main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer: In-Depth Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by dehrian, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    Okay, my mistake. The foot is there, it just blended in with Obi Wan's pants in the version I watched before, so it looked invisible. But you can just make out the colour difference on the official trailer.

This doesn't make me any less right about Obi Wan though ;)

2. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I see what you're saying...his ankle is dark.

3. Exar_Kuns_Apprentice

Exar_Kuns_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2003
    I havnt seen the trailer yet, but GL said the younglings actors had to practice fighting scenes, in the trailer is there any scenes of younglings fighting clones?

4. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    By the way, did anyone else notice Grevious is missing a foot?

What I heard is that Grievous is using the "missing" foot to grab Obi-Wan's ankle.

5. Taisho_of_Omaha

Taisho_of_Omaha Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2004
    The are no youngling fighting scenes in the trailer....I'm watching again to see if they show them at ALL....

Just confirmed NO sighting of a youngling in the trailer...

6. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    i loved the trailer, made me all happy and gave me some renewed faith in the series, however, i have to say i felt that the lines delivered by sids/palps were not his best, they felt kind of shaky and not delivered to the best of his ability as an actor, but hopefully in the context of that scene it will be an effective delivery, other then that loved the trailer seeing palps w/ that lightsaber sent chills down my spine

7. Taisho_of_Omaha

Jan 25, 2004

Question about the pilots....

At approximately 00:46 into the trailer they show a quick glance inside a cockpit as a fighter is explaoding. The pilot is a human wearing what looks like the Rebel X-Wing pilot helmet. Who would he be in RotS and which side is he fighting for?

After they show his fighter begin to explode they flash further out to a completely different scene of another fighter exploding with a clone pilot floating in the debris.

8. BothofUs

Nov 5, 2003
    clone fighting for the republic.

9. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Anakin is not whiney anymore... He is just... EVIL

10. Taisho_of_Omaha

Jan 25, 2004

BothofUs, thanks. Did not realize some clones were out of the Stormtrooperish armor.

11. OT_fan

OT_fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    I'm not sure if its been discussed but I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on what Obiwan is doing in one scene of the trailer. Its a close up of Obiwan and it looks like he's using his hand to do a force push or to block something. Then the scene switches to what appears to be a close up of his hand and someone elses hand facing each other.

Anyone know whats going on in this scene and who the other hand belongs to? Anakin? Its around the 2 minute mark, and I was incorrect; Its the close up of the hands first, then Obiwan doing what looks like a force push.

12. BothofUs

Nov 5, 2003
    NCT: look at 00:36 "We are at war Anakin."

Obi-Wan looks almost identical to the Yoda shot in the computer room except for a slight angle difference.

13. GoodEvening

GoodEvening Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    OT_fan, probaably Anakin.

14. Darkfalz

Nov 20, 2003
    It looks like a force push battle. They are probably on a narrow platform over a long drop or something, or maybe it's just a battle of egos.

You know what I think would be cool during the Palpatine fight where he takes out most of the Posse, for him to actually force block or hold back swings of the Jedi and then to just run them through. We haven't seen that before, have to assume it can be done.

15. yayo

yayo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 1999
    I just inspected that Obi-wan/Not Obi-wan scene with Yoda. I am leaning more towards it not being Ob-wan because of the outfit and neck features. But debate is fun.

16. BothofUs

Nov 5, 2003
    yayo

look at Obi-Wan at 00:36 and 01:48. Same clothes. The ears even look the same shape, people!

What else can I say.

17. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    G-FETT

But it's a pact with the devil. You're letting LFL have more control than copyright law actually gives them in exchange for LFL not asserting their copyright on other T.FN content. You've been put in the position of having to do whatever they say rather than having a more independent relationship such as that of a reporter covering a story. What kind of precedent is this setting?

18. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Wait what happened to Obi-Wan and Grevious's lightsbers?

19. Great_Nemesis

Great_Nemesis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2004
    Ok, just posted this somewhere else, but I will also post it here on a more "smart" forum. Scene 0.43 in Palpatine's Ante Chamber look at the lights on each side of the room and below it. There is a pattern of a sphere. Within the sphere is a dark circle / smaller darker sphere ( reactor core thing ) and verious lines coming out of it. Now, that doesn't sound much, but if you compared this pattern to that of the DT plane in the OT the resimblance is well...astonishing.

Also two patterns that look like Death Star and there were two Death Stars, vision of the future perhaps?

Also when Palps in Mace are dueling aparantly and you see Palps' hair all over the place, the back of his costume thing is 'out' more out than in previous scenes of him in same costume, intresting.

Also notice how he aparantly goes straight the Mace Windo first, getting him out of the room and in to the corridor, probably to striek the other 3 Jedi, then it's him and Mace for a bit.

Also when Sids says "every single Jedi is now..." well looking at teh background it's exactly like that of the scenes with Mace ( 01.33, 02.14 and 01.31 all have same background...intresting )

20. Darkfalz

Nov 20, 2003
    Okay, from looking at 00:36 I will conceed it is probably Obi Wan. It just didn't look like the robe at first.

I dunno if its the clothes or what but Ewan looks rather feminine from the back. In the scene where he is surrounded, I (and some others, from reading talkback) originally thought that was a youngling!

21. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Notice Kit, Agen, Saesee's reactions to palps jumping toward them. Agen and Saesee do nothing and Kit turns away.

22. Darthhelmut

Darthhelmut Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    OK I prolly watched the trailer 25 times so far, well last night I took my daughter to see Robots and it was like I have never seen it before it was unbelievable. It was so much better seeing it on the theater. I urge you all to go, the movie was ok but it didnt really matter because I didnt think of the movie until about 1/2 way through, because the trailer was on my mind the whole time.

23. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
  24. ome

ome Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2004
  25. Darth_Hermes

Darth_Hermes Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2005
    Dude, he's not missing a leg, if you look at his left leg the foot is connected by a thin bit of black metal, on the leg that you think is broken the black bit is just blended in to the background, download the 134 meg version to see it better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.