main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Transformers question.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by SithMonger, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Is this the song to the movie or not?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LKI74Dd7eI

I think it kicks arse if it is. Even if it's not the glam 80s rock it maybe should be.

And one question that I need freakin answered that I've never understood - How in the heck was Megatron able to turn from a bot as big as Optimus Prime to a small gun? I don't get it! It's driven me crazy all these years! Someone please explain.

And, btw, I really can't wait for this flick. Even though it's not the cartoon we remember, the more I've seen of it, the more I like. Except for maybe Prime's mouth, but I guess it makes sense. Bay is trying to set this in reality as much as possible. It's why he had to go with the type of semi he did for Optimus because the flat nose semi didn't have enough mass create a large enough robot, and the trailer would add way too much. So I'm definitely taking those things in consideration and letting the awesomeness of it shine.
    (Of course, saying that, does anyone remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngLOIOSqRvg )

But I definitely don't like the look of Hasbro's new Transformers cartoon. It's crap. Have you seen it?
    http://www.comics2film.com/g/displayimage.php?album=32&pos=1
    And I hear the story is even worse! What's with all the disfigured artwork these days? Geesh!!

2. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    how megatron could turn into a small gun is plain and simple. They are an advanced civilization and have technology we don't understand and never could. I think the more pressing issue is where in the heck did prime's trailer go, but that can be answered in the same manner as the original question i suppose. Anyway, this movie is gonna be off the charts.

3. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    also, that is the theme for the movie which i'm sure i will grow to love, but we better get some stan bush or i am gonna be major pissed off.

4. willismaximus

willismaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    I thought the theme song was terrible . . . like Stan Bush on vallium. Reminds me too much of Linkin Park . . . which in turn makes me wanna just go home and kick my dog.

As far as the Megatron and Optimus issues; you see Bubba . . . there's this thing called "physics." I don't care how advanced your technology is, all that extra mass had to go *somewhere.* Therefore, lets just say that it was a show designed for kids, who the writers didn't think would really care about a silly little thing like "conservation of matter."

I have spoken. Go forth my children . . . and spread the good word.

5. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    For all of you excited about the Transformers movie, I have two words "Michael Bay". Nuff said. lol

As far as the Megatron size thing, that always bothered me even as a kid. I had a real problem with the scale of the Transformers even then. "So how is this formula one car bigger than this friggin tank?" "I think I'll go play with my G.I. Joes".

6. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    you cannot apply Earth physics to otherworld physics.If that was the case then TIE fighters shouldn't roar. Laser swords shouldn't clash and losing the will to live shouldn't be life threatning.I have always assumed that on Cybertron they had developed some type of shrinking/enlarging ability. Thats not such a weird concept and one that easily explains both problems.

7. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    According to the Transformers Handbooks, The size change is caused by "folding" the metal plates that comprise Megatron, Soundwave, Blaster ect. are specially designed to "fold" in on themselves and compress to a much smaller size. Also works in reverse seeing as how Jetfire/Skyfire, Skylynx and Astrotrain were the same size as everybody else but when in vehicle mode could carry the others.

8. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Yep, that's the theme song,, and yeah, that's what the next animated series is going to look like. Crap like that makes me wonder how much longer I can stand collecting the stuff. [face_frustrated]

9. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Hey everyone, can't wait to see Transformers. As far as the Megatron shifting into a tiny gun, I always heard it was called "mass-reduction technology." Valhalla's right about the plates folding in on each other. One additional thing I heard was that transformers make use of all empty space when transforming; even the space between atoms, neutrons, protons, and electrons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.