main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Transformers!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay after seeing more footage it LOOKS really good. However it still may suck rocks. Either way Megan Fox is a stone cold FOX! When are we seeing this?!

Check it out:
    http://www.autobotsrollout.com/

RSA NOTE: Locked at CR's Request

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Well it opens on Wednesday July 4th. I'm not gonna see it though. I hated the original series and the toys.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, that's one extra seat available. Ming, I guess we can keep our eyes open when the first screenings will be. Are you up for a midnight show during the week? I'll try to find out from Metreon.

4. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'm going to the midnite screening, however i might just go to amc bay street in emeryville.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    What extra seat? I'm confused... Anyway, I'm not too sure midnight would be good for me. What about the weekend? I am in no rush to see this thing.

Rob? You hated the toys?! WTH?! Those were the best! The dinobots were the awesomest! I always want Devastator too, all the construtobots that form the huge robot! That was sweet. Those toys where the best thing to come out of the 80s with exception of ESB and ROTJ and Indy of course. haha...

6. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I am Optimus Prime!!!

I'll probably catch it during the weekend.

Robert must be a GoBots guy ;)

7. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Macross!

...well Robotech before I discovered the original versions. And a little bit of Gundam. But generally wasn't much of a mecha otaku. I was big into Yamato and Captain Harlock(of course).
    Nope, never liked them. Of course I was in my 20s at the time too. Never bought or was even interested in action figures really until after 30.

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Ah... when dinosaurs rules the earth.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Showtimes at Metreon with IMAX:

7/2 (Mon) 8 pm, 12 am

7/3 (Tue) 12:30, 3:40, 7:00, 10:20

7/4 (Wed) 12:30, 3:40, 7:00, 10:20

So, when does everyone want to go? I can do Monday anytime or Tuesday 10:20 pm. Now I gotta go to Costco SF to get those 1/2 off passes.

10. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'll prolly go tuesday at 1020pm. my amc at bay street doesnt have a midnight screening.

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, the above times are what is on Fandango, but then I called Metreon to confirm and they said that it's NOT going to be playing in IMAX. :confused:

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    That's because Harry Potter will be in IMAX 3D a week after Transformers opens

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I can do monday in the afternoon or evening or whatever.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, let's shoot for Monday at 8 pm. If that's sold out, then Tuesday at 10:20 pm. I'll get my tickets tomorrow.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    We are talking about the Metreon right? I'll ask Rach if she can pick me up one for monday but I dunno about tuesday 10pm... I have a job you know? haha

16. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just bought our tickets for the 8pm show on Monday at Metreon in Theater #13. Even though some shows will be in the IMAX screen, it will be a regular-sized print, not like Spidey 3.

17. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I loved the cartoon and the old toys! Had Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and various tapes, Bumblebee, the ambulence (can't remember his name). I had the Constructicons, and one that transformed into a purple and gray gun. My cousin had all the dinobots and Optimus Prime. Fun toys.

I'm waiting on the movie tho. I'm kinda not so down with a few things.

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Aw... You had the Constucticons?! Lucky! Could you make Devastator??? Your cousin had the dinbots and Optimus too? Where were you people when I was 6!

19. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Well, I was living in Turlock, and my cousin in San Jose. Not too far away. And my cousin Eric is actually only several months older than you....could've been playmates, but still kinda too far apart. I was just the right age at the first gen zenith. It premiered in '84 when I was 7, and continued being popular till about '87. Then, it moved on to TMNT, didn't it? My brother and cousin liked those too, but I was starting to grow out of toys by that time. I still enjoyed the cartoon however, and used to draw the Turtles. ;)

I am glad from noticing in the Transformers trailers that they have kept the original transforming sound. That's pretty cool. And at one point there's a little girl walking up to the edge of a swimming pool, unmistakenly holding a stuffed toy of a My Little Pony. I feel like my childhood is happening right before my eyes with this movie, except it's morphed! Kind of surreal. Ahh, to be an 80s kid. Those were sweet days. :)

But I'm no fan of Michael Bay. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, yeah. I had all the contructicons, so I was able to make Devastator. I don't even know what happened to those toys exactly. I knew for sure what happened to my Star Wars toys tho. Those were my favorite in a different kind of way, but I always had the most fun with the transformers. They were so the best, and great fun to play with.

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    An early review (not from a critic, but from TF.N):

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/TFN_Movie_Review_Transformers_107116.asp

21. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    The only transformers I clearly remember were the CGI cartoons of the animals that turned into robo killing machines that was on when I was little. The leader of the good guys was a gorrila...that's all I remember.

As for this movie, I won't be seeing it, because it looks like another CGI loaded action fest...not something I could emotionally invest in or be entertained by.

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey Brit, you're recalling the later reincarnation of Transformers called "Beast Wars". It was... interesting.

23. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Beast Wars is TINO...tranformers in name only. That aint the transformers. But this movie seems to be getting good reactions from audiences. I love generation 1 tho.

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Sweeeeeeeeeeet....

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I heard Micheal Bay is gonna do GI Joe next! Can anyone confirm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.