main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer: Initial Reaction

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by BobTheGoon, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRegal

JediMasterRegal Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2003
    Question...

What is the name of the music when the drums of the trailer come on. I don't remember hearing this music during the movies.

2. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    What is the name of the music when the drums of the trailer come on. I don't remember hearing this music during the movies.

It's not in the movies.

3. JediMasterRegal

Dec 26, 2003
    Well that makes sense. Where is it from. Just curious.

4. Blueharvester

Blueharvester Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    I think it was done by some of the sound designers at the ranch...don't think it was preexisting material.
    Maybe it's by good'ole Burtt.

"Well I went to the high-school auditorium of my son and rented the biggest drum of the local big band and recorded the sound whilst simultanously stomping on the wood planks on stage."

5. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    If you doubted Palpatine's fighting styles, his attack against the 4 Jedi is simply Amazing.

6. JediMasterRegal

Dec 26, 2003
    I guess it could be sound design.

From the last post.

I can't wait to see Palpatine in full action. Just having him advance on four Jedi Masters is brave enough and shows that he is the Master of all evil. Now we will truly see a Sith Lord and Master in action.

7. insider-geek

insider-geek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2005
    Palps will just be too quick on the uptake.

8. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Seen the trailer 2twice and when Palpatine jumps to attack he makes the sound of a demon WAGRRRRR

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I saw the trailer about 50 times.

10. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I posted waaaayy back on page 31 that the trailer was awesome. ;) It still is. But...

What's the big gush over Anakin marching into...wherever that is? (I'm not as spoiled this time, so if you guys know for a fact it's the Jedi Temple that's cool.) I mean, so he's walking in there with some troops. That does not compare in the slightest to Palpatine jumping 4 Jedi and going head-to-head against Yoda!

And I have a hard time believing those clone troops are a big threat against all the Jedi in the temple. Unless I'm missing major plot points (such as...most of them are gone or dead?). Sure Anakin's going in, but could even he take on a whole slew of Jedi Masters?

11. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I assume Vader is marching into the Jedi temple.

And he may have quite a few troops with him. Most Jedi are probably off fighting somewhere.

12. SithHistorian

SithHistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    Ironically i was terrified and paranoid when i seen the trailer.

SithHistorian

13. lvk1978

lvk1978 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 27, 2004
    Took my 6-year-old son to see Robots and the RotS trailer...

It was absolutely freakin' amazing. I'll admit to tearing up hearing Obi-Wan's "You were the Chosen One" line. Lots of little kids in the theater who had previously been laughing out loud at some of the other previews went absolutely silent during the RotS one.

My kid? Ooohing and aaahing over General Grievous. He promised to be "really, really" good next week so I would buy him the action figure that we had just seen at Wal-Mart. I was so proud of him...naming all the characters. <single tear>

The one thing that stands out (other than the Obi-Wan line)? That overhead shot of Darthikin leading the troops into the temple (?). That was gorgeous.

14. crumbsalicious

crumbsalicious Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004

The opening lies that Ian Mc speak are lame really lame. Its way to slow and way to over the top. I mean who speaks like that?

15. Emperor_Dantius

Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2005
    I think I watched the trailer about 30 times, and now I'll watch it for the 31st time...

16. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    The opening lies that Ian Mc speak are lame really lame. Its way to slow and way to over the top. I mean who speaks like that?

Who speaks like that? A character named Palpatine in Star Wars.

Remember, this is the guy who will be the Emperor in ROTJ. If you will notice, during the Throne Room scenes on Death Star 2 in ROTJ, he often talks slowly "You...want....this?", "the hate is swelling in you now." He also talks with very clear enunciation in that opening scene of the trailer which he also does in ROTJ, such as "and the end of your insignificant rebellion." Ian McDiarmid is matching his earlier performance of the character so that it will all flow together when you watch the entire saga.

What's the big gush over Anakin marching into...wherever that is? (I'm not as spoiled this time, so if you guys know for a fact it's the Jedi Temple that's cool.)

And by the way, notice the way Hayden marches into the Jedi Temple backed by the Clonetroopers...he's not in the suit yet, but he's walking EXACTLY like Vader. :)

17. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Palpatine feels good by tempting Anakin giving a slow and clear explanation of the dark side.

18. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Who speaks like that? It's the SW universe not Chicago. That's like asking who would put val kilmer from the lame willow movie as his icon, oh wait, sorry.

19. DarthGreivous

DarthGreivous Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2004
    Has anyone got a high res version of the trailer, with none of the O.C stuff before it, and not a trailer thats a torrent or needs a codec, pleasssssseeeee PM me!!!!! thank you. :D:D:D:D ROTS OWNS!!!!!!!!

20. Jedi_pain11

Jedi_pain11 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Freeking awesome. I have waited for a very long time for this and even though I have been spoiled since day one I was amazed

21. runoutgroove

runoutgroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2000
    haven't read every page on this thread so apologies for repetition. i guess these are thoughts on the trailer and the resulting expectations for the film.

things i liked.

Except for the opening line that did seem very slow (i would have thought that even just a slight pause before 'unnatural' would have been the go) all Sid's dialogue was great, especially 'not from a jedi'.

The sids v. mace & crew fight is shaping up as the highlight for me, from THAT line to the lunge at the jedi to the scene with sids & mace outside - all look great.

Also loved the scene with anakin being appointed to the council but not as master, the look OB1 gives mace is priceless.

The space battle looked amazing.

I'm still reserving judgement on the vader v. OB1 duel, i was pleased to see there were a few scenes in close quarters rather than all in the overly dramatic volcanic landscape. i thought the exchange in the small, ESB-ish corridor was better than any of the other shots - with their sabers sparking off the walls. I thought that the swinging cable shot was a little over the top. The drama in this duel (for me anyway) will come from the dialogue and music much more so than the speed or skill of the action or the backdrop.

I'm not convinced on the Kashyyyk shots, technically they look great but that is one part of the movie I'm not as interested in (compared to other aspects). looks like it will be some bonus eye candy - i may try to keep spoiler free on the Kashyyyk details from here on in.

a couple of little observations...

the GG v. OB1 shot remided me of the Indy v. German mechanic fight from Raiders of the lost ark.

the wookie-mobile reminded me a lot of the old Kenner toy from ROTJ, i think it was called the Endor Troop carrier. It was one of the 'mini-rig' toys made of vehicles not featured in the movie. nice recycling.

EDIT: sorry two more things.

The shot of 3PO looked absolutely beautiful.

Did Vader ever fold his arms in the OT? I though it was always hands on hips or behind his back. Maybe just a mirror of Maul in TPM?

22. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm still reserving judgement on the vader v. OB1 duel, i was pleased to see there were a few scenes in close quarters rather than all in the overly dramatic volcanic landscape. i thought the exchange in the small, ESB-ish corridor was better than any of the other shots - with their sabers sparking off the walls. I thought that the swinging cable shot was a little over the top. The drama in this duel (for me anyway) will come from the dialogue and music much more so than the speed or skill of the action or the backdrop.

Yeah, I hope that at least half the duel is in corridors and areas other than the major lava backdrops. Something about it takes away from the saber action a bit. The swinging cable section of the duel is definately up in the air as to how well it comes off. I wonder how they're going to take time out to get set up on the cables to go at eachother.

23. Darman

Darman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Did Vader ever fold his arms in the OT? I though it was always hands on hips or behind his back. Maybe just a mirror of Maul in TPM?

Thank you. I'm glad someone else noticed this was odd.

Other than that, holy cow.

24. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    RIght now, what it reminds me of is Jake doing it just like that in TPM. When Watto tells him Qui-Gon's a "Foolish one", I think. And that was supposed to be a bit of a Vaderism. But can't picture where Vader does it in the OT at the moment.

25. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    first day back guys. OMG i dont know what to say. I seen the trailer 40 times or more and I cant get enough of it. im speechless! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.