main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Trade Federation Cantina

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    cacophony, now that's an interesting word.

I barely heard anything about the chinese new year :(

What's the chance of you seeing Thorpey at the olympics, amaya? I went to the pool where he trains and saw his squad but he was in Melbourne for the commonwealth games.

I'll see what i can do to clean this place up. We need to get our banner on ASAP. Amaya, is it finished?

2. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    I dunno but...They really let people in to the pool where the national squad trains? Neat. Though I guess they need to train to ignore an audience as much as to swim.

Uhh, I thought that the banner we were going to use for the board was the one Milney made? If he's changed his mind, or you want a temp, then I have a banner that we could use. I...erm...well, to confess, it's the one for the website that I've been secretly making. I finished it the other day (the banner, that is). It's pretty much the same as the draft version that you and the Viceroy saw back in Tas, but I've polished it. There's just one problem - I can't upload anything onto the computers in the internet cafe. We're moving in to our apartment next Thursday and there's supposed to be a computer with internet access in there. If you still want to use it, I can post it then.

I guess I'd better explain about the website as well now. As you may know, just before I left Tas I found a really good site with tutorials on html. I had worked my way through them and felt competent enough to create a full webpage, and as nobody else in the Fanforce seemed keen on making our page, I thought I might as well give it a go. I didn't tell anybody in case it was crap, or in case somebody else had started making one too - though that does not seem to be the case. It's quite far along now and IMHO looks quite professional. Anyway, Crystalskye agrees so it can't just be because I've been staring at it for too long. Anyway, I was intent on finishing it while we're in Beijing so that I could present it to you guys in Ningbo, where I could hook my laptop up to the internet, but just the other day the power briefly went out and (presumably) blew a fuse in it. Luckily, I had been working almost entirely off my USB drive and still have access to all the files, but as I said, I haven't found a way around this annoying anti-virus system and can't upload it to the internet. So I won't have it finished, but if you're interested, I could upload what I've done on it so far on our family site, and you can tell me whether to continue with it or not.

3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I dunno but...They really let people in to the pool where the national squad trains? Neat. Though I guess they need to train to ignore an audience as much as to swim.

It was a national squad, just an average everyday swimming squad. Seeing Thorpie isn't like how we'd react to seeing GL. You more likle walk past the pool at Sutho and say "Oh, there's Thorpie working hard." Then see him heading to the change rooms after.

But as to what else you said I'll contact Milney about the banner and get it up though I'm not so sure about the webspace he's offered is still there as FF NSW has decided not to continue their website due to funding costs.

I'll get back to you.

4. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    I look forward to making Milney's life a misery while he is at CSU.

Little does he know that I am an Sys-admin at the Uni.

Muhahahaha

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Sounds like interesting things are happening there, Amaya! :D And I hope that webpage comes together for you, it sounds like it's really good. :)

How's this Cantina been holding up lately? I hope our friend Shad here hasn't laughed the building down or anything. :p

6. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Quiet you! Respect my Jul 98!

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    *prods Shad*

8. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Katana! Can I get a smiting to aisle 5?

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    No-one responds to the Jul '98! :eek:

:p

I am not smited!! [face_devil]

10. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Katana has no love for me :(

11. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Ask Viceroy for the smitings, it's his cantina not mine.

12. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Bah, forget it. I'll smite him myself!

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Meh, you can't catch me, so I have nothing to worry about!

14. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Perhaps if you enlightened me on the nature both of these clauses then I would be inclined to comment upon them[face_tired].

15. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    JUL-98 refers to the creation of my account.

You would think people would show some respect!

16. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    terribly sorry oh great and wonde.......oh wait sorry thought you were someone else
    ;)

17. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Can we mention that someone else here or is he a banned subject like over on the OS?

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    What are you talking about woppo.

And Shad, despitre the fact that you're a lot more of an oldbie than ther rest of us will ever be I happen to have ten times more posts than you do. :p

19. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Anyone care to talk about something else other than certain users lack of posts? ;)

20. woppo

Sep 30, 2004

I thought Azrael was talking about a guy who has a website where he claims to be best friends with George Lucas, and he also has the scripts for Ep 7,8 and 9. But over on starwars.com you cant even mention his name.

21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    That SuperShadow. [face_not_talking] His name is totally banned, I mean, saying SuperShadow makes you stoop so low. SuperShadow is absolutely offlimits for everyone. The next person that utters SuperShadow is in dire trouble.

Oh SuperShadow, look what you've done.

;)

22. woppo

Sep 30, 2004

You cant say that, you are sooo in trouble now ;)

23. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Oh sweetheart, it's the quality of the posts that counts, not the quantity.

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    ^ Famous words.

I'm talking about the sweetheart bit, of course. ;)

25. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Hey - if you're still looking for webhosting...

I own www.jawapro.com (ok ok, so its a lame site) but I could give you some space and stuff to put a website up as long as it wasnt going to be too big. I'd also be happy to help out making it if needed. I'm pretty good with HTML, PHP, and MySQL - just hopeless with the design :)

The hosting company I use isnt bad - some downtime occasionally - but not too much.

BTW - I'm a Computing student from Launie uni.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.