main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Trailer D in Australia

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by wedge3210, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I've just had a quick look on the Greater Union website and noticed that Ice Age is released on the 21 of March. The AOTC trailer is attached to the film in the USA and Great Britain is also confirmed to have it (after us I might add).

The trailer is on Sunday night's episode of Malcolm in the Middle for the USA. The Internet release is supposed to be shortly afterwards, but I haven't found a date anyway. Any of the spoiler people know?

Thought I'd let you know if you're hanging out for a big screen showing of it. I'll have to drag my little sisters to what will undoubtedly be another fine animated flick.

2. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    You can bet your bottom dollar it will be taped from US TV, digitised and up on the web within the hour.

3. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    ner ner. I moved away so i won't be dragging any siblings anywhere.

4. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    But will it be a Real Player type quality that we're so used to from TF.N?

I noticed in one article that it will be on line shortly after the TV airing. I don't know if that means hours or days.

It'll give my mum some time off from the little terrors for a few hours.

5. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    It makes sense for Apple to release QT versions of the trailers immediately after its seen on TV, otherwise there'll just be bootleg copies of it floating around.

If someone has the right capture equipment, it should look pretty schmick.

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    That's true. But TFN has a liking for the Real Player on their downloads page.

Hopefully Morpheus will be running a lot smoother next week and it'll have a decent MPG or Quicktime version of it on there.

SW.com will hopefully have it up that night. Early Monday afternoon our time.

7. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I agree with Sil...

8. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

But will it be shown on tv in Oz?

I will be extremely .... pensive if its not.

Maybe on Foxtel?

But otherwise, well, I know a site that publishes multi-res mpeg versions of trailers (it has the all the other E2 ones, so I imagine it will...)

*sigh*

9. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    You know, the FOXTEL thing might be a goer. It's being shown on a number of International FOX TV outlets. Malaysia included. So it might be there tomorrow night.

But I'm waiting for on here. If the Spoiler people know when it's out, please let me (or us) know in here. I'm not keen to head over to the PSA area, and it's very possible I'll be busy all tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks.

10. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Well, I for one will be flipping frantically back and forth between Foxtel and Ch9 (or NBN, to us Novacastrians...) Busier than a very busy person who has just been given some more things to do!!

I think it would be right naff of them to show it in every other country but Oz on Monday night though ...

But then, it would nae surprise me.

And btw, there's apparently bootlegs already up on the net. But they're closed before you can even get there. Funnily enough. But the folks who have seen them are pretty impressed and just won't shut up about it ...

And then of course there is the pics from the trailer, still up last I checked, at *how did I miss this?*- if you aren't keen enough for the trailer yet, they'll do the trick ...

Edit: Sorry guys, there's no footage/screenshots/links to trailer D stuff allowed here.

11. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Man, I'm so tempted. But I think I'll just try and see it from now on without checking anymore pics than I already have.

Where in newcastle are you, BTW?

12. Mmmm_Yaddle_Waddle

Mmmm_Yaddle_Waddle Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    Man, I'm glad the rest of you diggers are now bringing this up.

Please note: the TPM trailer debuted (not in entirety mind you) on 'A Current Affair' a few hours before it was released online. Maybe they'll show it again this time around OR wouldm soemthing like the TOday show pick irt up the day _following_ the US maybe?

I have Foxtel and haven't heard a peep aboutr it :(

Would SI know?

13. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I remember them showing the TPM (and AotC's first) trailer on channel 10 news.

But with any luck it'll be online before then.

14. Mmmm_Yaddle_Waddle

Mmmm_Yaddle_Waddle Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    well the Official Site will havbe it up in Quicktime just as it goes on to TV in the States, I'd say.

Anyone else a tad sick of TFN's US-centricity? They even ahd that story "Chill, Canadians, You'll still see it" but not much major reporting on International releases or anything... drag!

15. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Trailer D will be available for D/L from the offical site from 10th March US time.

For us Aussie's that means Mon 11th March.

(this info was provided by the official site-don't blame me if it's wrong)

16. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    and we will all be camping the site :D

17. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Sorry, Shara. Momentarily lapse of sanity ...

I have foxtel, have heard nothing. See nothing in the guide - except that there's an entertainment news show on at 8.20 that might show it ...

But, I just read that it's already been shown on tv in Croatia?!?!?!

What the dickens is going on ??

18. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Any idea what the time will be on the official site but?

19. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Good question.

I can't be bothered figure out the timezone differences, but I think someone said about 2pm our time ... which sounds about right.

Btw, just over at sw.com and it's already as slow as heck... probably lurkers hanging around waiting ...

20. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    sw.com is working alright from here. No worries as of yet. apple.com will also have it I believe as Quicktime is their puppy.

I think the actual time is 1PM for us. So knock an hour off your countdown.

21. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    No I think it will be around 4 - 5pm AEST...

In the boards, when a post is 3:30pm PST, it is 10:15 here for example. So that means it is about at least 5 hours away... Ok I will revise, perhaps 3pm??

22. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    Ozhaggis - your talking about www.movie-list.com yeah??

23. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    1pm kiddies....

24. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Why do you keep thinking it will be 1pm?

What part of Australia are you in... or are you from NZ?

25. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Movie list?

What is this movielist you speak of?

Anyway - according to the boards timestamp, it's 4.30pm in the US now - 11am our time - so it should be up in about 4 hours ... which makes it ... *counts fingers* ... 3pm our time. yes ?

Depending on whether the boards are east coast or west coast, of course ... so plus or minus an hour ...

So, um, somewhere between 1pm and 5pm ?

Yes. That's much clearer. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.