Trailer: Initial Reaction

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by BobTheGoon, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Holy freakin crap that trailer was awesome!
  2. Jedi_Master_Tiin Jedi Padawan

One of my favorite scenes is Bail screaming in the rain. It's powerful.
  3. Death-Vader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Can someone help me out with saving this bad boy? I know how to do it but it's not working. I'm sure you have to add something to the URL or something?
  4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anyone think that the camera following the Force lightning towards Yoda look a bit non-Star Warsy? Also, the shot with the spacecraft blowing up and the camera following the destruction past the POV looks like something that you wouldn't really see in a Star Wars film. Interesting choices, all...

No matter. This film will own all. :D

**Back to lurking**
  5. orn-free-tada Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    isnt it cool how everyone seems to be loving it
  6. Jedi_Master_Tiin Jedi Padawan

The jerky camera action is what's used in battlestar galactica alot. true, its new to star wars, but i think it give it a cool feel. almost like there's a camera man floating out in space trying to catch all the action, instead of a perfect camera pan through a battle scene.
  7. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Jedi_Commander_Faofa posted on 3/11/05 12:26pm

No matter. This film will own all. :D

**Back to lurking**

/>

I definitely agree. There are tons of camera moves just in that trailer that I've never seen in a Star Wars film. I wonder if that Luca's decision or ILMs influence.../>/>
  8. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like the camera moves. I think they're great. It looks good, which is really all that matters. I'm happy to see such energetic directing.
  9. DESERTJEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    All I can say is after watching it 20 times that this is the star wars we have been waiting for.

The part where palpatine leaps at mace and the others, the sound it made gave me goose bumps. That hasn't happened in a while.
  10. OT_fan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love the POV shots! The look on Yoda's face as the lightning comes at him and the shot of the destroyed fighter with the debris and the clonetrooper flying past the camera. Awesome!

I agree with what others have said about the trailer and the whole movie - this is Ian's film. Palps/Sids has got to go down as one of the greatest movie villans of all time after this movie comes out.

"Are you threatning me, Master Jedi?" is going to be a line I use in everyday life whenever I can! :)

EDIT - I also love those giant cannons on the capital ship that are blasting at each other as they pass. Just like a space version of two pirate ships battling it out. Wonderful! I'm in a state of giddy glee!

11. LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling

star 5
    "When Palps Attacks" in both cases, rules.

That is the man who may save this one for me. My brother said the same thing.

EDIT : I also liked the tight corridor duel shot tipping the hat to TESB.
  12. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
    You can see Pablo Jill sitting on the council in the scene where Anakin is NOT decared Master.
  13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    All I can say is after watching it 20 times that this is the star wars we have been waiting for.

Amen.

The part where palpatine leaps at mace and the others, the sound it made gave me goose bumps. That hasn't happened in a while.

Surprised me as well. Loved how Windu walked in the room all bad. This role will definitely be up there with his role of Jules in Pulp Fiction.

I wonder if that Lucas's decision or ILMs influence...

Don't know. It's a collaboration of the two I bet. It's been said before, Lucas is giving it his all for this last huzzah.

The jerky camera action is what's used in battlestar galactica alot. true, its new to star wars, but i think it give it a cool feel. almost like there's a camera man floating out in space trying to catch all the action, instead of a perfect camera pan through a battle scene.

It will definitely be different, might take some getting used to for some Star Wars fans. Didn't Lucas say that the space battle made him dizzy? I think it will all work great though. From what we saw in the trailer, the space battle over Coruscant will live up to it's hype.

The Force lightning aimed toward Yoda clip kind of reminded me of the Matrix a bit. I think I remember someone, whether it be Lucas, McCallum, or someone else at LFL, saying that they experimented with bullet-time in TPM and such, but they thought it just wasn't Star Wars with it, it was too different.
    Maybe they have changed their minds about the camera angles... Hmm.

Also, great to see the Juggernauts in action. I've always wanted to see those.

About a half-second of Grievous... I think Lucas is definitely keeping this character a secret from non-Star Wars fanatics. I think he may want to surprise us with this guy.

I just can't wait!! :D

**Back to... screw it, I'm not lurking anymore. ;) **
  14. severian28 Force Ghost

star 5
    Anakin swinging his saber with only one arm gave me the chills.
  15. LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling

star 5
  16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I also love those giant cannons on the capital ship that are blasting at each other as they pass. Just like a space version of two pirate ships battling it out.

Good comparison!
  17. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Bob the Goon
    I wonder if that Luca's decision or ILMs influence...

Well, Lucas certainly gave his approval of it.

I'm not bothered by those camera moves at all. I loved the shot of the big battleshipship falling towards..I guess Coruscant.

Was that the Invisible Hand?
  18. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Does anyone think that the camera following the Force lightning towards Yoda look a bit non-Star Warsy?

No because we saw it in AOTC with the Jango's rocket's that were shot at Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter and if 'm not mistake a Rocket during the battle on Geonosis.

Keep them coming and I'll find an example used in another SW film.

19. G-FETT Force Ghost

star 7
    I haven't caught Bail Organa yet in this trailer. Where abours (roughly) is he? :)
  20. Darth_Sefi Jedi Padawan

I'm not bothered by those camera moves at all. I loved the shot of the big battleshipship falling towards..I guess Coruscant.

Was that the Invisible Hand?

The Invisible Hand is the massive ship with "towers" sticking out on the top, and the bottom of the ship itself. It's also the one seen breaking apart into the atomsphere for a crash landing on Coruscant.

To answer your question, yes it is the Hand.
  21. LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I think the lightning is more Evil Dead
  22. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4
    G-FETT, during the drum beats
  23. Darth_Mimic Force Ghost

star 4
    Bail's near the end. You can hear him yell "Nooo!" during the drumming...

Oh, and this is the best movie trailer I have ever seen. I honestly say that with no hyperbole. Best trailer ever.
  24. clkbj Jedi Knight

star 1
    I taped it last night....watched it 10 or so times. Then I downloaded it off of Hyperspace once it was available and watched it another 50 or so times.

I'm spent....sleep now...

:)
  25. G-FETT Force Ghost

star 7
    Thanks guys. I'll have another look. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.