main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania TRANSFORMERS!!! the live action movie tests.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Maybe Mr Average won't notice exactly what's wrong, but on a big screen, it'll usually be anough to not quite seel it, even if you don't know why.

Which should have included mass and physics.

2. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    That's why I turn to you guys Sithy and SoE!

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I think of Sith and SOE as the Morpheus and Trinity of our time. "There's something...wrong with the clip. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind...driving you mad..."

:D :D :D :D

4. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    :_| :_| That is the funniest thing I've read all year!

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    You're correct Mike ;)
    Except Sith and I KNOW what's wrong with the clip :)

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    And SoE really fills out that PVC catsuit...

Now, where were we?

If you want a good example of the piss poor comprehension (Almost as bad as the typos in my previous post) ILm has of dynamics such as weight, mass and environmental interaction, look no further than Anakin riding the creatures in the "Sound of Music" shot in Clones.

It also says a lot about their creature design. That animal would not be able to support itself on those stick legs.

Just for another example about design of such creatures, who has the Ronto toy? Are you able to make it stand up by itself without the weight of the Jawa figures on it's back? No?

Think about it...

7. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Those creatures always remind me of fleas for some reason, with the whole huge abdomen thing.
    Fleas have better equipped legs, though.

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I don't have to think. I just rely on an EU trekkie to provide an explanation for ILM and George's breaches of Einstein, Newton, and Heisenberg. "Oh, the fleabeasts on Naboo? They have an organic gravity stabiliser that, like, makes them able to stand up. Oh, and they have a second heart to power their oversized brain, which is somewhere up around their excremental orifice."

:D

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    You know, it was an even money bet who would post first, an EU zealot "correcting" me on how they work, or someone parodying them. :)

10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Only took me one hour and 18 minutes to do so, too.

:D :D

11. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I always assumed that the Cow thingies on Naboo were filled with a Gas in their huge butts, allowing them to movie freely.

Meh. It's all wiggedy whack.

12. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I always just assumed that it was a fantasy movie with several elements that seem far-fetched for us earth-bound mortals and that's what made it 'fantasy'.

I would like to comment that lightsabres are completely unfeasible. :p

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Yes but they some what (only in the OT) LOOKED possible.

14. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Then of course there's the asteroid shaped as a shoe, but that's another story :p

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I still expect a certain realism and believability in what I'm watching. I can accept sounds in space in a sci-fi as much as I can accept creatures of light. But if someone drops something on a planet, I expect it to fall down to the ground given a lack of explanation otherwise beforehand.

"It's fantasy" or "it's a movie" is no excuse for shoddy physics and animation in digital characters from the effects house that claims to be the leading edge in it's field.

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    It's funny that an 'amature' VFX house can make a cave troll looks heavy and realistic yet the 'leading' VFX house who invented the technology and was first in the game can't even get an armoured (no skin visable) motioncaptured clone trooper to look real.
    *sigh*
    Ahwell I blame Lucas...not the ILM supervisors.

17. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Naturally, it's the director who OKs stuff as a final product for printing into the dit...

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Not only that, he keeps giving them more work than they can handle and the go-ahead to experiment technology using his films.
    No films should use experimental technology.
    Test shots are for experiments...not films.

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Agreed, you perfect things "off screen" then you show the audience the final product.

You don't boast that you have a break through in digital animation by having a main character completely digitally animated, give him an annoying voice, unbelievable physical characteristics and movement physics, give him centre stage at innapropriate moments during serious sequences of a much anticipated film, only to be upstaged a little later by a completely CGI character done right who is totally believeable and given life by an actual human in a much better film done by a comparitively unkown film production company churning out a trilogy that eclipses your latest effort to follow up your groundbreaking trilogy you fluked into success25 years before.

Ok, I'm done bagging ILM over the much superior WETA now, I still have to look the creature and droid designers from the PT in the face socially...

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    The main content of that post is possibly the longest sentence I've ever seen.

:D

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Incidentally, go here if you doubt the fact the Transformers are coming back on 4 July 2007...

22. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Aside from the ones some of your clients recieve. :p

23. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
  24. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    [ego]Not when I'm appearing on their behalf. :D[/ego]

25. Shadow_of_Evil