana, it's hot here. I shouldn't have gone for that walk today. :p

Cool poster/collage. Don't collect them myself, but I like to look at them... :) ...once. :p

Lol! Amaya, look what happened! I did this because the idea came from this thread. ;) Let's see, shall we? [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.