main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Training Days" - 2010 Dare Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Title: Training Days
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Timeframe: early New Republic
    Genre: humour, clinical insanity
    Characters: Wes, Hobbie, OCs
    Summary: A NRDF trainee experiences training officers Wes and Hobbie?s new way of sorting the pilots with potential from the ones without it and she?s not happy with their very unusual tactics.
    Notes: This is written for the ?I Dare You? challenge. This didn?t exactly come out the way I planned, but there you go. ;)

I dare you to write a story about Wes and Hobbie during their days as training officers for the New Republic military. This fic must have:

1. Use the title 'Training Days'
    2. Involve a group of trainees awaiting their first day of training.
    3. Be a group with a lot of memorable quirks. What they are, I'll leave it up to you.
    4. Involve a prank.
    5. Someone ends up with a pie in the face in the end.

[b][blockquote]Training Days[/blockquote][/b]

[i]NEW REPUBLIC DEFENSE FLEET
    INQUIRY: incident at training session
    SUBJECT: Jorge, Denali. Human female. Age 20. Homeworld: Coruscant.
    Computer on. Recording.[/i]

My name is Denali Jorge, and I am an ex-trainee.

No, I have never been and will never be a train. That is not what I said. Are you delusional, by any chance? Delusional fly boy? Oh, so you think I babble too much. Okay, yeah, I get that. Sometimes I do talk too much ? I open my mouth and words come flying out, somewhat uncontrolled. Not my fault, I can?t help it. My mom always said that I talked too much. She told me once that I was born talking.

No, I am not trying to talk my way out of jail! What is it with all you officers these days?

Start from the beginning? Okay, okay, fine? ugh. You always make it so obscenely complicated. Can?t I start with the end?

No?

All right, fine! To the beginning we go.

My name is Denali Jorge and I ?

Pfft. FINE! You guys are really uptight. I wonder how Janson got through your screening process? or do you even have screening processes anymore? Or does everyone who fought the Empire get a free pass? If so, why don?t you give some to the Ewoks, I?m sure they?d help the military oh-so-much, they did a great job at Endor? not to mention Janson would have a field day.

Am I babbling again? Oops. [i]So[/i] sorry, officer, I can?t help it. Maybe you?ll have to arrest my mouth for talking out of turn.

Yes, I know you can?t interview a mouth. Where?s your sense of imagination?

MY NAME IS DENALI JORGE AND I AM AN EX-TRAINEE. NO, YOU ASKED ME TO GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING, SO HERE I AM, GOING BACK TO THE BEGINNING. LET ME CONTINUE, WILL YOU? Unless you enjoy continually going back to the beginning ? oh, sithspit. Whatever. I give up.

I came to train with the NRDF three months ago. I wanted to be a fighter pilot. Besides talking my mouth out when I was little, I wanted to fly around the stars. I wanted to go places, and if I could help protect my friends and family ? yadda yadda yadda, this is so classic fighter pilot syndrome I?m almost ashamed of myself ? and fly at the same time, why not? That?s how I got to be here. I passed my exams. I got to that first day of training, ahead of everyone else in my class. I was golden. I was free. I was going to do the best I could, which was going to be the best. I was going to be a celebrated fighter pilot ?

Okay, okay, I?ll get on with it. I did warn you multiple times that I talk to much. Is there a problem beyond that, officer?

Oh, you think I?m telling a story. Well guess what, laser brains, I AM telling you a story because you just asked me, ?What happened?? Well, I?m telling you what happened and I?ll do it anyway I please. So there.

Okay, so it?s my first day. I cut my really, really Princess Leia-challenging long hair the day before. Made it really short so I wouldn?t get a bad case of helmet hear, see? And it?s not all about vanity ? you try seeing when you?ve got hair that?s almost down to your knees. If it gets in your face, it [i]really[/i] gets in your face. But it?s also a pride thing, see, ?c

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    It?s called the Insanity Test. If you pass, you?re clinically insane and you?re accepted. If you don?t pass, you?re sane and you can go home.?
    Janson must have passed with flying colors. :p

[face_laugh] That was very amusing.

=D=

3. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
  4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    lol @ Felsgoddess. agreed.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

OK, this is got to be the most unusual dare! :)

[face_laugh]

6. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    ROFL![face_laugh][face_laugh] This is so great!:p

7. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Poor girl. [face_laugh] She's probably thinking the galaxy was better off when Palpatine was still in charge! :^)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]that was an insane dare[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Great response=D=

9. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    LOL! That was good! =D= Very funny!

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    That... was insane.

Congratulations, you pass the test. [face_laugh]

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    FelsGoddess
    I believe anything Janson does would pass the Insanity Test. :p

MiralukaJedi
    [face_laugh] Yay! Glad you're laughing. :D

SilSolo
    Yep. Me, too. :p All hail the insanity of Janson. :p

Jade_eyes
    Oh, but it was a fun one. ;) Unusual and fun are always... fun. 8-}

GeneralKenobi7
    Thanks! :D

PonyTricks
    I have a small, sneaking suspicion that Denali would think that. :p

earlybird-obi-wan
    Well, there is this thing called the Insanity Test. ;)

HelloKelly
    Thanks! Glad you found it so. :)

Alexis_Wingstar
    Yay! I've always wanted to pass the insanity test. ;) 8-}

Thanks for reading (and laughing), everyone! :)

12. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I love that the test says more about who passes than who fails. I almost feel sorry for Denali having no idea what she's about to be up against, but they're right. If you can't pass the test, you don't belong. She really should have known better. :p

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ?What Ewok??

?The one over there.?

?I don?t see an Ewok.?

?What do you mean? He?s standing right over there!?

Poor, poor LT. Kettch, being all invisible... wait. Poor Denali, being subjected to Wes Janson!

Good response, Idrelle. :)

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Amusing... :D Poor, poor Denali. You did a lot better with this than I. [face_peace]

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Excellent throwback to Solo Command and the personalities of the canons vs. the new guys were odd but hilarious.

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Bri_Windstar
    Insanity is the way to go these days. [face_peace] You have to have a good amount of it to survive as a pilot. :p

DaenaBenjen42
    To be honest, she was asking for it. :p [face_laugh]

Jon
    Aww, thanks! [:D] Yours was great, too! :D

Ish
    Thanks. You should know by now that "odd" is my middle name. :p

Thanks for reading, everyone! :)

17. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL! A first person recount of events - priceless! This was tons of fun, I loved seeing things from her point of view; it was inventive and enjoyable and watching the world through her eyes was like watching Wes and Hobbie through the eyes of a sane and rational adult; which I guess makes her one *snicker*

Can't handle it because she's sane - with Wes and Hobbies as teachers, I'm glad she realized it *grin*

What a fun dare; good job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.