main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer for Sequel to Power of the Sith Online!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by unclepain, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    I have just posted the new teaser trailer online for "The Newborn Uprising", the sequel to "Power of the Sith" . This is the first time I have used this web service for hosting a video file, and I'm not sure how long it will take to go over the 300 meg limit per site, so I created 3 sites mirroring the same file.

The Newborn Uprising 1
    The Newborn Uprising 2
    The Newborn Uprising 3
    1:00 On2 Quicktime 3 MB

(in a hushed voice)
    "actually it's really a birth announcement for my new son Jacob, but I didn't want to bury it in the social thread, so I turned it into a fan film movie trailer"-

Later- Jeremy

2. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    Cool! When does it come out?

3. darthkatan

darthkatan Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2001
    Brilliant!

4. Waylynne

Waylynne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2001
    From one old man to another - congratulations...

For me, Padawan #2 was released on July 7...

:D

5. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    [face_laugh] Great stuff. The cliched line has never been so appropriate!

First bit of bluescreening as well huh?! (OOOoooooh!) Mucking around or not, technically this is a pretty big jump from POTS, I look forward to seeing more from you soon! (movies - not kids :p )

Sleep is for the weak
    Double [face_laugh]

6. unclepain

Mar 6, 2002
    Thanks guys!
    Actually, there probably won't be a whole movie based on this, but you will definitely see more of Jedi Tyler and Jedi Ryan in the future. I didn't sit around sewing 2 little Jedi outfits for a week for nothin.
    Daft, yeah this was my first adventure into bluescreening. I'm really not very happy with it as it looks like junk compared to some of the other keying tests I've seen around here. My original footage looks really bad and very difficult to key. I'm having to come up with lots of work-arounds just to get it as clean as it is. I don't have near the trouble when I key other blue screen footage that was shot with a decent camera and lit correctly.
    I have been trying to learn alot with Lightwave and follow as many tutorials as I can. Learning new stuff all the time ("hey, what's this motion blur thingy do?" -duh- I'm a Mac user- I don't read manuals!) but still need more work on texturing.
    Anyways- I get my money from the HGTV contest tomorrow so, Composite Toolkit here I come!
    Oh yeah- Sleep is for the Weak couldn't be a more accurate tag-line. I'm up at 5 am this morning with Jake typing this. Doh!

7. TwilightMaster

TwilightMaster Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    Nice looking trailer here mate and congratulations on the birth of your new son :)

Watching your nipper screaming his head off brought back some memorys :)

May the earplugs be with you !

Kev

8. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    That's just too perfect!
    Gongrats to you, your wife and the kids on the new youngling!

By the way ... Great job on the compositing too. It seemed like you've been frustrated with that a lot lately, but these shots really turned out nice.

Normally, I'd close with "Have fun", but I'll wish something more valuable to you now....

Have sleep!

9. SamS

SamS Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Congrats Unclepain. Another Star Wars fan in the making, and you can never have enough. My three year old is big Star Wars fan, and can say the lines to the Phantom Menace along with the actors.

Cool "Teaser Trailer". Very funny and sweet.

10. coach24

coach24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    Absolutely excellent! Great job and congratulations.

11. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay! Congrats!

M. Scott

12. unclepain

Mar 6, 2002
    Thanks guys-
    Padawan Nick- yeah the keying has been pretty tough going and alot of my problems are because of my camera. Daft wanted to take a look at some original footage and try to key it. I sent him a 1 second clip with the background and he was able to get a pretty good key, but he said he was ready to pull his hair out at the end of the process. The lighting was nice and flat on the blue wall, but the artifacts were making it very difficult to key. Anyways, I'm on track for a GL2 in the next few months- hopefully that will make compositing a little more enjoyable to work on. I'm just not sure if the $2000 for the camera will give me $2000 worth of enjoyment. Man, this is an expensive hobby...

Later-
    Jeremy

13. unclepain

Mar 6, 2002
    OK- last post. (i hate double posting) but in case there are some of you who cannot view the On2 version, I have a Microsoft MPEG4 AVI version and a DIVX5 version available now.

MS MPEG4 version 6.5 megs
    DIVX5 version 5.9 megs

Later- Jeremy

14. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Fine piece of work you and your partner have produced (and the trailer's good too).

Oh, and great name for the little one as well. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.