main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Transformers] Wicked Pissah--The Autobots, the humans and the MLB--RK_Striker_JK_5 b-day fic

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DarthIshtar, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Author's note: For anyone who is confused, shortly after watching Transformers 2, I wrote a funny little fic called "The Daily Buzz" about the autobots having a blog and Sam's roommates finding out. A year and a couple of months later, that vignette has 19 chapters, two co-authors, 18 supplemental stories added to the 'verse and is a collaborative project called The Botosphere. I tried writing this fic for RK_Striker_JK_5 in a number of ways and finally found my muse in the form of one of Bumblebee's blog posts. Here we have his plot bunny--the autobots are Red Sox fans. Camaro76 is Bumblebee. Bikerchick is Arcee. Spitfire and Survivor are Sarah and Will Lennox. NotTheToothFairy is Ironhide. NurseRatched is Ratchet. BeeFF is Mikaela. (Sam isn't in on the blog yet.) S&M are Skids and Mudflap. Optimust is...Optimus Prime. BrassEagle is General Morshower.
    GOOD TIMES NEVER SEEMED SO GOOD

Happiness is many things. It's a new paint job. It's your favorite song on the radio. It's a long drive defying the speed limit.

And lately, it's baseball. I never thought I'd get hooked on a local custom, but there's something addictive about this whole thing. I'm tuned in to the AL, NL, I know about DH's and RBI's. I understand the ERA and the difference between the ALDS and the ALCS. It's a lot of acronyms, but it's lots of fun. I know some of you have been tuning in since Spring training, but if you don't have a team yet, BoSox FTW. Our boys are headed for the World Series!

Comments:

Spitfire: And here I thought the out-of-towners wouldn't turn into stereotypical sports nuts.

BikerChick: Don't tell me Survivor partakes.

Survivor: Only to keep my best friend happy. He's not religious about anything other than the Dodgers.

Camaro76: Burn. He can't be happy about them losing to the Rockies this year.

Survivor: Oh, no, I'm not discussing this any more. I went into sensory deprivation after they got knocked out of the playoffs running. Now I'll just be happy when the dang thing's over and I can catch some Lakers games instead.

S&M: Word, bro. Dem Lakers bring some major whoop-[censored by Moderator]. Dey be our homies.

Survivor: For once, I agree with you.

Spitfire: It's a dark day for planet earth when my husband agrees with the twins.

Survivor: Shhh, don't tell the boss.

Camaro76: Speaking of which, where is he?

Optimust: Sitting on the sidelines of your new hobby. How exactly did you discover this new passion?

Camaro76: If you have to know, it was the Mrs.

BeeFF: You think he's funny here, you should hear his commentary on the games.

Optimust: The Mrs. allows you in the living room for the games?

Camaro76: The Mrs. doesn't know I've been following along. She's a recreational fan.

NurseRatched: I thought they all were.

BeeFF: No, he means she watches baseball as a drinking game. Her and my man's Dad, too. It's kind of embarrassing.

NotTheToothFairy: Human embarrassment? Bring it on.

BeeFF: I might have to get some video for blackmail. They start out with reasonable rules like "Take a drink any time someone steals a base" and by the end, they're calling them the Boston Redskins and yelling "FORE!" every time someone hits the ball.

NotTheToothFairy: *facepalm*

BikerChick: THIS is why you haven't filed a report in a week?

Camaro76: Come on. I'd tell you if someone blew up. We've all earned a little R&R this year. And this is an epic battle between good and evil.

Optimust: So I've heard. "Red Sox Nation" refers to their adversaries as the Evil Empire and there is an entire musical involving the occult and "Damn Yankees."

Camaro76: Nice to see you're keeping up to speed, boss. I assume you're a BoSox fan?

Optimust: If nothing else because Ortiz, Ramirez, Ellsburry and Varitek are easier to pronounce than Tulowitzki, Matsui, Apodaca and Harikkala. I have researched the Red Sox and was impressed by their fortitude in "reversing the Curse" three years ago. I support them this year and intend to do so next year.

Camaro76: Good call.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh][face_laugh]=D==D=[:D]

Thank you SO much for this. Absolutely perfect, here. Morshower's a Yankee's fan? Sure he's not a Pretender? ;) Awesome-awesome!

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Glad you enjoyed. I don't know what was more fun--writing this or getting all the facts lined up. I knew plenty about the teams in the playoffs, but not the records. And Morshower just has that dry awesomeness of a NewYorker. I think he's great, but he has to have a flaw, so he's a Yankees fan.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.