main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer: In-Depth Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by dehrian, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kapitul

Kapitul Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    "Your fears are coming true."

"Fear is the path to the darkside, so youre gonna be a Sith when the film comes out. 5 minutes give or take."

Although, less (helmeted) Vader is probably more. Given the record of the prequel dialog, it may be better that he's not in the movie too much. I'd hate to tortured with some stupid line...

2. LordKenevil

LordKenevil Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I thought the trailer was awesome. Regardless of the amount of lines Anakin said, I think the mere expressions on his face spoke thousands of words. Also, Kenobi's line,,,"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!",,,I felt alot of hurt was in that line. It was almost heartbreaking. Can you imagine fighting your best friend to the death? I think this movie is going to have a lot of heartbreak in it. My senses are leading me to believe this will be just as good as ESB or better. Did you also hear the final fight is 12 minutes long and it does not break to go to another fight scene,,,it's 12 straight minutes of Skywalker v. Kenobi. I also heard that when Palpatine fights Mace, Palpatine shoots the lightning at Mace and he blocks it with his lightsaber and while this is happening, Palpatine's face ages in seconds which gives him the face you recognize in ROTJ. See ya.

3. EvilSkillZ

EvilSkillZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I have to comment on the trailer again after just getting my fix...

This is the best trailer I've ever seen and its because of it making you feel the chills of knowing the saga you love is finally coming to an end at its most emotional state....

Right when Palpatine says "Every Jedi is now an enemy of the republic" to when Obi-Wan says "you were the chosen one"...you feel your hair going up on your whole body during that whole last sequence. There is no words to describe it really.

Its like seeing exactly what we have waited so long to see at such an emotional level. The only thing that reminds me of this is the end of ESB and the end of ROTJ. Nothing else really compares. This movie might be more emotional and thought provoking than those were because there is going to be so many great moments. And dark,evil, twisted moments which are always the moments that last with you.

If Lucas gets the emotion right, which it looks like he has, this is exactly what we wanted guys. This is as good as it gets.

What I think makes this movie so emotionally good is because we all Love Vader. And Vader is a character that was so myseterious and one of the most popular in cinema history. And you are seeing the story that was only talked about breifly. And you are seeing exactly how an evil man becomes evil. Through the same choices that Luke had 20 something years earlier(in our time). And how can any story in movie history compare to that? It can't, and that is why this movie puts itself into a whole new class of emotion and hair raising abilities. It truly could be a masterpiece.

4. Darth_Binks1983

Darth_Binks1983 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Question, I was wondering, at 1 minute and 26 seconds, you see a shot of Obi-Wan dodging blows from a robot, my question is, is that Grevious? Also, is that Grevious without the mask?

Can I post images from the trailer yet, so you people can see what I am talking about, then you will be able to understand better what i am asking.

EDIT: Just so you know, I am by now means a newb, the reason I am no an 05'er is because I made the mistake of posting an image from the trailer, earlier today, at about 12:30am on my now banned screen name, which I had since 03, so I am by no means a newb.

5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes, that's Grievous. And it looks like he still has his mask on.

6. Kruhn

Kruhn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    I don't think this has been addressed, but I am not going to peruse all of the 43 pages. I checked the last seven or eight. My first reaction on the trailer was ecstatic. I had to remember to breathe when I saw it. If the trailer is just a foretaste of things to come, then ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be one hell of a ride.

I haven't seen this issue raised, so I'll do it. Have you noticed at the very beginning of the trailer, when the Theta-class shuttle flies towards the viewer and then turns towards Coruscant? I noticed that the dorsal pylon/airfoil (the tail) looked as if it was sheared off from the fuselage. Could it be that in the expected force scream Vader shears the shuttle's dorsal pylon? Perhaps the Tivo owners can freeze frame it and analyze it in detail.

7. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    That's the way it's supposed to be. The dorsal wing is shorter than the other two

8. Nub_Nub

Nub_Nub Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    I watched the GMTV showing of the trailer in the UK, and it doesn't appear to show about 10 seconds of the trailer. The bits I know are missing are these:

01:17 - Grevious' ship flies away from Utapau.
    01:19 - A smoking Capital ship begins to crash?
    01:21 - Bail Organa takes cover behind his speeder, yelling at someone off-camera as blue blaster fire is seen overhead.
    01:22 - Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter flies towards a sinkhole on Utapau.
    01:23 - Anakin hangs from a ledge in an elevator shaft.
    01:25 - The lava planet of Mustafar.
    01:26 - Grevious swings a right hook at Obi-Wan on Utapau.
    01:27 - Wookiees jump off a moving vehicle in the
    waters on Kashyyyk.

Anyone else who saw the GMTV showing spot this (or not as the case may be)? If so, why were they missing? Isn't it a global trailer?

9. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Its sweet living in the US

10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yes, I noticed that. GMTV cut out the drum sequences for some reason! :(

Just a quick heads up to say that the trailer is now downloading to non Hypersapce users on the OS. So, if anybody wants to post pics, etc.... It's now fine. :)

11. Darth_Insanity

Darth_Insanity Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 4, 2000
    Trailer looked fantastic from the 1 viewing i've had thus far.My only minor criticism is the 'coloured' Stormtroopers - from the brief glimpses in the trailer, i thought they looked *****! Other than that - brilliant stuff!

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I just saw it. Wicked stuff.:eek: =D= Well done George.

13. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Can we post links to the trailer now? and can we request codes again? :p

(someone should remove that scary warning at the top saying anyone posting links will be banned ;))

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I guess they should, considering that the trailer is out now, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

15. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yes, the warning can go now. Unfortunatly only admin can remove admin threads, so we've got to wait until Sape arrives. :)

16. Kruhn

Kruhn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    That's the way it's supposed to be. The dorsal wing is shorter than the other two.

But I noticed that it looked sheared off. Can you confirm that dehrian, or am I seeing things?

17. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    In the Bail shot we see smoke in the background. Is he at the Temple right after Anakin has destroyed it?

18. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Does anyone know a site where I can download the Theatrical Trailer besides the OS. I mean download onto your computer.

JH505

19. Dropkick

Dropkick Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    In the quick clip of Obi-Wan surrounded by a hundred droids, is Grevious there in between his bodyguards? It looks like him, with two bodyguards on each side of him.

20. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I love that shot of Obi-wan surrounded by droids on Utapau. You certainly can see Grievous with his Magna guards and their electrostaves ready to rumble. :) It's a great shot and I still cannot believe the pristine quality the CGI carries. Amazing!

21. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Dropkick posted on 3/14/05 11:21am
    In the quick clip of Obi-Wan surrounded by a hundred droids, is Grevious there in between his bodyguards? It looks like him, with two bodyguards on each side of him.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Yes, that is Grievous.

So, who else thinks Bail is at the Temple when he screams [i]"Nooo"[/i]?

22. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    He's either at the temple or he's at the Senate building trying to get Yoda out of a "problematic situation".

23. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    coolest. picture. ever.
    [image=http://photos1.blogger.com/img/179/3636/640/ani.jpg]

24. crumbsalicious

crumbsalicious Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004

The trailer was very well done, glad to see Lucas making use of the OT music (finally). The only thing i didnt like about the trailer which gets me everytime is the way in which Ian (a great actor) speaks the opening lines, its long, way over the top and most unnatural.Who talks like that? Other than that its exceptionally well done.

25. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    Also look how creepy it is as they march over the cross

[image=http://photos1.blogger.com/img/179/3636/640/jkhbgikh002408.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.