main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Trailer Scene that I missed or did not happen

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by swooshjr, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swooshjr

swooshjr Jedi Padawan

Dec 6, 2014
    In the second trailer Maz hands Lukes Saber to a person(Female), I don't recall that scene in the movie. I have seen it twice now. It's at the 54 second mark. In the movie she tries to hand it to Rey, but Fin takes it.

That is Maz hand, I am puzzled about this and why the change, or is this a future shot scene? Does Maz try and give the Saber to Leigh?

2. Atte

Atte Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Maz gives the saber to Leia in that teaser. Looks like the control room at the Resistance Base. Someone speculated that this shows the movie is "rushed" and key scenes were changed between that teaser and the movie we saw.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's really because maz was going to tag along but there was no reason for her to be there. they streamlined it so that she wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing.

4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't understand why that means it was rushed? I'm sure plenty of films get changed once they have a first run through of the movie. If they feel things don't work or need to be streamlined then they get cut or they do some pick up shots. Thats normal practice.

5. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    They cut quite a bit out of this movie. If the leaked shooting schedule is accurate, LOTS of stuff was cut. Maz was heavily cut, as was the final battle. It makes no sense for the entire attack force to be 12 x wings, and I believe there was supposed to be a sequence with the resistance fleet engaging the Star Destroyers and TIEs over Starkiller to give cover for the x wings. Also a scene in the Republic Senate that would have made the political postion of the galaxy a lot clearer and give more weight to the destruction of the capitol, was cut. If they were going to cut stuff it should have been the Rathtar sequence and half of the Falcon's Jakku escape.

ukijedi likes this.
  6. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Yeah man. Here's hoping for an extended blu-Ray edition. ;)

7. swooshjr

swooshjr Jedi Padawan

Dec 6, 2014
    Thanks, I found just the picture, I remember there being a lot of speculation about this scene, I was so waiting for it, LOL It never happen

[​IMG]

8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Its all subjective to each of us as to how the cut scenes would have worked in the grand scheme of things. The same applies to all the footage cut from the other SW films too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.