curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    Great posts!

Oooooh Skirmish sounds really really interesting. Psychological torture, physical torture... it's still torture :D Can't wait!

2. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Poor Obi, it's hard trying to figure the motivations of others. I remember reading once that the villans rarely thought of themselves as villans. I've really enjoyed this story, I look forward to reading your next.

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Everyone has a reason for their actions. I believe that very few people would choose to do something that they perceive is 'wrong.' Unfortunately, what some people believe is 'right' is harmful to others. Even more unfortunate, the world is full of examples of this -- KKK, the fighting between Palestine/Isreal, the fighting between Ireland/England -- some of my students have explained that they 'have' to fight or shoot at others that insult them because otherwise they will be perceived as weak (not their phrasing, but that's the idea). That is the major difficulty, how do you get some one to change a behavior that they believe is correct? We have to make the attempt, I think, or give into darkness.

My, that was a happy little ramble. :::::Greencat steps down off her soapbox:::::::::::::

Here's the last post of this story. Thank you all very much for reading my story. After I leave here, I'm going to post the first part of Skirmish. Hope to see you there!

Greencat

Obi-Wan was very happy. He was being released from the med center. On his way out, he and his master planned on stopping to see Ryss, who was staying on the next floor.

The two Jedi could hear the noise of conversation down the hall from Ryss?s room. As they drew close, it became apparent why. The small med center room was filled with people. The atmosphere was one of a happy family get together, rather than that of someone recovering from brutal torture.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan hesitated for a moment at the door of Ryss? room, uncertain about interrupting. Ky?ren, Ryss? mother, sat next to her bed, along with a middle aged man with the weathered skin of someone who spent a great deal of time outdoors. Sitting on the foot of the bed were two slender young women, both with short cut brown hair. Carra and Drew leaned against the wall. Somehow the two of them had managed to smuggle in Zai and Zack, the trio?s pet canines. The two canines were sprawled at Carra and Drew?s feet, their tails wagging.

Catching sight of the two, Ryss called, ?Master Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, its good to see you!?

?We do not want to intrude,? said Qui-Gon.

?You are not intruding. You and Obi-Wan will always be welcome among us,? replied Ky?ren, with a smile.

?Come in and meet the rest of my family. This is my father, Allyn. My sisters, Suzan and Kace. They all got in a couple of days ago.? Noticing that Obi-Wan was wearing his robes instead of med center white pajamas, Ryss said, ?Are they letting you go??

Obi-Wan nodded. ?When do you get to leave??

Ryss sighed. ?Not for a few of more days. We?re all going to head to Ytrayuit for a couple of weeks, then back here for the trial. You?ll both be here for that won?t you??

?Yes,? Qui-gon said. ?Although I have heard that Chavin is trying to make a deal with the Prosecuting Attorney?s office, to trade the names of those that hired him for a reduced sentence.?

Carra glared. ?As much as I hate the idea of that slimo not spending the rest of his misbegotten life in prison, the bastards that hired him have to be brought down, too.?

?They can?t be allowed to remain free. Who knows what they?d do next.? Ryss declared.

Eventually, the conversation drifted to other topics. Family stories were retold, family news and gossip shared. After a while, Qui-Gon excused himself and his Padawan.

?Master Jinn,? a voice called after them, as they walked down the hall. Turning they found Ryss?s father striding towards them.

?Yes?? asked Qui-Gon.

?Master Jinn, I owe you my daughter?s life. My family and I are in your debt,? Allyn said.

Shaking his his head, Qui-gon said, ?There is no debt between us. I was just one of many to help Ryss.?

Ignoring the Jedi?s comment, Allyn repeated, ?If ever you or yours need anything, call on us. Whatever we have will be at your disposal.?

Qui-Gon bowed, ?Thank you.?

Nodding, Allyn turned and walked back toward?s Ryss room.

Putting his arm around Obi-Wan?s shoulders, Qui-Gon said, ?L

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Wonderful story, greencat! You are truly a talented storyteller. Can't wait to read your next one!

5. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Great story Greencat, I'll go check out your new one now....

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've already been reading your new one and completely forget about finishing up this one.

I wonderful ending greencat. I loved Qui and Obi's discussion of evil intentions and actions... such a difficult subject.

I'm glad the Jedi got to say goodbye to Ryss, Carra ansd Drew and I wonder if they'll ever be taking Allyn's up on his offer of help should they ever need it.

LThank you for sharing this with us!! :) :)

7. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Ahhhhh! The nice thing about being unable to get onto the net for several days is that when you come back, you've got loads o' stuff to read! :)

Fantastic story, greencat! Can't wait for your next one! *suddenly remembers that it's already been started and is waiting for her* YEHAAA! :D

Sarah >^,,^<

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Greencat is a girl? *falls off chair in surprise* I could have sworn you were a guy! But your soapbox rant was right on the mark.

Good ending to the story. I liked the idea of a happy family get-together instead of the atmosphere of someone recovering from brutal torture. And the way Ryss's father told Qui-Gon that he only had to ask for help and they would supply it. Will such a time come?

9. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Sigh. Why do I keep getting mistaken for I guy. I don't think its my name. . . is it something about how I phrase my comments? I grant you, that in real life I was never pink frills & bows, but I'm not butch. ?[face_plain]

As to the family get together atmosphere - thanks. That was inspired by real life, my mom's hospital stay. Every day my dad, my two sisters and I would arrive. A couple of times we even got asked to quiet down. My mom said she enjoyed the visits, they made her feel alot better than if we were all solemn.

The Endersun clan does indeed later come to the Jedi's aid. I don't know if I will ever get around to writing the story, but during the Jedi purges, they shelter and hide Jedi. Unfortunately, the Emperor does not look with fondness on a planet of Force sensitive people that hold the Jedi in very high regard. In my head that story focuses mostly on Ryss's sister Suzan, who does survive. I haven't decided whether Carra, Drew & Ryss survive the purges, though . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.