main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Traitor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mirax-Jade, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    OOC: Okay...upstairs...close door...your post=next morning?

IC: Reana kissed him one more time, and put her tea cup on the table. She stood up, and pulled him up as well, bounding up the stairs and into the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

tag:Knight

EDIT: WOOT! We hit 31 pages! *passes out cake*

2. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: I think, pending Mertroid's NPC problem with the lieutenant, that we can move this to the next day nice and easy. I'm not mentioning the wedding day because I have a surprise scripted up that I intend for Lance to show Reana before the wedding itself.

3. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    OOC: Okay. But it's still your turn to post. ;)

4. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC (For the sake of continuing...):

Next morning, Lance was all smiles as he worked in the garage after breakfast. What had gone on the night before was something that he would never forget, and his pulse quickened at the mere recollection of those events. (OOC: Trying to be descriptive without violating the rules of the board.)

After a few minutes, he focused himself to the task at hand. Taking apart his old M16A2/M203 had been a breeze, far easier than he had expected. The gold innards now sat before him in little puddles in their molds. One was for a pair of rings, and one for a pair of earrings. All that was left was chilling them. He surveyed his work station again, but found no freezer for his handiwork.

Relying on a back-up measure, he summoned the Force around himself. The strange powers launched a devastating blast of chilling air at the jewelry, freezing it in minutes. After it thaws, it will be ready. He sent a mental message to Reana. "Honey, I have a surprise for you in the garage."

TAG: M-J

5. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana had been curled up on the couch, watching the holo, still in pajamas, when she got Lance's mental message.

She got up, yawned, and stretched, then walked to the garage. She stepped up behind Lance and wrapped her arms around his middle. "Hey...what did you want me to see?"

6. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance welcomed the embrace, turned around, and gently hugged Reana. After a minute, he reached for the pan holding the rings. "I'd like to see if this fits you. It'll be a little cold though, so it'll expand as it thaws."

He produced from the tray one of the two wedding rings he had crafted. The edge was crafted with a Corellian wedding blessing, and the underside, which was hidden by the finger, had Reana's initials engraved in it.

7. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana gasped when he showed her the ring. She took it from him and looked at it closly, noticing the Corellian look to it, and her initials carved into it. She slipped it on, and it fit almost perfectly. "This is so beautiful, Lance!" she said as she admired the ring some more.

8. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"I'm glad you like it," Lance said with a smile. "Sadly, it has to wait until the big day. However, I did make you some earrings that you can have as soon as they thaw." He pulled the earring tray closer to the edge of the work bench. In the center of the gold earrings were two black crystals, and on the bench sat Lance's old Sith lightsabers. Both weapons sat in two pieces each, and the crystal chambers were empty.

9. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana smiled again as she looked over the earrings. "There beautiful too!" she kissed him. "Thank you!"

10. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"I have a secret for you regarding those earrings." Lance wore a confident, smug grin. "The shining black diamonds in them are from the weapons I used to carry." He picked up the severed lower half of one of his old lightsabers. The weapon had the faint markings of the ancient Sith warriors, but was otherwise highly polished, smooth durasteel. "May the evil past rest in peace," he said joyfully before placing the weapon on the bench and hugging Reana.

11. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana buried her face in his neck. "You've changed so much, and I love every bit of it."

12. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

A smile came to Lance's face, and he blushed a deep red. "I really wasn't expecting that comment," he said with a grin. "Now I have to make something for the Republic Air Force Recruit Center, and I've been told that you aren't allowed to see it. Some sort of 'worst-case scenario' thing. I just hope it never gets used."

13. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    "So is that a not-so-subtle hint to get me back inside to do wifey things? Like cooking...cleaning...the likes?" Reana joked.

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance chuckled. "No, not at all. Just a 'not-so-subtle hint' that you might not want to hear what I have to record." He somehow looked glum as he said that.

15. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana sobered and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll be inside...cooking...or in my case, burning lunch." she winked at hm and walked inside.

16. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: And now for something I would call a personal classic: a heart-breaker.

IC:

Lance gently set the freshly-made jewelry down, letting all the pieces thaw out and expand slightly. While the gold objects thawed, Lance grabbed a holo-projector, stuffed a blank chip in, and set the device to begin recording.

As soon as he had finished setting it up, he channeled the Force to start the recording, and swallowed down the lump in his throat. His words held a tinge of sadness as he imagined the dark day that might mark the use of this recording. He buried the thought in his mind, hoping that it was false.

"This holo-tape is intended for my beloved wife, Reana. If you are viewing this, then it stands to reason that I am dead. I want you to know that I died as I had always wanted to, making sure that the galaxy was at least a little safer for the people I care about. I'm sure that this came as a shock to you, but I know that you'll eventually get over it. I know this hurts, but you have to move on. Please, for your sake, do it, and know that I will always love you." He kissed his fingers and flicked them in the direction of the holo-emitter, and the program recorded it as a final kiss to Reana from beyond the grave.

The system stopped then, and the entire message was saved to the computer chip. Lance pulled it out and locked the information on it so that nobody could over-write it. He then carefully put the chip and emitter away, and walked into the house. There seemed to be a dark sadness hanging over him after what he had written. He gently kissed Reana on the cheek and then sat down. As he sat, he let out a heavy sigh.

17. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana turned away from the stove, watching Lance. There was always something that seemed to make him sad everyday, and it broke Reana's heart each time.

She sat down in the chair next to him. "You know, I don't know what I'd do with out you...I wouldn't have someone to hold me anymore...and I wouldn't be able to cheer you up either...although I'm not sure if I do such a good job of that anyways." She bit her lip, watching him sorta sadly. "No matter what happens though, I'll always love you...you know that right? So if you need to talk, let me know..."

18. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance looked up at Reana as she sat next to him, and his sadness seemed to leave, but just a little. "I'm just... Just upset with what I had to say in that recording. I don't want to break your heart, but I'm afraid that if you ever heard or saw that recording, you'd be shattered, and that would just rip my soul apart." He let out another sigh. "I just hope you never have to open that file. Ever."

19. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana got up and hugged him tightly, "Me too. Me too." Reana sniffed slightly. "Just don't do something stupid to get yourself killed and I should be fine." she tried a feeble joke...but she knew it didn't work.

20. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"Then I hope I don't get sent in against what remains of Thrawn's fleet," Lance said, trying his own feeble joke. He welcomed the hug, and stood up to make it more effective. The pain in his soul seemed to slowly melt away.

21. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana gripped his shoulders harder, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. She closed her eyes and breathed in, the snapped her head up. "Crap. I guess I wasn't kidding about when I said that I would burn lunch." she ran over to the stove and grabbed the pan, which now held a very blackened peice of meat.

22. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"The only thing that could make me upset right now, Reana, would be if you started crying." He actually smiled, a small chuckle coming on the tail end of the grin. He didn't look bothered at all by the burnt lunch. "I guess that God gets a burnt offering today." He then clasped his hands together and bowed his head. "Amen," he said. There was a sense of humor in what he said.

23. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Reana dumped the food into the garbage can, and stomped her foot. "AH! Why can't I cook?! I'm going to cry if I don't start being able to cook soon!" Reana said, though the humor in her voice was evident.

24. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"Relax, Reana. Tell me what you'd like, and I'll give it a try."

25. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Out on parole, Sals spent her morning sailing around Coruscant. The place never seemed to stop for a rest.
    After an annoying interview at an infokiosk, she finally found out what she wanted. After a couple stops and a few credits, she flew off to the house. It wasn't early morning any more. Oh well.
    She rang the doorbell with a talon, set the box down on the doorstep and yelled "BRUNCH!" before backing up and flying away. Three quiche, prosciutto, and some fresh bread sat in a basket, waiting for Reana and Lance to get hungry.

Tag!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.