main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Trailer of Unknown Origin

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

http://www.ratonet.net/Trailer.mov

Check it out if you are not avoiding spoilers. Otherwise, this isn't the trailer you are looking for.

I don't know if this is a fan creation or a late stage animatic for a trailer. The graphics are not final by any means, but there are many things we have not seen in any other trailer in here.

Watch at your own risk.

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I am going to have to go with fan made. while there is some legit spoiler footage the majority is spliced from other sources. I will run a list of what I found to be false/wrong.

Warning, this will contain spoilers !!!!!

the style is right for lucas. the opening shots with anakin just arent lucas, 2 shots of young ani and 2 shots of teen ani. i dont think so.

the backgrounds are not right when compared to the spoilers I have seen.

The clones dont blow up the jedi temple, it is simply purged of it occupants. plus THE WHOLE temple was added on to the ROTJ ending.
    the ships dont have engine light and lack the majority of detail.

the blaster sounds are wrong in the space battle portion.

mace windu is never that calm in palpy's office, plus the lighting is wrong. he has a huge shine on his dome.and he never fight palpy in that office.

same compliaint with the ships and that looks like they fly over socal.

greavious looks like a fan animation, plus he is never in an area that looks like that. its either a ship or and open area.

the two jedi fighting for their lives is actully from the actors used in the arena fighting. there are next to no adult jedi left at the temple during the purge.

I have yet to see any escape pods crashing into a swamp, let alone hearing of a swamp in ROTS.

the ship that blows up. umm ,it looks like the death star blowing up.

ani and obi fighting lacks the emoption in the real fight. i think that is them practicing.

My $.02

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Oh, it's definately cobbled together from bits and pieces here and there. As for the graphics quality, they often use lower quality graphics to put together animatics before final renders. They use low poly models as stand ins for the quality stuff.

If you watch carefully, GG's sabers are SQUARE TIPPED! I don't think that ILM would be that lazy even in a pre-render.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.