main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Trade Federation Cantina

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    [face_whistling]...and a partidge in a pear tree...:D

Howz it goin' post-christmas, everyone? I just had my 21st birthday two days ago:p. Only day of decent sunshine all week (just as well - we had a BBQ at the Gorge).

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Hope you had a good day, Amaya. :)

I got a SW marvfel from the libary today, Han just ran into that bounty hunter from ord mantell

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I just noticed that Tassie now has two pages on the main thread listings. Great work! :D

And happy new years!! It's 2006!!!! [face_dancing]

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    To Amaya and Gunray: I still don't have my results. Sad but true.

Is it just me, or did union fees for fulltime students double? Instead of paying $132 I'm paying $264. This cannot be right. In my first year (2003) I paid $118 for the whole year.

5. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    It was $132 (or thereabouts) for each semester. I'm pretty sure we were always billed about $100 for each semester. At least from this year on they won't be able to bar people from their results. I'll bet it's pretty frustrating for you right now though!

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    no way, i remember well my fee for 2003 was $118

At least I'll be graduating this year

7. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    I'll be graduating from my course this year too. But I'm thinking of going back and doing a post-graduate degree in teaching cause I think I'll be a better teacher than police officer. Sorry to hear that you haven't got your results yet Katana, but I think you would have done well. I haven't fully paid off my Semester 2 fees yet and they still relaesed my results - apparently I heard that the Uni are thinking of getting rid of the service and amneties fees this year. Well another year has started and 2005 went by real quick don't you think? 2005 was an eventful year we had the space probes on Saturns moon Titan and that Comet, the London terror attacks, hurricane Katrina devastating New Orleans, the relaunch of the space shuttles after the Columbia disaster in 2003 and the death of Pope John Paul II and the appointment of Benedict XVI. If there's anything else you want to add feel free to do so.

8. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    I would have thought the release of the final chapter in the star wars saga would have made the list as well :)

9. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Motion to ban Viceroy from the forums gross breach of Star Warsiness.

Do I have a second?

10. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    No second chances then?????;)

11. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    To give the Viceroy the benefit of the doubt, I believe that he did not need to mention it because - Duh - it needn't be said.

2005 was the year we were all waiting for. We all know the reason why!

12. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Second Chances? Did Tarkin give Alderaan a second chance?

No! Long live the Empire!

13. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Remember, this is Gunray's Cantina. He can throw US out if he wants.

And that motion for Gunray's banning is denied :p A warning though, divide your posts into paragraphs so they are easy to read!

IMHO only ONE thing happened last year, SITH!

14. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Seconded.

(The sith comment, not the Viceroy being banned!)

Katana, the Viceroy now has my factfiles. They are awaiting your return. And geez were they heavy to lug around! (Just ask the Viceroy)

Well ppl, I only have two more days left in Australia:eek:.

15. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Sorry about that Shadowfire I forgot to mention the release of Revenge of the Sith, didn't mean to offend. As for Amaya Unduli, good luck in China and I'll have a talk to Katana and see about coming up and visit you in Beijing when your settled and we have the money for the airfare. Plus we might consider visiting North Korea, if we're game enough.

16. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    It's definetely close enough.

*Last night in Australia*

Feeling very [face_thinking] because I don't know whether I should be :_|, [face_worried] or [face_dancing]. I guess I'll just settle for my usual [face_tired] with a touch of sleep-deprived 8-}.

I may not be able to get onto the boards for a while - this could be my last post for some time. Then again, I might get a chance in Singapore.

Anyway, I'll see you all again when I get to Beijing!

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Have a brilliant, fun and profitable trip, Amaya!! :D

18. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Thanks, I did. Mostly.

Had a few issues with excess baggage (ie, had to get rid of approx. 30 kilos between the three of us in the Melbourne airport. Most stressful experience of my life[face_worried])

Singapore was great, if a little smelly. (they have some weird pineapple-like fruit that is apparently heaven to eat, but hell to smell. Never did get the chance to eat it) Could easily have stayed there for two months instead of two days.

So now I'm in Beijing. We're staying in a hostel right in the middle of the city and opposite the main train station for all of the China interstate travel and MAN does it seem busy, noisy, and generally chaotic.

But I guess that's to be expected...having spent the last seven years in deserted, sleepy, and incredibly backward Launnie:p.

So, wazzup with you guys? I've like, had this huge adventure-like thingy and only good 'ol Nefer has responded since I left. That is most disconcerting:confused:.

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I know....

It's very quiet....

I love adventures. Sounds like yours is going super good. :D Have you seen those on-the-ground... toilets? That's about my extent of knowledge that I can think of about those places.... :p

20. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I thought on the ground toilets were in Japan along with western toilets that include bum warmers and musical flushes. ?[face_plain]

At least in Australia we call a spade a spade and a toilet a toilet unlike the US where they say restroom or bathroom. I used to think a restroom was a place where you went and had a nap, the kinda place my dad would want to go to in a shopping centre.

Have a good ime up there Amaya, we'll try and have fun without you down here though it will be hard. :( Thanks for the factfiles and if you see Ender tell him I said hi.

I'm going to try and see excellence tomorrow, have already met Sith Magician.

I'll be back next week, have a great Aussie day.

21. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    [face_laugh] Yep. We call them 'squat pots', but thankfully most places have the 'western option'.

I know I was rushed the other day when I posted, but I really dunno how I managed to miss out the bit where Crsytalskye and I went to see the Art of Star Wars exibition in Singapore :eek: .

Needless to say, it was an awesome coincidence. I never even knew it was there except for a singular banner hung in the Sinapore airport.

They had a section for each episode, which all contained original conceptual artworks, minatures (such as the falcon, Death Star, etc), Costumes, and marquettes (such as Jabba, a Jawa, Chewie, R2, etc.). They also had some pretty fun interactive things like the 'Jedi Gym' with all sorts of sci-tech type games to see how you'd make it as a Jedi. They also had a quiz, and Crystalskye and I entered into the 10-space hall of fame six times between us. We saved two as FFTas - so we hope you guys don't mind that we represented us. I doubt that the scores will remain loaded when it gets moved to the next location anyway.

Anywaz, it was good, but there was not nearly enough stuff. I bought a tiny lego Obi-Wan on a keychain as a momento.

22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Star Wars exhibitions are always so cool to see. I remember the Magic of Myth when it was here in Sydney, awesome thing it was. Did you have a go at the Jedi-Gym, Amaya? ;)

Ender's back here in Australia now, Katana. ;) Came back in Decemeber if you remember.

Go the Lego keychains. :p

23. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    But of course!

There was a timed balance thing where you stand on a wobbly board, pressed a button that set the timer off and saw how long you could stay upright without the board touching the floor on either end. The average time most people can make is between 3-6 seconds. Everyone I saw (including me for the first few times) were only getting around 2sec. Then, amazingly, I found THE KNACK. I then got 8.2, and 8.5 seconds.

Crystalskye and worked together (yeah, we cheated) on this see-how-many-buttons-you-can-press-when-they-flash thing. We set the daily record, (which was later beaten by a team of three people).

We then headed off against each other in a force-calling challenge where you strap brainwave monitors to your forhead (just a velcro strip with some metal bits - nothing scary) and by relaxing, cause the small metal ball between the two people towards the other person's circle. Crystalskye beat me the first time after a long stand-off (I guess I was just too exicted to be there!) but then when we came back to it, I beat her straight off, sending the ball straight towards her and ending it in a few seconds. Go me! There were a few more challenges there, but I won't bore you with more details!

Anyway, some good news came today - Mum got a job in Zhijiang, so we'll be moving shortly after the Chinese New Year. It has a sub-tropical climate (YAY! Sensible weather!) and it's not as populated (and therefore hopefully less polluted and cigarette smoke filled). I've been putting in for jobs in Beijing, but have now put in for that area. Now I just need a little [face_good_luck] .

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Hehe, sounds like it was a good place to be. ;) Aye, it's not boring, I've always wanted to be a Jedi! I mean, read about human-created Jedi activities that don't involve the Force... mmm... yes, indeed. :p

*gives [face_good_luck] to Amaya* :p

I hope you get one soon. :) You know, I've just realised now that you're staying there, aren't you? I completely missed the 'last night in Australia' mention earlier... is it an indefinite stay or you plan to live there for a long time? :)

25. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    You responded to it, but you somehow missed it?:confused: Oh, you mean like you missed the true meaning:D. Maybe a 'last day in Australia' might've helped, but the reason why I could'nt was because our home computer had been taken away (we rented it), and it was becoming very hard use my laptop comfortably when there was absolutely no furniture in the house whatsoever:( . Not to mention the fact that I had no time, as we still hadn't finished getting ready[face_worried]!

As for the duration of the stay, I really don't know. It certainly won't be for ever - firstly, we'd have to get permanent residence visas (which are probably about as impossible to get here as they are back in Aus), and secondly, I want to see MORE! It's true what they say about the travel bug. Now that I'm in China, it's like HEY! I could go ANYWHERE! And Scotland is definetely on the list, seeing as how I am half Scottish. Sweeden is way up there to - don't ask me why, I've no idea. But for the now, my Mum and I are seeing what expereinces we can have here. Our main goal is to get fluent in Mandarin so that we can interpret for the Beijing Olympics (I'm bent on being an interpreter for one the gymnastics teams!).

Anyway, last night was Chinese new year and as we are staying right in the centre of the city, we did not get much sleep! The fireworks have been going off for days now, but last night was absolutely amazing. People just seemed to have their own fireworks going off EVERYWHERE. Around midnight, there were some going off right outside our window. We could see the person lighting them. The whole night was a cacophony of noise that sounded much like we were in a war zone and it went on for seven solid hours. It reminded me of Skyshow in WA, minus the organisation and the music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.