main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Traitorous Knight (an Arthurian/SW crossover) Author's Note: Aug 4, 2004 ... post to follow...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    MJ - Ditto. :D

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I've been posting Derisa's stories for her while she's been out of town and saddled with a poor internet connection, but now I myself am going on vacation for the next week, starting today.

This means that although she may have posts ready to add, she might not necessarily be able to post them until at least one of us returns next week, no later than the August 13th.

Keep an eye out for new posts, and hope for the best, and above all be patient: Derisa is experiencing technical difficulties beyond her control. Please stand by. :)

- Rani

3. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Will do, Rani. Have a wonderful vacation! And don't worry about us; I'm sure we'll find some way to entertain ourselves. ;)

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    How positively wonderful. I love the depth and detail of your descriptions.

Totally understand the the need for vacations and things beyond everyone's control and will be waiting patiently. :)

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Slan all! Thanks for your support and commentary, this story is coming together quite nicely: I wrote three thousand words in it last night, so more will be coming with only a short delay.

Many thanks to my patient beta-reader for all her help. Go Rani, Go Rani, Go Go Go Rani! :)

Hope you guys like this next piece!

*Derisa*

Anakin had had an eventful few days, falling with some hesitancy into the routine of his temporary home. For such a bucolic place, it was remarkably busy, with the many children fostered there and the endless tasks that went with feeding and housing the population of the Glass Isle.

As well as serving at table and honing his riding skills, Anakin found nearly every moment taken up with errands or training of one sort or another, along with the other boys his age, mostly the junior squires. For all his sullen and sly ways, Anakin had found himself missing Medraut, who was busy serving the Lady and her royal guest for much of the time.

Obi-Wan's unexpected prowess upon the tiltyard had given the other youths of the Glass Isle some pause in targeting the Fae Knight's tow-headed squire, but when they found him prickly and sensitive to such things, they could not resist the lure of teasing him. Being as he was lumped in with all these others, he endured endless rounds of new jests, all at the cost of his pride. It was early afternoon of the third day since his Master had left that Anakin had finally been unable to hold his temper any longer.

All of the boys were assigned to the orchard to gather plums, when, after Medraut brought to his attention a pointed comment regarding Anakin's ancestry, the last of the young Jedi's patience vanished. Griffon, a lanky boy nearly two years Anakin's senior, caught the full
    brunt of the Padawan's anger, and ended with several nasty bruises and a split lip for his efforts. Egged on in the fight by Medraut's urgings and the jeers of the other boys, Anakin himself sported not a mark, his Temple training abiding him in the scrap.

He did, however, suffer the censure of the Lady of the Lake, whose deep indigo eyes had gazed upon him with some consternation as he stood before her, too fired with adrenaline from the fight to show any sort of repentance. She raised a raven brow to this defiance and met his stubborn gaze with her own, infinitely patient one. The Queen looked on, her wide blue eyes absorbing every detail of the confrontation: the fight must have interrupted some private conversation between the two women.

After a long pause, Anakin dropped his eyes to the floor, and all the resistance drained from him, knowing that whatever punishment she saddled upon him, it would be as nothing next to the lecture he was certain to receive from Obi-Wan.

A few careful questions, and the cause of the fight was drawn forth. The Lady of the Lake seemed intent on surprising the penitent Padawan, for she responded with real sympathy for his problems with the boys of the castle, and the sense of abandonment he'd felt when Obi-Wan had left without him. Still, he had damaged a lad in her care.

With gentle words, she reminded him that he but visited there, and that as long as she fulfilled her responsibilities as hostess, so he must fulfill his as her guest. Shoulders slumping lower with every word, Anakin acknowledged that he'd been in the wrong.

Indeed, he realised as he thought back over the altercation, he had not done more damage to Griff only because the Force had suddenly closed itself to him. In his anger he had hardly noticed, but now, as he stood here in the cool stone hall, the cold reality of his slip of control penetrated home, hard.

"I will bear whatever disciplinary measures you see fit to assign," he informed the Lady of the Lake.

Once again, her response to the situation puzzled him, for a silvery peal of laughter greeted his statement. "Child, you have already disciplined yourself," she said after a pause, "It is clear to me you need no further remonstrance." She beamed down at him, her forehead
    gently creased wit

6. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    A post! Yay! And an exquisite one at that! I enjoyed the glimpse into Anakin's temper, as well as his later repentence. Echoes back to a familiar scene from a movie, eh, only with a lesser transgression and reaction? Too bad that Anakin didn't see the Force close on him... Anyway, I love your discriptions as always. Can we hope for more from your 3000 word store? ;)

7. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    Oh, Derisa - what a marvelous, complex tapestry you weave. Your wealth of detail and the interactions of your characters are just exquisite. (There's that word again.)

And, oh, yes, we do remember the origins of this story - and the title of this story - and I can NOT wait to see how you're going to tie all this together, and make us understand both the temptations that sweep away our noble hero - and the measures he takes to atone for them - for surely there must be atonement.

Wonderful sidebar about Anakin, as well.

Anxiously awaiting more.

CYN

8. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    CYN!!! What, were you reading over my shoulder as I wrote into the wee hours last night? :) The scenes I worked on last night are a bit further down in the story, but they're what you just mentioned!

I had to go back and read the post to make sure I didn't post the wrong stuff. :)

Glad you are liking it, Musicalla: I had fun writing it. As I am alternating posts between all of my stories (I have four in active construction at present), there will be a little while before the next post here, but now that I have gotten some momentum built up, this story will be progressing quite a bit faster than over the last year. :)

Chat soon,

*Derisa*

9. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    Reading over your shoulder? Don't I wish!!! :D

Glad you've come back to this. I love your style in anything you write, but, I confess, this is my favorite.

CYN

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *GASP* I've missed the last 3 post??? How could this happen???

Fantastic posts, Derisa!! I love your perfect descriptions of everything!! I can't wait for more!

11. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)

You have no idea how you made my day. Work should have had a warning label stamped on it. :mad:

That was just great! I liked the look into Anakin's workings and how he faced up to his actions and found for a moment a little comfort. Obi-Wan's back! Oh the haunting images those last lines brought up. Of course you had me the moment I read the trailer so long ago. The images there still pop up at the oddest of times.

I often say this but I am waiting (not very) patiently for the next post.

12. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    WASSAIL!

I just discovered your magnificent story (how I missed it for this long is up for discussion) and I'm completely enthralled. To weave together two completely different worlds in such a seamless manner takes incredible skill and imagination - I'm not surprised that you're soon to be (already?) a published professional author. Thank you for a magnificent story!

In Cyn's words, champagne, roses and cheesecake to you!

Shaindl (who is, btw, a fellow Canuck :D)

13. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Woah...it's been a month already?

*The betareader looks around, then gently nudges Derisa with her elbow*

"Psst...PSSST! Deri...you wanna put Last Chance aside for just a bit, channel the Knights of the Round Table for a bit, and let your fans here off the suspense hook, myself included? :)

Cheers,

- Rani

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ah!! Push this up!!!

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The Knights who say "Ni" demand a post! We shall say "Ni!" again if you do not appease us!!!

NI!

;)

UP!

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Due to the lapse in time, we are no longer the Knights who say "Ni."

We are now the knights who say "Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoom-boing-mumble-mumble!" :p

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Looks around* Dangit, scared everyone away from this one too... UP!!

18. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Unlocked and upped. [face_dancing]

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Thank you, Rose!

Yes, the rumours are true, there is more coming on this story very very soon! Stay tuned!

*Derisa*

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Falls dead with shock*

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I didn't mean to kill it! Honest! :p

22. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    It's okay, Miana, I am working on a post for the story, my beta reader will have a look over it and it'll be up soon. :)

23. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Yes! Waiting ever so impatiently. :D

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :D Excellent!

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Monthly BUMP...