side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Ditto for me. But then, what else do we live for? :)

I really like this one so far, greencat! Excelent Obi-Torture and all that. I also really like Ryss in this one. Did you know that we live 45 minutes away from a town called Sylva?

Poor Obi!
    Poor Qui!
    Poor Me!
    Post soon!

Sarah >^,,^<

2. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    up! Post more, please? <looks pathetic> I need angst, lol

Sarah, is that in North Carolina? I live near a town called Sylva, too. Boring little town :p

3. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Yes Seni, that'd be NC alright. My fam lives really nearby the entrance to the Great Smokey Mountain National Park in an even smaller town.

Truth to tell though, I don't find it that boring. Maybe that has something to do with living in a family of eight kids! ;) (It's sorta like living in the Washington Park Zoo.) :)

Sarah >^,,^<

4. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    lol :)

I guess it's not too bad. The one I live in is hardly a town. :) No bookstore=bad
    :D

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    NO bookstore? Now that is true torture!

Here's the next bit, no angst, but it does have some torture (oh, we are sick, sick, sick puppies). Obi's torture was inspired by the unit on electricity we did in Physical Science. See, what you learn in school does have practical applications. :) :p

Their captors had stripped them down to their underclothes. Obi-Wan and Ryss were chained to the wall, powerlessly watching as the guards dragged the sobbing Nissa to the center of the room.

?Camera going? Good. Remember Jedi scum,? the tall man said, ?Any tricks and instead of a beating, she dies.?

?Let her go,? Obi-Wan pleaded. ?Hurting her won?t bring any sympathy to your cause. It will only . . .? He was interrupted by a punch to the face.

Nissa?s sobbing turned to screams as the guards surrounding her began to beat her with their fists. Ryss struggled against her chains, shrieking demands that they leave the girl alone. Obi-Wan, feeling more helpless than he had ever in his life, tried desperately to think of something, anything that would stop the girl?s abuse without getting her killed.

When Nissa?s screams had been reduced to a broken whimper, the tall man finally called an end to the beating. ?Get her out of here,? he commanded.

Facing the camera, he said, ?Thus the sins of the parents are visited upon the child. So long as the parents insist on corrupting our ways with offworlder influence, their children will suffer.? Pointing at Ryss, ?This one will also suffer for her own sins, the heretical Journeys through the loathsome galaxy. Willingly prostituting herself to offworlder ways.?

Turning to Ryss, the tall man said in a pleasantly, ?Its your turn now, my dear.?

?I will kill you,? she promised, ?Slowly and painfully.?

?It?s going to be the other way around,? he replied in the same pleasant conversational tone.

Leaving her wrists bound, Ryss was unchained from the wall. She lunged for the tall man, her fingers curved into claws. She was knocked to the ground before she got anywhere close. Kicking out with her legs, swinging her bound hands, Ryss tried to fight off the men attacking her. She managed to do this for less than one minute. Unable to defend herself physically, Ryss began to yell obscenities and promises of retribution as she was beaten. Sobs and screams mixed with the cursing. When there were only sobs, the tall man stopped the beating.

Kneeling down, he asked, ?Do you understand your position any better??

Rolling her head so she could look at him, Ryss hoarsely said, ?Position is the same. Kill you slow.?

?Some people are slow learners. Perhaps another lesson is in order,? the tall man reached for a whip. The tall man began to lash Ryss. Weakly, she struggled to avoid each punishing blow.

Obi-Wan was frantic ? to have to watch helplessly, not being able to do anything . . . not being able to do anything overtly. An idea formed in his head. Calming himself as best he could, he reached out with the Force, pushing Ryss into unconsciousness. Torturing someone after they had passed out was pointless. He then began to send healing energies towards her. Ignoring the injuries that showed on the surface, including a broken arm, he focused on her damaged ribs and bruised internal organs.

The whip cut into Ryss a few more times before the man realized she had passed out. ?How disappointing,? he said, kicking her limp body. ?Remove it,? he ordered.

Addressing Obi-Wan, he said, ?Now, for the Jedi, one of the so-called protectors of the galaxy. Not doing a very good job, are you? Let a little girl get beat up, let a young woman get beaten unconscious.? Sarcasm dripped like acid from his words. ?And what of your great Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn? Uncaringly allowing this to happen to you while he continues to mediate the Trade Summit. Destroying the traditional culture of a once noble people must be far more important to him than you and innocent children.?

Obi-Wan knew that the words were m

6. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    *pants to catch breath* Fess up, greencat...you've been taking lessons from Jane Jinn, haven't you? Great post! Won't that creep be surprised when he realizes Qui-Gon already knows who's behind it. Okay, Qui...do something to save your padawan!

7. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Wow, what an intense post. I can't wait to see the look on the villan's face when Qui-Gon catches up to them. I would think the parents of the missing children will start panicing when they realize the supposed traditionalists are not holding to the traditional ways. It will possibly make Qui-Gon's job harder. Looking forward to more.

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I never thought of electricity! Wow! And I -thought- that man was just trying to get revenge on Qui-Gon. Poor Obi-Wan. I'll bet he never eats toast again.

9. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    lol! (not at Obi, at Jane)

Ouch. Double ouch. What else can I say? Oh wait! POOR OBI!! There we go... :)

Sarah >^,,^<

10. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    [face_shocked] Greencat, have you been taking lessons from Jane?? And Qui's going to kick some a** when he finally finds Obi..... he does find him right?

11. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Uppers. And Greencat, the line " Isn't science fun", was classic. Please post soon :D

12. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    I am SHOCKED!!!!! (ooopsss... bad, bad, bad pun- Didn't realize that until I wrote it- but what else can I say??)
    Ooooohhhh... ::Shudders:: POOR OBI!!! Find him, Qui-Gon, Find them all!!!

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Thank you all for your feedback. Comparisions to Jane Jinn? [face_blush] I'm honored.

Here's some angst. Oh, and as for the other children's parents being frantic with worry, according to my bother-in-law, who is a police officer and was special services in the military, the amount of info that the parents would get would really be minimal. As he put it "One highly motivated father with a hunting rifle could cause a disaster of unkown proportions." I try to show this idea in the following post . . .

I live for feedback, please let me know what you think!

Officer Alberich had argued vehemently against Qui-Gon watching the latest holo. It was not necessary, the officer had told the Jedi Master. There was no new information on it. Nothing was added to the investigation. Furthermore, no one else was being given access to it either, not the delegates, the parents or even most of the security forces involved. All it would do would be to keep him from thinking clearly. Distract him from what needed to be done. His apprentice and the other hostages were still alive. Leave it at that, Alberich had practically begged. But the Jedi Master had overruled him.

Qui-Gon later would admit, Officer Alberich had been right. He would have been much better off not seeing a twelve year old girl, Ryss and his Padawan brutally tortured. For now, though, he couldn?t think that clearly. For now, it was all he could do to keep the rage and guilt he felt contained. In his quarters, he tried again to focus enough to release those feelings into the Force. He tried to calm himself with meditations. Instead he found himself pacing his room like a caged animal. An animal that wants only to rend and destroy those that threaten its young.

Occupied with his anger and guilt, Qui-Gon didn?t hear the knocking at his door. When Carra finally opened the door herself and walked in, he unthinkingly lunged at the unexpected invader. Gasping in surprise, Carra twisted out of the way, barely avoiding Qui-Gon?s strike. Qui-Gon caught himself, silently berating himself for his unJedi like behavior. It did help him get himself slightly more under control. Sith, what had he been thinking to go after Carra like that?

?Qui-Gon, what?s wrong?? demanded Carra anxiously. ?I can feel you all the way to Ky?rn?s suite. You were talking with the officer in charge of the investigation. Have you heard from the terrorists? Have they . . . Are Ryss and the others . . . ?

?They?re alive. A young girl, Ryss and Obi-Wan have been . . . hurt, because of my failure to acceed to their demands? Qui-Gon refused to go into anymore detail. If someone who didn?t believe in revenge felt like this after knowing what was on the holo, what would it be like for someone who did?

?Worse than Ptedesh?? asked Carra, her face emotionless.

?For the girl and Ryss, no.? Qui-Gon lied protectively about Ryss. ?For Obi-Wan . . . maybe.?

?They aren?t being hurt because of anything you?ve done, Qui-Gon,? Carra reminded him. ?They?re being hurt because the terrorists are a bunch of sick, twisted bastards that think torture will get them what they want politically.?

?No. It goes beyond any attempt at political manipulation. Chavin is torturing Obi-Wan to punish me for shutting down his slave-gladiator operation.?

?Well then, we?ll have to stop him. Drew and I think we may have found the location of the ultra-modernists? base. We were going to check it out when I felt your outburst of anger. Are you calm enough now to go along? A reconissence mission is no place for irrational fury. Thinking with your emotions in a situation like that can be a disaster.?

Hearing the Jedi code echo in her words, Qui-Gon calmed further. She was right, action without emotion. Only when he was at peace did a Jedi act. Granted, he wasn?t exactly at peace right now, but it was as close as he was going to get.

?What about you?? he asked, suddenly wondering about her apparent calm when he knew she was as furi

14. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Go Qui-Gon, Go! Find your padawan! Watch out, Chavin! You've made the Jedi master mad! :eek:

15. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Somebody's gonna' get it!

16. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Someone's in trouble.......... [face_shocked] I'm thinking that video wasn't such a good idea.

17. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    Hmmm... Sounds like Qui-Gon is ready to kick some butt!! Go get 'em, Qui, go get 'em!!!

18. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I liked the way you showed the difference between Carra's philosophy and Qui-Gon's, and the way Qui-Gon disagreed, but decided to go along without arguing. Are they really going to find the children at the base, or will it just be a dead end? What sort of condition will Obi-Wan be in when they do find him?

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    The next couple of posts seem a bit iffy to me. Hope they are okay . . . And Qui-Gon is on his way!

When they tossed Obi-Wan back into the room where they had been holding the children, he felt a moment of panic hit him. The furniture was all shoved into the center of the room and there were no signs of the children. Then Silva and a few of the other children emerged from behind the furniture and Obi-Wan realized what they had done.

The children had pulled the chairs and couches across the room, with the backs towards the doors. This created a fragile barricade they were hidden behind. Obi-Wan noted absently that it angled slightly so that the refresher was in the ?safety zone.?

?How are Nissa and Ryss?? Obi-Wan asked. He had pulled himself up into a sitting position, but decided that the effort to move any further wasn?t worth the trouble. The electricity had left very few physical marks on his body, but his nerves and joints ached. Involuntarily, he would occasionally twitch, as if his muscles were still reacting to the volts that had flowed through them.

?Nissa won?t say anything. She just curled up in a corner of the room. If anyone gets near her, she starts crying. Ryss still hasn?t woken up.? Silva sounded as if she was trying very hard not to cry herself. ?Are you okay? You don?t look that bad, not as bad as the last time. I think Ryss has a broken arm. I tried to splint it, like we learned in first aid in health class, but I don?t know if I did it right . . . ?

?I?ll take a look at it. You are doing fine, Silva.? Obi-Wan could sense the girl?s fear. He could not give in to his own feelings of fear and despair. They were counting on him. He could not fail them again. Taking a deep breath, he forced himself to his feet. Ignoring the sharp pains the motion triggered, he followed Silva behind the barricade.

?When did you move the furniture?? Obi-Wan asked.

?After they took you all away. Keeping busy helped to not think about . . . you know. It probably won?t even slow them down, but it feels safer. Like when you?re little, hiding under the blankets keeps monsters away.? Silva said. If only it was that easy to keep the monsters holding them captive away.

?It was a good idea, Silva.? Obi-Wan walked over to where Nissa was huddled, wrapped in a blanket. As soon as he came close, the girl began to whimper.

?Please, stay away? she whispered. ?Don?t hurt me anymore.?

Her words cut at Obi-Wan. Her hurts were his responsibility. He had failed to keep the children from capture, had failed to protect them from harm. Even now, he could do little to help the girl. Closing his eyes, he drew upon the Force. ?Sleep,? he said, backing the suggestion with the Force. Obligingly, the girl closed her own eyes and relaxed into dreamless slumber.

Obi-Wan swayed slightly. The effort of using the Force had drained nearly all of his remaining strength. He stumbled over to where Ryss was laying on the floor, covered with blankets. Obi-Wan was very aware that the children were watching him intently. He had to maintain his appearance of calm, for their sake. Hoping that it looked as if he was sitting, not collapsing, Obi-Wan lowered himself next to Ryss.

?What did you do to Nissa?? asked Silva.

?Used the Force to put her to sleep. Hopefully when she?s rested a little, she?ll be calmer.? Obi-Wan explained.

?Why don?t you do that to the guards? Make them go to sleep and then we escape,? demanded Silva.

?I tried to use a mind trick on the guards. It didn?t work.? Obi-Wan examined the splint on Ryss?s arm. It gave him an excuse not to look at the children as he admitted yet another failure. In addition to the broken arm, he thought some of her ribs might be cracked or broken. What worried him most, however, was the possibility of internal injuries. Ryss seemed very pale. He wondered if she was bleeding internally. He lacked the strength to send any more healing energies into the woman. After he rested, he promised

20. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Nothing iffy about that! Very good post. I liked how you Obi was able to push his feeling of failure away in order to take care of the others. Can't wait for more!

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    greencat, I must apologize for losing track of this thread.

I feel like I've just been through torture myself. Those posts were awesome, very descriptive in a painful sort of way. :)

All I can say is WOW!!!

22. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Poor Obi!

Qui-Gon better get there soon. It doesn't look good for our favorite Padawan. If the volts don't kill him, the guilt will. I like the whole idea about the honor hostages. It sounds like a probable tradition. But best of all, I love the fact that it really isn't the traditionalists doing this but rather the modernists trying to make the traditionalists look bad. Very clever and complex. But of course Qui is one step ahead of them. Speaking of Qui, his angst is very well done.

Not to be greed, but may I have some more?

Hannah

23. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    I agree, WOW. Can we have more please? :)

24. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Oooh Carra, that's not a very good idea...

Qui-Gon, when are you going to learn that not *everything* is your fault??

Obi-Wan, quit beating yourself up like that! Believe me, there are others quite willing to do it for you! :D

Sarah >^,,^<

25. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I liked the way the children made a barricade of the furniture to give them a semblance of safety. Very realistic! And I also liked the way Obi-Wan got up and checked on the other two, doing what he could for them, and feeling guilty all the while. Very true to his character! Nothing iffy about that post, bring on the next one please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.