main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Training Room III

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Okay, here is the previous posts from the Training room over on planet FanForce.net.

Let's keep it going.

Author Topic: Training Room II
    maveric
    Jedi Knight posted 11-14-2000 09:58 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a public Jedi (or Sith) Training Room. It's a great opportunity to role-play your anxieties to a halt and take out your aggression on something other than that 'ol plastic lightsaber you keep under your pillow.
    If you would like to train, go ahead, you don't need to have a master... If you make a mess, clean it up!!!

Maveric ignites his blue saber blade.

Who's first???!!!

------------------
    Joshua Gregory
    Satisfying your Indiana jones

[This message has been edited by maveric (edited 11-17-2000).]

IP: Logged

Stardreamer
    Jedi Knight posted 11-14-2000 10:37 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ::stepping into the training room::
    Maveric... shall we?

::igniting his own cobalt blue lightsaber::

JediAutobot
    Jedi Knight posted 11-15-2000 10:09 AM
    Running feet come down the hall. JediAutobot comes to a screeching halt at the door. She looks around the new room
    "Pretty nice"
    Ignoring Stardreamer and Mav she calmly ignites her lightsaber. The green blade hums quitely.
    "Now who else wants to play?"

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 11-15-2000 10:36 AM
    MaraJadeSkywalker rushes in. "Now this looks like fun!", she exclaims while igniting her blue lightsaber.

[This message has been edited by MaraJadeSkywalker (edited 11-15-2000).]

JediGemini
    Jedi Knight posted 11-15-2000 11:11 AM
    "Hey, it's a party!" JediGemini exclaimes as she rushes in and ignites her own violet blade hoping there's cake and punch afterwards.
    ------------------
    It should be punishment enough to have known puff and lost it, than to have never puffed at all!

Darth Astuart
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 11-15-2000 12:07 PM
    Darth Astuart walks into the room.
    "I WANT PUNCH AND PAAAAAAH! YOU GAHS! I WANT PUNCH AND PAAAAAAH!"

JediAutobot
    Jedi Knight posted 11-15-2000 03:17 PM
    JediAutobot and then salutes Gemini and MJS with her lightsaber
    "Either of you care to spar?"

JediLars
    Jedi Knight posted 11-15-2000 06:52 PM
    As the sliding door opens. . . A darked caped jedi standing with his face hidden in his cloak. Everyone in the room stop sparing and look to see who is this Jedi. He sheds his cloak and a double bladed saber is ignited. Its dark emerald green color blades glowing brightly. OK, who needs practise!!
    JediLars

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 11-15-2000 09:29 PM
    Flexible Mara Jade Skywalker reaches into her tunic and switches on the light saber she snagged from Luke Skywalker. She's now ready to spar with JediAutobot, JediLars and possibly JediGemini (once JG finishes eating)!

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 11-15-2000 09:37 PM
    Mara easily beats Darth Astuart by distracting him with Cheesy Poofs...

IP

2. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    "This room has gotten a little too artsy-fartsy for me. Back to the basics. Hmm...how should I get everyone's attention?"

Maveric thrusts his lightsaber into the fuse box in the room. All the lights go out. The room is pitch black save for the corner that Mav is standing in with his lightsaber ignited.

"Use the Force, Jedi."

Maveric runs and leaps towards Autobot, lightsaber extended.

3. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    From his position up in the "rafters", Stardreamer can easily spy Maveric's charge. When the other Jedi is in the right position...

...Stardreamer drops to the floor, igniting his lightsaber in mid-air. He lands in a fighting crouch, directly in Maveric's path, and a crackling hum fills the air as he lifts his own blade to meet Mav's. "Surprise."

4. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Since my vision was impared due to the sudden black out, I reached out with the force for any sudden surprises. I decided to slowly sneak up behind Mav and SD using the force to keep myself invisible. Mav and Stardreamer were in an intense sparring match. "Hey guys, I'm back!" with my double bladed Emerald green saber light, and in an attack position.

JediLars

5. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    *JediGemini just stood there, quite dissapointed at what had just taken place.*
    "Man, you take away my spotlight, mav. This isn't fun anymore!"
    *Knowing it wasn't necessarily supposed to be fun anyway, JediGemini thought for a moment what she could do while she hummed her song.*
    "Dude, where's Lapis? She'd spar with me, but she suddenly dissapeared when everything went dark. Hmm.... What to do? What to do? I just don't know!"
    *JediGemini grew increasingly frustrated. Until she had a thought.*
    "I know, I'll go put on the PowerPuff Girls. Someone is sure to get annoyed and challenge me. Yeah, I'm pretty smart."
    *And with that, Gemini did exactly that.*

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Autobot stands up.
    "I'm all for cartoons, but why don't we spar first?"
    Autobot brings her green lightsaber up. As the light flashes from xMav and SD fight, she spins her saber.
    "I'm ready if you are."

7. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    "Are you challenging me, Autobot? Hmmm? Well, if you are, I'm ready."
    *Gemini's violet bladed lightsaber hummed to life.*

8. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Bump! Bump, bump,bump,bump,bump,bump,bump,bump

OK I figured that we can continue this!!

JediLars

9. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    "Lars, with that star, you glow like a sun in the Force. I knew you were coming before you did. Still, two opponents, one lightsaber...this is hardly fair. Well, who said life is fair, anyways?"

Maveric fakes a lunge at JediLars, and then takes a swing a StarDreamers feet.

10. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Autobot lunges at Gemini. There is a flash of light as their two sabers colide. As the two lock blades, Autobot concentrates. Sliently a wind springs up around the two combatents. The eriely slient wind starts whipping the Jedis' robes. With a sudden howl, the wind blows both Jedi to opposite walls.
    Autobot grins, embarrassed, "Whoops, messed that up, it was only suppose to blow you away, I guess that's why it the TRAINing room."
    Autobot jumps back up and rushes towards the fallen Gemini.

11. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    "This is soooo unfair. Why am I always the one falling and being pushed around?"
    JediGemini was now standing and folding her arms across her chest in frustration while Autobot continued to charge at her. But Gemini knew she had to be calm. So, with the power of the Force, she calmed down quickly. As Autobot neared, Gemini decided to play some games.
    Suddenly, all Autobot could see were a ton of Geminis in front of her, not knowing which was the real one. And not knowing that Gemini was projecting those images into Autobot's mind as she Force jumped over her head and flipped behind her. But the images soon faded as it got harder and harder to maintain them.
    Autobot turned around then and Gemini asked, "Let's start over, shall we?"
    Autobot nodded and they spared once more.

12. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    "I think its time to use one blade instead of two.", as I shut down one of the emerald green blades. "Say Mav take this," As I give him a force push that knocks him on his bum. "Thats for the last sparring match!" Hhaha!:)

JediLars

13. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Autobot shakes her head and smiles.
    "Remember Gem. that Force push knocked me flat to."
    Autobot brings her lightsaber to guard position. Gemini brings her lightsaber to guard as well. Gemini steps forward and tries for a head shot. Autobot blocks and tries a sweeping cut to the midsection. Gemini easily blocks the cut and then spins to the side. Her lightsaber's tip is at Autobot's throat. Autobot rolls her eyes and slowly knocks the saber aside.
    "Well I made that simple for you. Show me that move."
    Gemini demonstrates the move to Autobot.
    "Shall we start again?" asks Gemini.
    "Let's."
    Autobot and Gemini bring their sabers to the guard position.

JediAutobot

14. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Okay...I think it's time for a few...um...er...guidelines:

1. Please don't post what happens to other characters besides your own. Part of the fun of sparing is defending yourself. So, if someone says that they automaticaly hit you, that takes some of the fun out of it. The best way is to post an ATTEMPT. This would be something like this:

"Bob decides to take a swipe at Laura. He thrusts his lightsaber towards Laura's midsection."

Do you see the difference? Laura still has a chance to act. She has the choice to dodge the hit, parry with her own lightsaber, or to take the hit.

2. Try to avoid cheap moves that affect everyone in the room. I think we can all agree that Force push has been way over used. If you are going to use the Force, use it on your opponent only, and give them some opportunity to reply.

Again...these are just suggestions that I think will help us all enjoy our training much more. Anyone is wecome to post whatever they want...it's a free forum :)

15. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Despite not really following the guideline, I agree with Mav. We do want as may people participating, but we also want to keep it from getting to out of control. Maybe it's an impossible goal, but I would like to try for a little more fighting and less teddy bear sewing. :)

16. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    ("Only you control your character", which is the gist of what Mav said, is the prime tenet of free-form role-playing. That's basicly what we're doing here. :)

Taking a step back from the fray, Stardreamer turns to watch Autobot and Gemini spar. "Good stance, now remember, let the Force guide you...."

17. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    As I reach out my hand to help Mav up, "Sorry, I couldn't resist!" "Now where were we . ." As I egnite both blades. . .

JediLars

18. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    (Right, Stardreamer. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with simming, but this is a variation of that system. Except...this is fun! :) )

"Thanks, Lars." Maveric accepts the hand and lifts himself off the ground.

"Let's practice strike/counter-strike drills!" Maveric ignights his lightsaber and smiles deviously at Lars.

"Ha!" Maveric slices a broad stroke towards Lars shoulders...

19. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    But before any more sparring ensued, JediGemini suddenly broke out into a dance while singing, "All the women who independent, throw your hands up at meeeeeee. All the hunnies making money, throw your..."
    But suddenly she stopped as everyone in the room was looking at her strangely.
    "Umm... Sorry, couldn't resist." Gemini then looked back at Autobot and shrugged.
    "You know, it's a woman thing," and she readied herself to spar once more.

20. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Girl! I didn't know you could get down like that!

:) :) :)

21. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    "What are you ON Gemini!!" As I block Mavs attempt to catch me on my shoulder. "Well try to stop this!" As I slash and lunge . . .

JediLars

22. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    "Ah!" Maveric screams as he dodges the lunge. He looks down to see that his robes have been singed.

"Nice One" Maveric says as he bats away Lars lightsaber. Then Maveric strikes at Lars exposed shoulder.

23. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Ouch! Say you singed my new robe!! "Lets say we speed up the pace a bit and see if you can stop this!!, as I slash and spin my way. . .

JediLars

24. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    "I'm High on Life, Lars!" Gemini explained, but just laughed. "No, really, I think there was something in the punch. Really."
    And with that, Gemini slashed her blade at Autobot.
    "Let's get going, here."

25. BluJediLapis

BluJediLapis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    ::Lapis comes through the door again, in a fresh blue robe::

Ahhh...

::She observes whats going on, and smiles, before going into a series of stretches and splits::

O=({{{{)+++++++++++++++++++
    Lapis
    "I thought it meant you could wish on helicopters"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.