main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer: In-Depth Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by dehrian, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey...has the trailer been posted on the OS yet??

2. Peter_Skywalker

Peter_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2004
    OH MY GOD The Trailer!

THAT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!

3. Mark_of_the_Jedi

Mark_of_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2004
    Hey...has the trailer been posted on the OS yet??

No, in another 2 hours it will be though.

4. jollydwarf

jollydwarf Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    That is Grievous. I watched part of the trailer on DVR at 1/15th speed.

I still can't tell who that is surrounded in that bay by all of those Separatist droids. It also looks like there are other Jedi there.

Looks like that droid tank or whatever is about to go "Boom!" It took a few passes for me to realize that the Wookiees are putting an explosive on it.

I wonder if that Bail shot actually occurs in slow motion.

And finally (for now), was that just tricky editing or did Obi Wan's barely-concealed smirk show him actually kind of 'relishing' the Council denying Anakin "Master" status?

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I looked liked Obi-Wan was smirking to me.

6. Jedi_Interceptor

Jedi_Interceptor Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2005
    Seems like:

1) Yoda comes into the Senate holding room in between the two red guards (leaked picture)

2) Palpatine, still in his chair behind his desk, uses Force lightning to attack Yoda. (trailer)

3) Yoda isn't ready and gets hit (trailer)

4) Yoda gets slammed against the back wall and ends up on the floor (leaked picture)

7. Bobbob3

Bobbob3 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2005
    Did your tv mess up in the middle?

8. Tyrus-Cordana

Tyrus-Cordana Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    That trailer was UNBELIEVEABLE x 99999999999! The shot with Anakin and the clones marching into the Temple and hearing Sidious say: "Do what must be done"...WOW.

9. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    No, in another 2 hours it will be though.

thank you

10. Mark_of_the_Jedi

Dec 6, 2004
    thank you

No problem, I was just asking the same question myself here a few minutes ago.

I was hoping they made a mistake and it was 9 pm EASTERN time, but alas, it's PACIFIC.

Oh well, staying up until midnight's not gonna stop this avid fan. :D

11. Bobbob3

Bobbob3 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2005
    After the Tantive shot what happened i missed it.

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    A question. In the scene where a single Jedi was standing surrounded by droids and what looks like beings with double-sabers... was that Obi-Wan in the center or a Padawan? He looked small but it might just be the angle.

And were those beings dark Jedi?

13. Aetius

Aetius Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2003
    Its a great trailer. Maybe the best.

My only gripe was the lack of padme (did she even speak?) and the clonetrooper that gets blown up looks cgi in his movement.

14. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Obi-Wan was smirking. At Anakin's reaction to Mace denying him "Master" status. It's like "Here we go again."

On a different topic, it's clear from the trailer that Mace is not very trusting of Anakin's ability to stay on the Light Side or do a good job of spying on the Chancellor. It looks like of all the Jedi, Mace was wising up to the fact that Anakin was developing a friendship with someone that Mace and the Council were already mistrusting. It really is starting to seem to me that Mace was WISER than Yoda as far as what was going on - the dark side was having LESS of an effect on him than Yoda and the rest of the Council.

15. Lando_Jones

Lando_Jones Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2005
    The Hyperspace trailer won't be available for download will it? I'm not asking for a link or anything, I just remember only being able to WATCH trailers on Hyperspace...

16. Bobbob3

Bobbob3 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2005
    AFTER TANTIVE SHOT WHAT? My tv messed up after that

17. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    My only gripe was the lack of padme

That's a bad thing? :p

Palpatine's dialog just ruled that trailer.

18. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    WOW. That was a great trailer....

I swore I'd go (relatively) spoiler free this time....but I couldn't resist.

My favorite....I guess it's hard for me to figure out what my favorite is since I only saw it once, but I loved the 'feel' of the trailer. It just seems so...sinister and dark, like something's horrible's going to happen. The only part I didn't like was the ending....did anyone else think it was just...weird...how the last scene with Vader was just thrown in there?

Anyway, here are some stuff I loved:

1. Mace coming in with his 'men', ready to kick some booty! Haha, it just had that ass kickin' feel to it that Samual L. Jackson does so well.

2. Anakin marching in line ahead of the stormtroopers (?)

3. Yoda flying around in the Senate, is it?

4. Chancellor showing up with his lightsaber.

5. Obi-Wan yelling,'You were the Chosen One!'....I wish I hadn't heard that rumor b/c I would have loved to be surprised by it. Unfortunately, the delivery wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be, but maybe i'm just missing the context.

6. The DUEL, too bad they showed so little of it.

7. Anaking looking/doing evil stuff!

8. Palpy! How can I forget! I so wanted to see more of him in EPI, but we had to wait until EPIII to get more!!

What I was disappointed about:
    1. The music, I was expecting the Imperial theme to come around...I mean, this IS about the birth of Darth Vader, right?

2. So little Padme and all we see is of her in the background, looking like a damsel in distress, really gives impression all she does is sit and pout while the boys get to have the fun.

3. Did Palpatine look...fat....when he went all wrinkly?

4. They didn't show much of the duel. :(

Well, that's my initial in depth impression of the trailer....

19. Darth_Republican

Darth_Republican Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    I've watched it 5 times already. What is Obi-Wan holding his hands up at? Is that the Force push fight with Anakin?

Also, I don't remember seeing Grievous ANYWHERE - just his guards. Where is Grievous supposedly?

20. SwordsWoman

SwordsWoman Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    I was hoping to see more of Amidala, myself. But after that last shot of her, I was happy. Glad to see her showing some real emotion. I mean really strong emotion, not just simply sad, but crying like her world is about to come crashing down. If the rest of the scene is like that fraction of a second, then I can be optimistic again.

21. PrincessLeia222

PrincessLeia222 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    Dude, that was awesome. I loved the smirk, it made me cringe. And the temple shot made my skin crawl. Must go watch it again!!!!

22. The_Red_Baron

The_Red_Baron Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    I know its just one line, but Obi-Wan shouting "You were the chosen one!" at Anakin is the most emotionally driven piece of acting I've seen in the PT so far. You can actually feel his desparation and disappointment at the way things have turned out.

23. Mark_of_the_Jedi

Dec 6, 2004
    The Hyperspace trailer won't be available for download will it? I'm not asking for a link or anything, I just remember only being able to WATCH trailers on Hyperspace...

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think it's available for download. HS content, making it that much harder to distribute out for free yanno?

24. Bobbob3

Bobbob3 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2005
    Can anyone answer my question please

25. Green_Jedi33

Green_Jedi33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2004
    You can see GG exactly 1:00 into the trailer throwing a punch at OB1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.