main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

transformers movie

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by captainjack77, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainjack77

captainjack77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2006
    hi all wats new been a while sorry workin loads. so what do we all think to the new transformers movie im not got great expectations i must admit but reviews seem to b good i hear optimus prime is now a fire engine but they do have the original cartton voices doin the film jus hopein it takes me bak to my child hood intrested to hera yopur thoughts .

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i have never seen the originals and tbh the trailer doesnt look great...
    i with hold judgement until their is a bigger trailer

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I'm taking it with a pinch of salt at the moment, simply because hollywood has problems bringing classic stuff back to the screen. You only have to look at their current track record.

However, just so you know, Optimus Prime is still a truck, not a fire engine, but he is now an american style long nose truck. The fire engine bit might come from the fact that he has flames painted along the side of the truck now.

However, I'm annoyed that Megatron is not going to be a gun, but some kind of alien jet fighter. I get that in today's American culture of not using guns at all this was the way they wanted to go, but it's a real dig at original fans.

And on top of that Bumblebee is not longer going to be a VW Beetle anymore, as VW do not want to be involved in a film about large battling robots. Shame really.

So, overall, I think it has potential, but I'm deeply worried that it's been over-americanised, and that hollywood will not succeed in bringing it back. But, fingers crossed.

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    This would interest Phill.

This is part of the email my mate sent me...
    And, what else... oh yeah, **** dude: we got to go hang out on the Transformers set for like four hours the other day. It was frigging amazing!! They sealed off four blocks and there were swat guys, army guys, bike chases, explosions, gunfire and everything! We were like twenty feet away watching Michael Bay direct it! (Hanging with Tyrese between takes and watching all the footage on Michael Bay's monitors as well!) It was definitely an highlight, man!
    What's not to love? [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.