main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trail Ride

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Jedi_Natalie, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I am thinking about doing a trail ride this summer with a bunch of my friends who have never ridden before.

Would anyone in this group be interested in something like this? It would cost $20 and it usually lasts for about 1-1.5 hours. Its at J&H stables and you get to go through a part of Umstead State Park which is a very gorgeous area.

No experience is necessary! Like I said I have 2 friends that really want to ride sometime that have never been on a horse. Also if anyone is nervous and would like to get up on a horse for free sometime just to see if this is something they can do I will be more than willing to lead people around on the horse I'm leasing sometime. It is a lot of fun!

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Brilliant idea! This is a great way to see a terrific horseperson Natalie do some great stuff and allow us to learn how to ride.

3. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I think I have to respectfully decline this invitation to ride. I don't think I could get back on a horse after my experience up North.

-UD

4. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I love riding horses! After finally losing some weight I can think about riding again. For a while I was too heavy. I hope I can make it back up there later in the summer and maybe we can work out a plan for an outing. Until then you guys have fun!

5. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Right now the plan is tentatively for the end of July. I have 2 coworkers who want to go and 2 of my friends who have never been on a horse before and then each of them might bring someone along. So it should be fun. I'll let you know the final word of when we set up an official date.

6. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    Horse Riding why not. It will be something differnt and a new skill that I may need to know in the future.

7. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Ok the plan is this Saturday (the 17th). Chris and I will be going and I hope some of my other friends will join as well. Anyone from the Fan Force is welcome. It should be lots of fun :) . Remember no experience necessary.

8. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Adam should be getting out of his temp assignment at Norfolk. This will be fun!

9. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    Well if no experience necessary then count me in. Just give me a time and a place and I will try to be there this weekend.

10. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Umm, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Last experience with a horse didn't turn out too well.

-Jane

11. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Ok we will be riding Saturday at 2pm. J&H Stable is located at:

4822 Ebenezer Church Rd
    Raleigh, NC 27612

We can meet at my apartment or meet at the stable just let me know what you plan on doing if you are going to come - 919-815-6399 (I don't have internet at home so don't count on my checking this board after I post this).

I'm going to make a reservation for all of us at 2pm so if something comes up and you can't make it then you need to let me know so I can call the stable. They saddle the horses ahead of time so they need an exact number of people.

The cost is $20 and expect to give the guide a couple dollar tip.

This will be lots of fun guys :) .

12. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Ok my coworker really wants to go riding so we are planning another trip. This Saturday (9/4) at 2pm. So far we have 2 people who have never been on a horse going. If anyone is interested let me know by Friday (I have to make reservations!). Its at the same place we went last time - does anyone remember the guide's name we had last time? It would be cool to get her again and also let me know if you want the same horse (I'll need his name).

13. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    So is anybody else going?

14. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Andrew is but you have to remind him on Friday.

15. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Wow!!! What an awesome trail ride! I hope it didn't scare anyone to much with the yellow jacket attack and the extreme hills, mud holes, and creeks. All and all it was an amazing advanced trail. I just kept snapping the pictures, check them out:

Trail Ride 2004

There are pictures of Andrew and Chris up plus a lot of other people that I know from clubs and work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.