main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer: Initial Reaction

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by BobTheGoon, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazyDivey98

LazyDivey98 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Then, if you think about it, that means that peoples' worries about Hayden not being able to pull off the part actually had some foundation to them ("founded"), or, simply put, you feel that the trailer shows Hayden wasn't getting it right. Yet

That isn't even close to what NOClones said. He said the fears were founded because of AOTC but the trailor proved them wrong. I know this isn't my battle, but your response irritated me.

2. Ed-A_1978

Ed-A_1978 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    I've just seen the trailer, and I have only one thing to say:

FAKE!!!
    :p

3. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    Thrilling, thrilling, thrilling.

I'm watching it on Moviefone...Anakin looks SO anguished in almost every single shot.

Turning him to the darkside was like shooting fish in a barrel for Palpatine...

(edited to add:)Are you threatning me, Master Jedi?" is going to be a line I use in everyday life whenever I can
    I seem to remember a long time ago, in a Sydney studio far, far away, members of the film crew were reporting that Palpatine had a very quotable line in this film that the crew members were already having fun with by repeating a lot...could this be it? Sounds like.

4. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    Could be, but I'm thinking it might be something he says to Yoda. We don't know any of that dialogue yet, do we?

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    One of my friends just found a 1280x720 version of the trailer in high definition with 5.1 Dolby Digital sound [face_laugh][face_laugh]

6. DarthGreivous

DarthGreivous Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2004
    really??? can u please PM me and tell me the link pleassssseeeeee

7. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Same here Pooja. That's something I've got to check out. I bet that's ridiculous.

8. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Notice I said my friend has it. Not me. He's getting it from a private... place. I've seen the file though, and it does indeed exist.

9. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    *watches newest trailer*

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTEEEEE!!!!

NO-HO-HO!

:_|

10. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    Some have noted the new and interesting shots in the film. I notice this too. Lucas is moving his camera much more in this film it seems, and I like this alot.
    It's not distracting at all, it's simply very effective storytelling.

11. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Teaser trailer: okay

Theactrical trailer: awesome!!!

I'm totally hyped about episode III now. I am really really anxious to see Yoda and Palpatine fighting in the Senate building. Him throwing those pods at Yoda was awesome.

12. Master_Devwi

Master_Devwi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2004
    First things first, the ROTS Theatrical Trailer is awsome!

Second, I think that Obi-Wan says: "You were the Chosen One!", after Anakin falls into the lava. Obi-Wan looks like he's just had his best-friend "die" or something close to that. And the way he looks like he's looking at the ground (lava?) makes me also think that he says that line after Anakin dies. What do you think?

13. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I also suspect that Obi-Wan probably yells that "You were the chosen one" line after Anakin takes the lava bath. He looks so emotional in that part.

I'm sure that somebody else has mentioned this, but I'm not about to wade through 86 pages of posts. I found Hayden's delivery of the "Is it possible to learn this power?" (or something close to that) line particularly Vader-esque.

14. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    I will say this....

I have taken a very, very, very anti- Episode 3 stance. The reasoning that if I expect nothing but 100% pure crap from the movie and it turns out not to be as bad as expected, then I might actually not walk away feeling raped like the millions whom had their love of Star Wars destroyed by Episode 2.

I did not think GL could do worse then Episode 1 and he suprised the world be sinking even lower, so I won't hold my breath on this.

15. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I just saw the trailer for the first time on opening night of Robots and I can't believe I have to go to the second page to dig up this thread! :) I guess everything that needed to be said was said last night after The O.C. :confused:
    I was impressed with the trailer and enjoyed it very much. My brother didn't like it, but he doesn't like much of anything :confused:
    There were some amazing and moving shots :)

16. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    Fiiiiinally got to see the trailer and amidst the matter of my breath being taken away this one thought kept coursing through my mind: "In your face, bashers!"

This is the moment I've been waiting for since even a little before Episode I came out and it's shaping up to be everything anyone could hope for . . . and more.

17. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Do you have to have AOL to see the trailer on MovieFone? I have yet to see it, and I don't have AOL. :)

18. SithLord2457

SithLord2457 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    just from seeing that trailer, if i get condemned to hell i want to be sent to mustafar

19. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
  20. Yellowcard

Yellowcard Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
  21. Obi-Kris_Kenobi

Obi-Kris_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    I wanted to ask all, what do you think about the scene where a burst of lava falls on a platform, near the end of the trailer. I have the strong impression, that there is a human figure that can be seen for a split second. It can be that Anakin doesn't get a lava bath, but a lava shower... What do you think?

22. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    if you look in the hi-def version, its clear to see that is a cable suspension holding the bridge up. but a lot of people have thought the same thing, you're in good company

23. Obi-Kris_Kenobi

Obi-Kris_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    [Anakin] Is it possible to find this hi-def version? [/Anakin] ;)

24. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    I can't tell, it is illegal to post links in here. However, check your PM's for my own feelings on the HD capture.

25. grakogator

grakogator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2003
    In a word of Mcullum speach:AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everythings looking and sounding as it should be.

Novel and the soundtrack next then its the clear run to this beast of a film!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.