main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Transformers Discussion Thread (Transformers: Dark of the Moon)

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i checked the index and the last 10 pages with 50 threads per page and didn't find anything so I thought I would create a thread in the YJCC for this. Transformers movie directed by Michael Bay is coming out July 4th 2007! there is some current word on casting:

Huge Transformers Exclusive
    The cast is coming together.

April 20, 2006 - IGN FilmForce has learned which actors are poised to join the previously announced Shia LaBeof in the cast of the DreamWorks-Paramount live-action feature film version of The Transformers. (LaBeof will star as "Sam," the unlikely teen hero of the movie.) IGN has confirmed through multiple sources that Oscar winner Jon Voight is in talks to reunite with his Pearl Harbor director, Michael Bay, as "Keller." A casting notice online describes Keller as the U.S. Secretary of State. Voight and LaBeof previously starred together in Holes.

Another Bay veteran, Armageddon's Michael Clarke Duncan, is closing in on the role of "Figueroa." This character is described in a casting notice posted at Sneak Peek TV as being "Dominican by way of the Louisiana Bayou. Chief Warrant officer in the Army. Spirited fellow who loves to sing. Close team member of Lennox."

And who is Lennox? Sources indicated that Vegas star Josh Duhamel has a lock on the role of the young military commander.

Bernie Mac is the frontrunner for the role of "Bobby Bolivia." A casting notice said Bolivia "could sell ice to an Eskimo. Tries to get Sam to buy a car. Your typical wheelin' dealin' used car salesman."

IGN has also learned that the following actors are being lined up for roles: Tyrese as "Epps"; John Turturro as "Simmons"; Rachael Taylor as "Maggie," previously described as a super-hot and super-smart codebreaker for the government; Megan Fox as "Mikaela," referred to in a casting notice as Sam's love interest; Travis Van Winkle as "Trent"; and John Robinson as "Miles."

There is still no word yet on who will be voicing the Autobots and the Decepticons.

Transformers is slated to begin filming next month for a July 4, 2007 release. It is being produced by Angry Films' Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Ian Bryce and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay are exec producing. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (The Island) wrote the latest draft of the screenplay; John Rogers (The Core) penned an earlier draft.

Here are the other Transformers threads in Amphitheatre and SFF:Films and TV

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Every new thing I hear about this film is more and more discouraging.

3. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i heard that gabe is going to play optimus prime.

4. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I hate Michael Bay with the fury of a thousand suns, but this is one movie that seems absolutely perfect for his particular aesthetic.

Big robots, big explosions, loud music. Sounds like fun.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
  6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Bernie Mac?

i am very pessimistic about this movie but i'll still inevitably go see it.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Cartoon Version:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/eethit/optimus.gif]

Live Action Version:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/eethit/OptiFat.jpg]

8. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    roofle

9. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    The people in Hollywood who thought a live action Transformers movie was a good idea need to have their crack pipes taken away.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    That was my first reaction. It'll be eye candy, but it'll also be the best eye candy you've ever seen.

Good find, Conor. If this movie is eve half of what AICN says its going to be, it'll be one of the great action movies EVER.

*has nerdgasm*

11. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    [MichaelBay]Now guys,I know you loved the old Transformers cartoon, but the new movie is going to be better than ten Super Bowls! I don't want to oversell it, judge for yourselves. [/MicaelBay]

12. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
  13. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    well, it looks like the original voice actors are being audtioned for the film. That's what Bay said in an interview at ain't it cool.

I just want to see Prime transeform, that's all I care about.

And from the interview , it looks like Prime and Megatron battle in LA and of course, there's a freeway chase, seems there's one in every Bay film.It's between Prime, and deceptiction hitting and running over everything in it's path.

At least it looks like Bay is trying to be faithful to fans of the cartoon series. And Spielberg's been giving ideas for action scenes too.

if the film sucks, at least there's still the original movie.

14. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I'll see it no matter what, but i don't exactly have high hopes for this.

15. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Well, they won't be getting the voice actors that did Jazz, or Starscream, both of which are going to be in the film.

16. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Whoever did the voice for Cobra Commander in that really bad GI Joe: Valor vs Venom movie sounded exactly like the old voice actor. I don't see why they couldn't tap him to play Starscream as well.

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    My foot!

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah, but this is Michael Bay. Just give him a simple premise, a huge special effect budget, wait a year and get ready to watch the fireworks.

19. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Beast Wars > Transformers

Simply because of Dinobot. He rocked.
    [image=http://members.tripod.com/refractorchasm/images/dinobot.JPG]

20. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    According to that AICN report,Scorpinok is going to be in the movie,but I heard they weren't going to do animal Transformers (i.e,no Dinobots,Insecticons,etc.),but I guess they changed their minds for him. He was one of the bigger G1 Tranformers,IIRC.

After reading that AICN report,I'm not hesistant about Micheal Bay directing a live-action Transformers movie. When you think about it,giant robots battling it out with humanity in the middle sounds like something up his alley.

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Michael Bay Talks Transformers Filming

Transformers director Michael Bay has updated his official News Blog with word on the first week of filming:

We finished our first week. One of the best first weeks on a movie I've ever experienced. We shot over 250 set ups.

I'm working on the military aspects of the film right now in New Mexico at Hollaman Air Force base and the Army's White Sands missile base. The military has been stellar with us. This is the largest military cooperation since Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down.

Friday we shot two CV-22's (Ospreys). They fly like aliens dropping out of the sky. We also shot stealth fighters and low attack missile runs (50 feet off the deck) A10 Warthogs. They look so deadly and mean.

We also shot in an army tank grave yard, that has more tanks in it then all of Iraq. The military cast Josh and Tyrese are surrounded with top notch Seal Team members.

I almost dropped from heat stroke on Wednesday in the 118 degree heat. Several crew went down in the heat on these dunes. It is amazing how quickly it can come on - I now see how some of those football players drop dead from heat stroke.

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    First Transformers Set Pictures

First Transformers Set Pictures
    Source: notfabio, Sony BMG Entertainment May 31, 2006

A collection of photos taken from the Transformers sets can now be found here and here! The pictures confirm that Chevy is one of the key vehicle partners and that Volkswagen is definitely out as Bumblebee. (Possible spoiler ahead) The car looks to get sold to Spike as the heavily beat up Classic Camaro and gets fixed up to the 2008 model.

Paramount's DreamWorks is eyeing a July 4, 2007 release date for the Michael Bay-directed film, starring Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Jon Voight, Bernie Mac, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, Amaury Nolasco and Kevin Dunn.

Also, Sony BMG Entertainment today has announced the creation of the "Transformers: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD," which will hit stores in November. Packed with exclusive special features to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the animated classic film, the DVD release is timed to the debut of a "Transformers" Classics line of figures. The DVD includes never-before-seen footage, exclusive interviews, interactive games and collectible packaging.

For more information, visit TransformersTheMovieDVD.com

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    the official site is up

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

it has a countdown to the release of the teaser trailer on it. pretty cool looking :cool:

24. DarthOrder66

DarthOrder66 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    If Micheal Bay screws this movie up, I will drag him in the street and put a bullet in his head. [face_plain]

25. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    [image=http://www.aintitcool.com/pics/tf-teaser.jpg]

Holy ****!!!

Allright, after I saw Tyrese in the cast, and saw that teaser poster....

This movie is going to ****ing rock!!! I mean, I was real pessimistic, but I have this feeling it's gonna surprise everybody and really kick ass.

And if they get the original voices plus some that sound like the original voices, this is REALLY gonna kick ass!!!

Megatron is tank, which makes sense. I was thinking, "how the hell are they going to have semi-realistic transformations and have him be a gun?

People I NEED to see in the movie:

-Soundwave
    -Ironhide
    -Optimus prime
    -Megatron
    -Starscream

At least three are for sure in it... I just REALLY hope I get the other two!!!

I seriously, seriously think this is gonna rock. Just imagine that car chase with Prime. Allright, they're weaving in and out... it's probably night time... they run into other cars... then they transform real fast and flip high in the air and hit each other... probably Prime gets knocked down and falls onto a few cars all at once, crushing them, but busts out the gun as he falls and fires at the Decepticon...

Awwwwwwwww yeah!!!!

Plus, every revealing moment is going to have that Ep. III Darth Vader helmet lowering feel to it if they do it right.

edit: Plus, this movie is SO close!!! I thought it wouldn't be out for at least another 6 months or something!! A month away!! This is awsome! From now on, I'm not anticipating any movies [except the flash] before they come out, that way it'll be a pleasant surprise. :p