main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer for new story----- NJO Tales of the Jedi: "Exile of the Haunted Knight"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Cheveyo, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Hi everyone.
    I am writing a new trilogy, Cheveyo: Tales of the Jedi. The story arc details all-new characters and situations based in the era just prior to the NJO.

The first installment, entitled Exile of the Haunted Knight is in the last stages of editing after a lengthy re-write. I hope to post it here in the coming days. In the meantime, I've prepared two "teaser images" to wet your appetite. ;)

Let me know what you think of these, and if they have fulfilled their job to pique your interest.

Cover Illustration
    Opening Crawl

Thanks.

2. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Greetings all! I've been spending all my time in the fan art forums lately, but I finally completed this story.
    Now the question is...
    Can I get you interested in it?! :D
    So what is this story about?
    ---------------------------------------------
    It takes place 3 years before the New Jedi Order series (21 years after Star Wars: A New Hope). Cheveyo is a Jedi in exile... self-imposed exile, that is. Two years ago, the knight was dispatched to save a planet from destruction. He failed.

Now he lives in seclusion; the death of a population haunting his every thought.

His destiny is not to fade away, however. With the arrival of a damaged ship, Cheveyo chooses a path that could lead him to reclaim the vestiges of his Jedi past... or drive him to the deepest shadows of the Force.

---------------------------------------------
    I'm preparing to post the story in the FanFic forum, but I want to know if you are interested!

What do you think?

3. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Here is an excerpt from the story.

A cool cloth rested over my eyes. It was damp, but the water it had been soaked in was hardly fresh. I tried to turn my head to either side but was overcome with a dizzying headache. I felt nauseous.

I was being propped up by something soft like a padded armrest or.... A leg. A hand gently pressed on the cloth over my eyes and forehead, forcing some of the stale water down my cheeks. The gesture was intended to ease some of the pain, but the stench of the water was too distracting. I tried to sit up, fighting the surge of awakening nerve-endings inside my head.

The hand pressed against my shoulder and I heard a woman?s voice behind me say, ?Don?t try to move yet. Give the stun time to wear off.?

I let the petite hand ease me back into the lap. When I relaxed, the pain receded again. I whispered, ?Where am I??

?You?re in the main hold of the Nova Ryn.?

I asked, ?The freighter??

?Yes. We are still on the ground. The slavers haven?t been able to repair the sublight engines.?

?How long have I been out??

?Not long. We have no sense of time
    in here, so I can?t say for sure. Probably a couple of hours.?

I pulled the cloth away from my eyes and squinted at my surroundings. The compartment was large, filled almost completely with people of various races and genders. All of them sat in silence, watching me.

I looked up into the eyes of the woman whose lap I was using as a pillow. They were a beautiful jade green with gold flecks, sad, but alive with hope. She was human, maybe Correllian, judging from her accent. She had long brown hair that was tied off in a ponytail and was dressed much the same as the others?in rags that had once been called clothing. The fabric was barely enough to conceal her slender physique. I also noticed that she, like everyone else in the hold, was barefoot.

Eyeing her clothing, I asked, ?How long have you been here??

The woman pulled on her rags, attempting to better conceal herself. ?I?ve been here for little more than a week, but some of us have been here more than two months.? She gave another tug at the disheveled attire. ?They give us these and confiscate the clothes they catch us in. I assume it?s to break our spirits by the time we reach their market.?

4. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    And..... it's posted! :D

You can find the story HERE

Let me know what you think of it!!

-Cheveyo (Brett)

5. ClintMiller

ClintMiller Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2001
    Check your lettering.

To me it looks like "EXTLE."

See if anyone else agrees.

Clint.

6. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Thanks for the input, Clint. I'll look into modifying the title image in future versions.

7. BelleBayard

BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Mar 16, 2000
    Interesting. Now that I take another look I see another typo. Under the main banner, the title reads Exhile of the Haunted Knight, not Exile of the Haunted Knight. Amazing what sees is not always what is actually there. :)

8. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Oh cripes! I can't believe I did that!!! Guess I HAVE to go back and fix THAT ONE... Lest I be labeled a moron ;)

Critics can be so unforgiving~~ LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.