main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Transformers movie

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Corro, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    CGI test from the official site:

http://www.transformersthemovie.com/video/cgitest.mov

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Saw the 'teaser' trailer - looks better than you think! (Dooks!)

3. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    If it takes this long for a transformer movie, then how long does it take for a movie about G.I.Joe?

4. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Visually may look good but if the story sucks then there is the big problem. Wonder what Singers doing maybe if the get him and not let the current team touch it anymore then we could have a good film.

5. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    The test looks really cool, but I can't see how this movie could possibly be any good. Nobody ever wants to see humans in a TF story (unless it's 'The Girl Who Loved PowerGlide'). You can't make a movie without humans. I love G1 and have no idea how this could possibly work. Prove me wrong Dreamworks!

6. ravencrow666

ravencrow666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    i think it looks great, and the reason they are taking so long is to make shur the movie look is on par

7. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Again if the story is done poorly then you have a bad movie and since they are messing with the original story that doesn't sound good to me. Sure it looks great but if that's it well..... .

8. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    That test rocks all kinds of roll. But as for story, I hear Michael Bay (the most arrogant, untalented hack in all of Hollywoodland) is slated to be the director, which makes me nervous to say the least.

9. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Justin you hit it right on the head my friend everyone be afraid be very very afraid.

10. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    Story is everything. I can overlook a bad acting performance, weak effects, crappy music or any other shortcoming if the story is great.

I don't have faith in this movie because like with most refinements/remakes/rehashes/relaunches/repeats/remilkings, the creators or at very least people who love or are extremely knowledgeable about the property are nowhere to be found.

I'll step up to defend Michael Bay as well! Sure I don't go to a Bay movie to expect to have some miraculous revalation about my life, or to have my eyes opened to some unknown world issue, or even to learn something. I go to have a damn good time. Bay never fails in delivering wicked car chases, amazing women, huge explosions, etc. Put a Michael Bay action scene beside a scene from almost any other director and tell me again he's untalented.

The really good thing about having Michael Bay on Transformers is that you know it will have a huge budget. That normally doesn't matter to me, but a movie like Transformers MUST have a ton of effects. Oh, and the car chases will be awesome :)

11. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I'd love to see a G.I. Joe movie, but my fears are that it would turn out to be a cheesefest/cameofest like Street Fighter did where they tried to fit EVERYTHING into the one movie... probably cause they knew there was no chance of a sequel...

12. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    A GI Joe flick is my dream as well... Street Fighter sucked for so many different reasons. Bad story. Bad actors. The biggest reason was that only one of the actors actually had any fighting experience!

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Okay, keep in mind here that it's TRANSFORMERS. You all watched the cartoon, right? The main theme in ALL of the episodes was a Decepticon plot to get Energon, in order to return to Cybertron. And YES, the 'humans' Spike and his dad weren't the greatest characters but they helped us relate to the 'bots. The plots in the stories weren't complex or captivating. The ONLY reason we watched the show was because WE LOVED to watch those damn robots TRANSFORM!!! It was the COOLEST thing.

I'm sure many of you have seen that Citroen commercial that hit Europe a few years back - it blew me away! They built a freakin' TRANSFORMER in live action and made it dance for pete's sake??!! It was the BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!!:eek: :D :-B (if you want to see it, pm me your email address and I'll send it you)

Even if they keep to those simple plot points but make the actual 'transforming' super cool (or even as good as that commercial), it'll be good enough for me!

14. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    Agreed. They gotta have Soundwave and the tapes! Please please please give us 5 minutes of Cybertron (at least)! I wonder if it will tie into the existing shows or are they starting fresh...?

15. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    'by Tech. Sgt. Larry A. Simmons
    Air Force Print News

7/11/2006 - SAN ANTONIO (AFPN) -- Lights, camera, action! Airmen at Holloman Air Force Base, N.M., home to the Air Force's only operational F-117 wing, got to experience a new kind of rush as Hollywood invaded their base.

The DreamWorks/Paramount Pictures live-action film "Transformers," set to release in July 2007, will feature several different aircraft including the F-117 Nighthawk from Holloman and the CV-22 Osprey from Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M. More than 300 Airmen participated as extras in the movie and providing logistical support during the filming.

"It's a thrill to know my face will be seen in a movie. It outweighs the long hours," said Airman 1st Class Mehtar Sullivan, an emergency management technician with the 49th Civil Engineer Squadron at Holloman.

While participating as extras in the movie, Airmen had to be on leave and available all day for shooting scenes. Some Airmen have speaking roles in the film. The days were long and sometimes lasted until early morning the next day.

"This was a great way to highlight what our mission is, what our people do and what our equipment does at no expense to the taxpayer," said Capt. Trisha Raynoha of the 49th Fighter Wing Public Affairs Office.

The production crew sent scouts to seven different Air Force bases and several Army installations before deciding on Holloman and the F-117 wing.

F-117s and the CV-22 Osprey are featured prominently in the movie as both static background and taxiing aircraft. Also featured will be the A-10 Thunderbolt II, C-17 Globemaster III, MH-53 Pave Low, HH-53 Super Jolly Green Giant, AC-130 Gunship, C-130 Hercules, MQ-1 Predator unmanned aerial vehicle and Air Force One.

"The CV-22 Osprey is scheduled to make its feature film debut in this movie, along with the F-22 Raptor," said 1st Lt. Christian Hodge, chief, industry relations, Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs entertainment liaison.

With the movie set in full swing, it gave Airmen a peek into Hollywood life and a moment in the spotlight.

"It has been a wonderful experience seeing how they actually make a movie and all the work that goes into it. It has been fun," said Airman 1st Class Toby Schultz from Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.

This is the largest movie project since "Black Hawk Down" to receive Department of Defense approval as selection is based on how accurately forces are portrayed. With Michael Bay as the director, known for his special effects-driven movies like "The Rock" and "Pearl Harbor," the approval was easy.

"We've worked with Michael Bay before; we like the way he operates. He understands how the military operates," said Army Lt. Col. Paul Sinor, lead public affairs representative for DOD'

Booyah!!

16. Tabularo

Tabularo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    Here's a link to a G4 clip with an interview with Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, the Producer, revealing some secrets of the upcoming film!

Watch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.