Trailer: In-Depth Discussion

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by dehrian, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dehrian Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Here's your place to discuss the trailer if you've seen it. This is not a thread to ask for links or post caps. Discussion only. Any requests for PMs or E-mails, etc. will be removed.
  2. MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling

star 5
    This trailer is AMAZING

In Depth enough for you ?
  3. Dad_Vader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I gave in...
    watched it...

it will only make the real thing look that much better...
  4. green-boy Jedi Master

star 4
  5. DarthToeJam Jedi Master

star 4
    I have shown AMAZING control by not watching the trailer yet. Tonight will be special.
  6. darth_grievous1 Force Ghost

star 5
  7. MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling

star 5
    DarthToeJam the force is strong in you

< < < dark side all the way
  8. Great_Nemesis Jedi Knight

star 1
    A 3rd srailer thread?

Mysterious and disturbing this is, where to post and not to post hhmmm, meditate on this I will.
  9. green-boy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm very confused.

How so? :p
  10. RadagastTheBrown Jedi Knight

star 3
    Besides barely being able to see anything, it was gg.
  11. Balzuh Jedi Master

star 4
    I've only seen the lousy bootleg copies...haven't seen a clear one yet...
  12. RadagastTheBrown Jedi Knight

star 3
  13. Darth_Caine Jedi Master

star 3
    This long, strange sound after "are you threatening me, master jedi?" and the click... is this Sidious screaming or howling or what?
  14. Darth_Dean Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I will be back on the light side of the force soon.
  15. gabe Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Why do we need three threads on one trailer? I mean unlike last time, there's no request thread, all threads serve the same purpose, to discuss the trailer.
  16. darth_grievous1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I could have sworn the trailer was coming out later......
  17. SrWilson Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ive only seen it on that peru video leak that was about - it looks really good. I really look forward to seing it in perfect quality with english speech LOL.
    The question of the clicking when palps is thretened is the sound of his saber flying into his hand before he takes out those jedi masters.
  18. Darth_Caine Jedi Master

star 3
    I know, I was talking about that sound when he attacks them and the jedi try to hit him.
  19. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    I thought that dialouge between Palps and Anakin at the beggining was a bit weak.
  20. doctorjerkberg Jedi Knight

star 1
    One thing about the trailer struck me as rather odd is that Anakin, while the focus of the trailer (and the movie), is given very little to say.

Anakin has four short lines of dialogue:
    1. "Is it possible to learn these powers?"
    2. "That's treason"
    3. "What?"
    4. "Obi-Wan and the council don't trust me."

The rest of the trailer (dialogue-wise) is mainly made up of people talking to or about Anakin.

Mace says he doesn't trust him, Palpatine appointing him as his personal representative on the council, Palpatine coercing him to the darkside, Mace saying that he is not a master. The first third of the trailer seems conceptually to be Palpatine and Mace dueling for influence over Anakin. Then they show the actual confrontation, and we all know how that goes.

From there its more of Palpatine talking to Anakin (giving orders), then Obi-Wan and Yoda talking about what Anakin's done, and concludes with Obi-Wan screaming "You were the chosen one!" at Anakin.

It's just kind of odd that this promo is more made up of people discussing the main character than the character himself. I wish some Anakin duel dialogue had been included, but oh well. A picture speaks a thousand words and we see plenty of Anakin in the trailer, even if we don't hear him say much.

Great trailer.
  21. Disco1999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Palpatine speech/giving orders in the middle is chilling.

Sounds really familiar - like a turn on a famous war speech. I would be interested to know if there is a inspiration for it... and whether that inspiration is necessarily a 'baddie' or not (from our point of view)
  22. Force-Keeper Force Ghost

star 5
    Mace's "Oh Sh**" face when Palpatine charges him is classic. Awesome 30 seconds, can't wait for tonight.
  23. Darth_Love Jedi Master

star 3

A lot of cool cinematography that I wasn't expecting to see: push-ins, high angles, snap zooms. Kinda like what they did in the Battle of Geonosis in AOTC.

The one thing I really can't believe though, is the utter lack of establishing Greivous as a character that people will want to see! It really seems that they are starting to downplay him alot, after all the hype built up over the last year... weird.
  24. Darth_Punk Jedi Master

star 4
    Why do we need three threads on one trailer? I mean unlike last time, there's no request thread, all threads serve the same purpose, to discuss the trailer.

Its called Mod Hypocrisy [face_devil]
  25. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Still haven't seen it yet... I'm holding out for the Hyperspace version for awesome sound and better quality. But you know me, I like to take every shot and break it down in exquisite detail, so, "I'll be bach."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.