main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Trandoshans in The Clone Wars (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Zandalor, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Thanks to everyone who answered my questions, I learned a LOT today about things I've been wondering about for awhile! Very interesting stuff.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting. I wonder if they will have one of these Trandoshen elites in the show.
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071010173037/starwars/images/f/f0/THM.jpg]

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    They should have the Republic Commandos bust Ahsoka et al. out of the mess on Wasskah at the very end of the final episode. Trandos vs. RCs. The season finale that might actually redeem Season 3.

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Oh gods... you said the one awesome thing that will make this finale look bad no matter what they do now! [face_laugh]:_|

That would rock so hard... =P~

Point is, we're 100% sure this won't happen, because they'd certainly have spoiled that.

Scorch: "Lizards HO!"
    Boss: "Delta, give me an explosive solution here!"
    Scorch: "Enemies go boom, sir?"

[face_laugh]:_|

5. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Klaatu's not Klatooinian, but Barada is? Weird. I feel like there were a lot of those green Klaatu guys in the films and none in TCW, but if they're all Niktos now, then I guess we have them covered.

6. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I don't think Season 3 requires any redemption! More in-depth, realistic, higher quality political episodes than ever before, a Quinlan Vos episode, more in-depth clone background/training than ever before, more blatant addressing of Anakin's attachment issues with Ahsoka than ever before, a Dark Side/Force-witch trilogy where we see the training of a Sith apprentice for the first time ever, a battle of philosophies of the Force trilogy, and a trilogy with a more Ep. IV (my favorite Star Wars film) feel than any other TCW episodes. Seasons 1 and 2 are definitely great in their unique ways that have not been repeated in Season 3, but since Season 3 has been great in ways they were not.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It's not weird they look no alike- Klatooinian is separate species with brown or tan skin and somewhat bulldoglike nose(like Castas and Barada) but probably they're niktorelated perhaps near-niktos - and Klaatu looks bit more like spiked nikto than klatooinian to me so i think it's right decision to make him nikto instead- was he supposed to be klatooinian i don't think so.....he is still representing subspecies of green skinned niktos and not like Ima-Gun-Di for example who has tan skin... but TCW needs those Klaatu-niktos.....and more niktos anyway- in movies niktos outnumber weequays anytime....

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Well, you just ruined the finale with this awesomeness. Too bad if it did happen Raphael Sabarge wouldn't be voicing Scorch.

9. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    I LOVED their portrayal in the episode, particularly (what I took as) the homage to Jurassic Park with the raptor-like distress call. Very cool. I love the wampa that's draped over the throne, too.

10. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    That might actually convince me to but the Bluray set this fall. =P~

In all seriousness, it could happen. The TCW team has shown it isn't opposed to using the EU as inspiration (Kamino battle with Shaak Ti and ARC Troopers) and the OS uploaded Clone Cards with Delta Squad holding weapons. However I do agree that if it was happening there would be fifty articles about it by now...

11. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Yes, that's all logical IU, but I always thought that OOU the whole reason for the creation of "Klatooine" was the fact that they could take the name Klaatu (from TDTESS, original non-Keanu version) and mix it up with the IU "-ooine" planets and come up with Klatooine as a homeworld for the green guys. Sometimes you have to forgive my girly memories of Kenner action figures and such... I had two different Klaatus and it seemed like a species name, with Klatooine as an obvious homeworld. Things are different now.

The green-skinned scaly niktos just look way different from the leathery-skinned brown ones to me. The former look reptile and the latter seem mammalian. Oh, no... I'm being speciesist! I mus need sensitivity training or something!

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I guess all niktos are kind of reptomammals then;) but really does femalenikto look different?[face_thinking] ... Not again i'm having normal discussion and somehow i always manage to bring up these 'mammalian questions' now:oops: ... but yes ever seen female nikto? I guess they are all pretty similar looking flatchested humanoids then more like reptiles with few mammalian traits though but no breasts so they are not actual mammals.... i am not sure but i don't remember any obviously femalelooking nikto now..... and this is trandothread... oh well....we should also see femaletrandos and definitely without breasts then....

13. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    But are Rodians reptillian or what? Insecty? They seem to have sort of scales, and the females have obvious breasts. And then there's gungans... amphibians by genus, but:

Peppi Bow

No, can't think of any female Niktos. Either there's a reason for that, or we've been seeing mixed females and males all along.

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Oh... WOW. I haven't watched those episodes since they aired... I totally forgot about her.

She totally deserves an icon! :D

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Rodians are reptomammals hence the breasts and scaly skin... i don't know if that's fully official explanation though but i use that to explain it- rancors, wampas, tauntauns- all are reptomammals- some have breasts some don't..... it's not even so fictional concept since according to evolutiontheory mammals are developed from reptilians and some species are reptavians like kaadu and besalisk- those have reptilian and birdlike traits......
    OOU reason of course is that comicartists etc. don't think about logic when adding breasts to femalecharacter:rolleyes:

Well.... either she has silicons or something else stuffed under her top (hey we cannot say for sure:p ) or gungans are amphibians with breasts for unknown reason.... i dunno and i think we have had enough discussion about this subject already:p ....

16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Amen to that! Any bounty hunters would do though. agree?

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes, that's what I was saying: if I remember correctly, Klatooinians were originally the guys who looked like Klaatu, not guys who looked like Barada.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    EU-mess-up with no TCW involved:p

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Geez, we're really hounding on the EU around here lately, aren't we?

And in this case there's no need -- the names were established with the action figures back then. The EU had barely even begun at the time of the OT.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Hey just joking but once we cannot blame TCW from inconsistency:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.