main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

training i have for you

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mynameismyown, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Obi Wan didn't really screw up Anakin's training. He says that he failed Anakin in training him mostly out of sadness and a bit of guilt that his former apprentice turned Sith. Anakin's weakness's (like doing foolish attacks) were things no one can train out of him. Only time would burn his weakness's out of his system.

2. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    When Obi said he failed Anakin it wasn't anything physical, it wasn't anything to do with the force. Obi said he failed Anakin because he never taught him how to think. That's how he failed him.

3. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Obiwan doesn't have the ability to really see possible futures the way Anakin, Luke, Palps, and Yoda do. He may have some ability in it(remeber he sensed something about the future in TPM) but he is nowhere near as talented in Prescience(the ability to see the possible futures, thank you frank Herbert and Dune for teaching me that word). This is why when Anakin has the vision of Padem dying he goes to Yoda instead of Obiwan. I think they didn't really have time to show Anakin being trained because unlike luke he didn't have a clearly defined goal(nobody knew how he was going to bring balance, just that he would)like luke had(confronting vader).

4. Darth_Fred

Darth_Fred Jedi Master star 5

Mar 1, 2004
    What do you mean by training? Much of the interaction in AotC I took to be training for Anakin.

5. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i somewhat agree with that.
    and i do maintain that obi1 and the council failed in the training. how do you explain the change in his character from TPM to AOTC?

there's a way of teaching that would allow anakin to get an idea for the responsibility he's about to handle and obi1 never seems to go there.

all he does is enforce rules. how come no one ever deals with the attachment issues that anakin has?
    sorry, but it isn't good teaching.

6. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    Yoda in AOTC with the younglings was a training scene. Short, be we got the idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.