main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Traitorous Knight (an Arthurian/SW crossover) Author's Note: Aug 4, 2004 ... post to follow...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
  2. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
  3. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    Nice trailer Derisa :) Now, a new post please :D

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Workin' on it, workin' on it: should be putting it up late tonight. Patience is the most Jedi of virtues...

And Artemis: who *are* you? I get the feeling I should know... There's something familiar about your writing "voice" Send me a PM if you want... :p Please?

*Derisa*

5. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Patience may be a Jedi virtue, but I am a GODDESS, and we don't like to be kept waiting :mad: 8-}

Derisa, I'm just a lurker who finally decided to register last month. I have no idea where you might have seen any of my writing. Not online certainly, as the JC is the first board I've ever posted on. I've had a couple poems published in anthologies, but that's all. I'm not even done writing my very first fan fic! :_|

6. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Derisa,

Major applause from a newcomer to these boards. This is a splendid sweep of imagination, and your attention to detail is magnificent.

I'd love to post here--but I'm beginning to be intimidated. There is NOTHING amateurish about writing like this.

Of course, the fact that you're writing my very favorite SW character as a hero in the noblest tradition doesn't hurt either.

Keep up the good work!

7. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
  8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    One very very very big UP!

9. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Please, m'lady Derisa, we'd like some more ;) 8-}

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  11. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    A post please, for the lowly readers who have little other entertainment?

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Ack! Another false alarm!

14. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Take pity, kind Lady Derisa! Grant us another post!

15. mazadan

mazadan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2001
    I have never seen a more beautiful marriage of my two favorite mythos. This is so wonderful. I am so hooked. I can't believe I waited so long before starting to read this.

Please, please post more!

16. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Uppers! Oh, a tidbit for you other readers, Derisa said in USJS Part IV that she has two posts for us, though they are not typed yet. :) We have not been forgotten! Patience is a Jedi virture, and it will pay off eventually.

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Yippee!

18. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Well here's the first one... and now it's three posts written, and waiting to be typed. One down... :)

Enjoy and sorry about the wait. Love to hear from all you new readers. I hope you continue to like the story. :)

*Derisa*

?...And then I awoke,? the Jedi finished his explanation of his strange nocturnal experience at last. The fire?s crackle, and the sleep noises of those of Tintagel?s servants who slept in the great hall, were the only sounds in the shadowed space around the two shapes that sat in the glow of the hearth.

The Harper?s smile was wide and genuine, but expressed a hint of a question. ?Well, my boy, it sounds like a dream,? Merlin stated quietly.

?A dream?? Obi-Wan asked, hesitantly. ?But I am a Jedi Knight. Jedi don?t dream.?

?I am not familiar with that word ?Jedi?, but everyone dreams, Lancelot.? Merlin replied, his expressive voice showing some of his confusion. ?Mayhap you don?t remember them-?

?No.? Obi-Wan ?You don?t understand. I don?t dream. No member of my Order does.?

Merlin drew his long harper?s hands inside his sleeves, in a gesture so reminiscent of Obi-Wan?s master that the Jedi lost his breath for a moment. He was distracted from his correction of identity by the small noise the Seer made in the back of his throat. ?Hrrm. Dreams are the method by which we sort memories and feelings, reconciling daily life with our history. There are so many layers to experience that a man cannot recall important details unless they are sorted and separated somehoww, and that is not a conscious procedure, Sir Knight. I do not understand how a man cannot dream,? he stated simply, ?Much less an entire Order.?

?We?ve no need of dreams, Master Harper,? Obi-Wan explained. ?The Jedi are trained in close observance and quietude, and we exist as close to the balance as we can: there is no need to reconcile that which we recall with ease with what we experience.?

?But I know you are aware of the Light, and it is often interaction with the Unseen that froces men?s minds to dreaming. They cannot acccept and deal with the Unseen on the same levels as their breakfast, say, or the wench they are attracted to.?

A wry smile quirked Obi-Wan?s well-shaped mouth. However much like Qui-Gon this older man seemed, comments like that last marked him as distinct and separate. Obi-Wan was glad of them, as he found the oddities of this place made it easier for him to forget that separation. But Master Qui-Gon Jinn knew his own Apprentice?s focus had never been on women: the Force took the place of lovers in his life. Obi-Wan Kenobi was a dedicated Jedi Knight, and while that did not preclude relationships or attractions, his focus and his powerfully passionate nature made it perhaps safer for him to have little experience with sexual matters.

?The Unseen. You mean...? he searched his mind for the right word to use in the context of this society, meaning the Force?s subtle voice and actions upon the Galaxy, ?You mean magic??

Merlin smiled, his weathered cheeks crinkling as he glanced up at the broad-shouldered young warrior. ?Yes,? he chuckled, ?Magic. Why does a Knight of UnderHill, of the ?Jedi??... even need to ask??

?So many things need to be communicated here, Master,? Obi-Wan smiled in answer. ?We call that higher source of inspiration and direction, that which is our ally and our power... we call that the Force. But that word has so many connotations...?

?Indeed. Here, magic is the action, powered by that ?Force?? I, and I cannot attest for the rest of the learned men of Avalon, but I have long called the well from which I draw the Source. It is close to your word, yes??

Obi-Wan leaned back with a thoughtful air. ?Yes. Yes, it is a very good word for it,? he nodded, his cloak slipping back from his shoulders, but the Jedi did not feel the chill of the air behind him, wrapped as he was in the Force?s warm surety. He answered an earlier comment of the older man, almost as an afterthought. ?The Jedi are an Order dedicated to understanding...

19. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Aaah! *satisfied sigh* Your posts are always well worth the wait, Derisa. Post again sooner, please!

20. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    *throws flowers* Wonderful! Absolutely beautiful, m'lady Derisa :D Well worth the wait :)

21. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Very nice, Derisa! I like the thought of Yoda echoing Merlin's gesture.

22. CeNedra

CeNedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2001
    Mmmmm *happy sigh*. That post was simply delicious, Derisa! :) I especially liked Merlin's thoughts on dreams . . .

:)

23. sirliam

sirliam Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2001
    Thanks Bri!

:)

24. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    *pant, pant* Whew, I'm still playing catch-up...just wanted to let you know that I'm still around Derisa...Real Life seems to have eased up a bit. *looks around nervously*

Wonderful writing as usual, hopefully I'll be totally caught up in the next few days! :)

25. mazadan

mazadan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2001
    I'm dying here, this is so good.
    Up, please. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.