main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Transcript leaked of initial Raiders 'roundtable' discussion...

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jp-30, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    ...between Spielberg, Lucas & Kasdan.

Read about it (and find the download link) here.

http://mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com/2009/03/raiders-story-conference.html

2. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I caught it on AICN two days ago. Man George was just an idea machine back then! All of them good!

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I downloaded this yesterday but haven't had time to read it. Yet.

4. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Oh Lucas is smart according to this guy with the blog? I'm confused, everyone on the internet says he's a terrible filmmaker because of what he did to the prequels, but now that someone dug this thing up, he's smart? I wish people would make up their minds. Is he the genius that invented Indiana Jones or the idiot who invented Jar Jar? ;)

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Easy. He was smart back in the day, but he lost his mojo.

6. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    He's an incredible idea person/story teller...he even has a good eye for visuals (THX 1138)...but he can't direct. Actors, action, anything.

But JP is right too...the guy has gone through some major changes. I mean looking at that transcript, he wanted Indy to have had an affair with Marion when she was as young as 11 (!!!!) Dude, what? And now he has a squeaky-clean family-friendly image he maintains like there's a gun to his head. Something switched in his head in the mid 80's...

7. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I think he was kidding in that part.

8. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Going from being married without children at the time of Raiders to divorced with three children a few years later may do that to you ;)
    It's not that uncommon for people to get more careful about what they do when they are raising kids.

Apart from that, yeah, it's a bit hard to know what exactly was going on, this transcript neither tells you the context nor does it clarify what's a joke and what's supposed to be serious.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Partly-not that uncommon for men in their mid-twenties to be having sex with teenagers in the 1930s. Secondly-they changed it about a sentence later to 15.

Thirdly-Five bucks says most men have at least thought about having sex with a teenager at least once if you ask me.

10. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Yeah, I know they changed it but still, I was mainly just shocked by the transition from the Lucas then to the Lucas now. Now I can't get the image of Indiana Pedophile out of my head and his relationship with Short Round is seeming creepier by the second.

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
  12. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Sure! When I was twelve it was all I could think about!:p

13. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

Something switched in his head in the mid 80's...

Yeah, it's called parenthood. Not everyone remains stagnant through their lives. People live life, move on, learn new things, gain new perspectives and grow.

Of course some people remain in a state of arrested emotional development.

14. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I think Ol' George had Lolita on the brain when he came up with idea of Indy seducing Marion when she was 15 or so. That's how I look at it.

Yeah, filmmakers change as they get older and have families. I think Steven Spielberg has gone on record as saying if he made Close Encounters in more recent times, he would not have had Richard Dreyfuss's character go off with the aliens, because he was single and didn't have children when he did it.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Go read the Raiders novel, then. After reading the passage that describes Indy checking out a student's ass, I am convinced that he has been known to sleep with his students. :eek:

16. haljordan33

haljordan33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2008
    good read

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.