main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Transformers...a movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Just thought some of you guys would get a kick outta this, they're talking about doing a live-action TRANSFORMERS movie!

Transform ...and roll out!

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    As a HUGE Transformers fan during the 80s... I have to say DON'T SCREW UP THE TRANSFORMERS FRANCHISE!!! This is a TERRIBLE idea for 2 reasons:

1. Unless they can successfully make the Transformers seem realistic (despite their obvious fantasy elements) like Spider-man and the X-Men movies did... the Transformers will seem over-the-top. (can we say HULK)

2. I cried when I was 5 and saw the first Transformers movie in theaters. (when Optimus Prime "died") I don't know if I can handle an experience like that again.

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    They should have the real Optimus Prime in it! [face_laugh]

4. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    ok, the last couple seasons of "beast wars" or "beast machines" along with the bastardization of my fave robots on cartoon network already screwed up the franchise...

i think the movie is a shot at trying to bring back a sense of validity to an already failing endeavour. good luck... i hope it kicks...

*sigh... beast machines is to transformers as softball is to baseball...

-b-

5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Beast wars wasn't that bad. We've got both DVD's of the episodes and they're fun to watch. And at the time they were made, the animation is really good.

And for the live-action movie to be a success, they need to get the two people who brought back the TF's to comic mainstream: Pat Lee and Brad Mick. Lee's art is downright beautiful and almost lifelike and Mick's writing is just like the original cartoon - except grown-up. You can hear the voices of each character as you read the lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.