main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Traitorous Knight: the repost

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Slan all. :)

I figured it was about time I got up the nerve to repost all my stuff to the new forums, so here's one of my best to date. And since I'll be getting a new computer in a short space of time, there will even be new posts in due time. :)

The premise is: Obi-Wan becomes a Knight of King Arthur's Court, you get to guess which one!

This idea was tossed out by Miana Kenobi, and she has graciously given me permission to write it. This is a serious story, but with a lot of room for humour and romance... hope you all like what I want to do here...!

And big thanks to Miana Kenobi for her brilliant concept! (And for saying yes! )

*Derisa Ollamhin*

?Avalon?? Obi Wan looked the question at Master Yoda. The diminutive green Jedi Master had his head cocked as he answered the quizzical regard with a steady look of his own protruding blue orbs. ?Why does that
    name sound so familiar, Master Yoda??

?All things tied together are, Obi-Wan. Causal is the universe, and this you must learn, soon,? came the croaking and cryptic reply. ?The importance of this world sensed has been, and their need for a champion. Go
    you must.?

?Yes, Master,? the handsome young Knight responded. ?And Anakin? He seems a bit young for this mission, Master...?

?Yes... a concern your Padawan is.? The aged Master considered briefly, closing his eyes to better listen to the Force?s guidance. ?Take him with, you must. This I feel.?

Obi-Wan nodded, taking up the datachip with the mission?s details on it, and he bowed deeply to the wise old Master before departing the meeting room. Yoda sighed, and stumped to the door himself, his gimmer stick tapping the floor in the familiar halting rhythm.

[i]A deeper journey, this mission is,[/i] came Yoda's quiet thoughts. [i]Ties to the metaverse there are here. Tread with caution he must.[/i] But he could think of no better Jedi to send on this most vital mission, than Obi-Wan Kenobi, the epitome of the Jedi.

- - -

Merlin rolled over and sighed. He didn't know if his prayer to the gods had been heard, but he could only hope. [i]Arthur, my boy, you'll have to stem the tide of darkness just that little bit longer: I have called for the Champion to make himself known, now all we can do is wait, and wait for the gods to reveal him. [/i]

The stone under the old man was chilly, and he rucked up the fur-lined cloak's hood to better pillow his silvery head. The stars blinked coldly over head, impossibly near and yet always just out of reach of his grasp.

[i]Who knows what secrets you hold, you stars? I have watched you all my life knowing there were stories I would never know, being played out there, in your light and the infinite blackness between. It is the saddest thing to me that I will die never knowing those stories.[/i]

His eyes slid shut, and missed the star alighting to earth so close to his hidden place in the hills, bearing within its carefully crafted steel frame the Champion he had called for, and a boy as yet untried to play the role of faithful Squire.

But some part of him knew, and he dreamed that night, a true dream of a green-eyed man with unruly reddish hair, with such intensity in his gaze and such grace and inner stillness, that Merlin knew: this was the greatest Knight ever to set foot on Avalon?s sacred soil.

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    How can no one have responded to this? I found this a long time ago on the old boards and absolutely loved it and the premise. I'm so glad you're reposting and continuing with it, Derisa.

Forsooth, I can't wait for more to appear anon (okay, that was kind of pathetic, but you get the idea...). :D

Shaindl

3. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Verily, mine eye doth hunger for more. ;)

Interesting premise, good writing. I'm curious about how you will develop this.

I'd appreciate it if you were to continue this, please.

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    ::dances around like a fool::

:) You have no idea how happy it made me to see it reposted with the hopes of more wonderful chapters. This is like one of my favorite stories and I am heartened to see you have not abandoned it.

5. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Derisa - I read (and adored) this story the first time around - and I am dying to get nose-deep in it again - but only if you absolutely swear on the honor of your sainted grandmother that you WILL finish it. There are three stories from the old boards - and this is one of them - that were absolutely wonderfully written, perfectly plotted, and intriguingly constructed - only to just STOP - HALT - CEASE - DESIST - and leave us all hanging in mid-air without a clue or a fare-thee-well. Alli-Wan & Lwyn'nya Kenobi (and forgive me if I've misspelled the names, but it's been soooooo long) are the other two guilty parties, and I'm not speaking to either one of them - which is entirely beside the point since they haven't been around in ages anyway. But you're here - so I can yell at you. :D So - swear it, young lady. Is it your intention to actually complete this magical tale? You are, as we all know, gifted enough to be a pro - but pros do NOT leave their faithful readers writhing in the perpetual twilight of an unfinished story!!!

You are a marvelous talent - so get cracking, Girl!

CYN

6. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh, I remember this story so well when I first read it the last time round, and immersed myself in it! Please, please finish the story this time round; there is nothing I wish to see as much as a complete ending to a beautiful tale...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Whoa! Boy howdy, colour me surprised.

You know, I never had any intention of dropping this story. I've had my hands full with all sorts of Real Life issues, and have been concentrating on one particular story, with occasional posts in Martyrs, but... with demand like this, okay! :)

I'll get caught up with the reposting regular-like, and then get on with the next pieces of the story. Cyn... there aren't words for how much I appreciate your comments, (and back handed compliments! ;) ) Thanks. :)

Here's more from the original. :)

*Derisa*

The dawn light cascaded over the rolling hills of Avalon, as though washing the night off the land. Mist clung in the hollows, and Anakin was glad of the warmth of his heavy homespun robe. While he had become more accustomed to the cooler tempertures of Coruscant, his bones would always long for the heavy heat of Tatooine?s twin suns.

Now, trudging along behind his Master, Anakin?s thoughts turned to their mission. He and Obi-Wan had been on four simple errands for the Jedi Temple in his two years of Apprenticeship, and this was like none of them: a world no one had ever heard of, so backward they didn?t have a spaceport? [i]What are we *doing* here?[/i]

?I know the data is sparse, Padawan,? Obi-Wan reprimanded the boy gently, ?Perhaps this is how we should approach this mission: look to the Force for guidance.? He turned back to catch his Apprentice?s eyes.

?I suppose,? the young Jedi answered, his wry face betraying his lack of confidence in this plan. [i]I guess I?m just embarking on my childhood dreams a bit early, to see *every* world in the Galaxy...[/i] he tried to optimise, but he found it hard to overcome his natural pilot?s dislike of a world so backwards they didn?t even have powered flight.

?Now we must look sharp, and see if we can spot any signs of habitation.? Obi-Wan ordered, ?We?ll find someone soon, I feel certain.?

Looking up the dirt road, Anakin caught a glint of the early sunlight on something that couldn?t be natural, a sharply metallic flashing. ?More likely, Master, that [i]they?ll[/i] find us first,? he said, directing Obi-Wan?s attention to the rapidly approaching natives.

The two Jedi stood to the side, and both felt the tremble in the ground long before they heard the heavy rumbling noise, as a broad phalanx of mounted warriors galloped over the crest of a small hill and down the road towards them.

- - -

?It is a fine day, love,? her husband?s voice was muffled as he drew on his doublet over the fine linen of his undertunic. ?What have you planned?? he finished as his sable head popped free from the confines of the rich woolen garment.

Gwenna rose from her seat by the casement and assisted him, straightening the folds of his clothes before girding his swordbelt about his waist, her slender white fingers lingering on the catch of the buckle. The white leather of the belt stood out against the dark blue of his doublet, and she raised her head to meet the same velvety hue of his eyes.

?I know not, my Lord,? she answered, ?I had thought that we were to ride to Tintagel this week. You have accepted Cador?s offer, have you not?? she asked, her cultured tones contrasting her husband?s more plain-speaking manner.

?Aye, I have,? the tall man responded, his face growing suddenly serious, ?But I mislike the timing of it. ?Tis too close to the Tournament. Why would Cador need to speak to me now??

?My Lord Husband, the incursions have grown more frequent with the change of season. Cador is a loyal vassal,? she reassured him, ?He needs to know that you are aware of his situation.?

The raven head nodded gravely, and he turned those indigo eyes to her own softer blue ones. ?As usual, my Gwenna, you have eased my mind.? His smile was gentle, and his callused hand stroked down the length of her dark golden hair, as he leaned down to kiss her with affection. ?Now, love, I needs must speak to the Great Lords. Could you...-? he gestured to the oaken box on the table just behind her.

Gwenna turned away

8. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    This wonderful tale needs an upsy so others can experience it. :)

Of all the stories on the boards, this one is still my favorite and I hope your other creative muses and DRL gives you a break so more of this story can unfold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.