main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer: In-Depth Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by dehrian, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maralover

maralover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    1000, whooo!!!! i don't know, i havent even seen the thing

2. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    sorry... ignore this.

3. TarkinsonsDisease

TarkinsonsDisease Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Oh sweet nectar of the gods! OK, maybe thats a bit too far. lol. It was pretty damn good though. What I am wondering is at the very end of the trailer, right as it cuts to the credits, what is that pinging, beeping noise? It beeps three times and then it fades out. Does anyone have the slightest clue as to what this could be?

4. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    What I am wondering is at the very end of the trailer, right as it cuts to the credits, what is that pinging, beeping noise? It beeps three times and then it fades out. Does anyone have the slightest clue as to what this could be?

Many fans think this is the noise of the machines keeping Anakin alive while Sidious does his best Dr. Frankenstien impression.

5. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Maybe it's the sonogram of the twins in Padme's stomach before they are born.

BTW, that dirty look little Anakin gives Mace in TPM is matched only by the dirty look adult Anakin gives Mace when he's told the Council will not grant him the title of Master. Those two have always been at odds.

6. lvk1978

lvk1978 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 27, 2004
    I agree. That sound had the "wooshy" quality of sonograms. The only thing that's different is the fact that baby heartbeats are quite fast and these were decidedly slow. Who knows?

I suppose it could be Padmé, though. I could always hear me in the sonograms (or at least my abdominal artery) in the background. My artery going "whoosh" slowly and quietly in the background, my baby loud and fast in the foreground.

Could it be the sound of Padmé's heart actually breaking? :_| I am *so* going through a box of Kleenex® for this one!

7. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Those beeping sounds remind me of the probe droid in TESB, but I also think they may be the sound of the medical droids working on suited Vader. :)

8. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    And people on these boards have been saying that Lucas has lost it as a visual director...

I remember there being a lot of discussion, once we heard the first rumblings of the Yoda/Sids duel, of exactly where this battle of the Force would be staged. Popular location choices were Palpatine's office and the Jedi Temple.

But Lucas is a genius.

By having it set in the Senate Chamber, we get this fantastic visual metaphor of Palpatine using the Senate - the very thing that the Jedi swore to protect - to DESTROY the Jedi. And at the same time he is destroying the Senate itself without their knowledge.

Brilliant.

-JR :)

9. LeGoWaRs

LeGoWaRs Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Um... How much more in Depth can you Get! Honestly lock this Thread Up already.

10. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    You obviously aren't aware of how In-Depth we fans on this board get. We will discuss this trailer until nobody wants to talk about it anymore. Stop being an 05'er.

11. Wenis

Wenis Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2001
    In regards to the 1:52 shot - there's no way that's Obi Wan. There is no beard, and that is the neck and shoulder line of a woman. So it's not a child either. It's a woman.

12. Jedi_in_Love

Jedi_in_Love Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2005
    I don't know if this has been bought up in this thread before or not sorry if it has . I last posted back on page 10 of this thread , I was thinking of one of the spoilers we had weeks ago link=http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/18468471/p1/link that the clones would be dressed in robes at the jedi temple . From the scene of Anakin and the clones in the trailer they aren't so does this spoiler not ring true anymore. Do you think it is later on?

13. Papa_Padawan

Papa_Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    I don't know if this has been said before because I haven't read all the thread, but here I go:

If you pay attention to the shot where a clone pilot is caught by a tri-fighter (aprox. second 46), you can see in his cockpit that the ARC-fighter uses the same radar that the TIE-fighters used in ANH. I can assure this because on the radar there is a TRI-fighter's shape and those eight lines that surrounded Luke's X-wing in ANH.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Can we try to keep trailer discussion to this thread please guys. :)

15. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    that the clones would be dressed in robes at the jedi temple . From the scene of Anakin and the clones in the trailer they aren't so does this spoiler not ring true anymore. Do you think it is later on?

No that was just two clonetroopers - after the raid, to make it seem all was well for any Jedi returning to the temple, as per the "Jedi beacon" trap that Ani sets.

16. JEDI-NEMO

JEDI-NEMO Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2004
    Peeking in to say: Great Trailer! Looking foward to seeing ROTS full fruitation, so it did it's job.

I fear, though, history may repeat itself, as I'm sure somebody has already said; "we all thought past trailers were great, but...[place your movie review of TPM/AOTC here]". This could either be a bad omen or even better for the more faithful.

Anyways, back to the trailer. Due to laziness, I won't go through every post, forgive me. What are those HUGE big rigs with wheels in battle (that made me do an Keanu "Whoa")shown right after Force Push Stalmate?

AGREED: Palpy is a nasty ol bugger isn't he :D
    DISAGREED: The Clones in the Gunner Station - I guess this would be a whole other topic on -- Why these films may be too CG with comparison to OT.

OH well, I've said too much already. See you in line!

17. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    What are those HUGE big rigs with wheels in battle (that made me do an Keanu "Whoa")shown right after Force Push Stalmate?

Those are called Juggernauts and they are an abandoned idea from ESB. They are from the Republic.

18. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    I see a fuzzy beard.

I never noticed until the ESB DVD that Yoda is not clean shaven. He does have a fuzzy mustache, by then anyway. Qui-Gon used to take his razor and pretend it was a radio.

19. JEDI-NEMO

JEDI-NEMO Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2004
    Ah! So that's what Jugs are. Outstanding, thankyou Bothofus :cool:

20. l33tn00b

l33tn00b Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    why is obi smiling during the force block?

and the pings at the end gave me chills folr some reason

21. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    ^^ he isn't smiling!

look at it again.

22. deniro

deniro Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2005
    the only thing i am disappointed with is that you only see grievous for like a second, i would have liked to of seen abit more of him

23. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    we didn't see Dooku either, but it will still be cool.

24. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    just seen it in england on T4. *wow* i was wondering, what are those mon calamari water ball thingys? i mean i saw them but what are they and why are they there?

thanks woodlebert

and in reply to the above message ^^ we did see dooku (i think) for about a second in the anakin-dooku duel

25. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    woodlebert1 posted on 3/13/05 8:10am
    just seen it in england on T4. *wow* i was wondering, what are those mon calamari water ball thingys? i mean i saw them but what are they and why are they there?

thanks woodlebert
    [hr][/blockquote]

thats during a performance of the Mon calamari ballet school that palps *and anakin as his guest" attend on coruscant..which appears to be when palps goes into full "dont trust the jedi" mode with anakin

26. Blueharvester

Blueharvester Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    they are there to amuse the elite of Coruscant. it's the opera man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.