San Fran, CA Transformers!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    im working the All Star game volunteer (i got selected to volunteer the celebrity all star game)night on tuesday night till 930pm. looks like i'll just see transformers after either at metreon or bay street on my way home.
  2. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    i'm in for 800pm showing at metreon tomorrow. i'll see u guys there.
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    It was great! Lots of action and a decent story. Not all to much to think about so it's totally just a fun movie to watch (thus you'd hate it Robert). The visuals are spectacullar and it's got some funny humor. The autobots steal the show! If you liked the series when you were young then transform and roll out to see it!

Next time, one word: dinobots!
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Even as a casual fan when the series came out, I must say this movie rocks! It's just what a popcorn summer should be. From all the talk in the theater beforehand, there were some fans who were skeptical and prejudging the film, (as well as the next Batman, Iron Man, etc.) before they even saw it - sound familiar? ;) But everyone was applauding many times during the film, and the last of three scenes at the beginning of the credits leads you to believe "there is another". :D

And Megan Fox can fix my car anytime! [face_love] Man! Something about green-eyed brunettes! ;)
  5. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    this is by far my favorite movie of the year.i had a blast watching it with u guys!i can't believe they left out soundwave from the movie! oh well there's always part 2 (and 3 and 4 and 5). next up GI JOE!!!! hopefully not the dreaded "Go Bots".
    yeah Megan Fox can work on my car too! In fact service is due for my g35.
  6. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    It looks like "Transformers 2" is a go! One of the writers has said that he'll try his best to bring in the Dinobots and Constructicons as well. :-B
  7. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    YAY!!!!!!! GRIMLOCK! SWOOP! SNARL! SLAG! SLUDGE! DEVASTATOR!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Someone I know saw it in LA and apparently, they had all the Autobot cars there! Hopefully, they'll be there at the annual car show in SF this fall. [face_praying]
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Definetly gonna have to go to the car show this year! Besides I gotta pick up some stuff for Cara.
  10. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I saw Transformers tonight out of morbid curiousity. I didn't pay for it, and am incredibly glad for it. The only good thing about this movie was that a few of the transformers looked okay, and Optimus Prime had a good voice. Other than that I feel the movie did a huge disservice to its audience. The story was very subversive to American culture, and the human characters were of the lowest common denominator. And I don't mean Shia Labeouf's character either. In fact his character wasn't any good either, but he did a good job for what he had to work with. So, although what I just said might not seem like a positive from me, it actually is. He did a good job. But the movie itself only has those redeeming qualities of sort of okay robots, good voice from Prime, and Shia showed true care in a poor movie. Steven Spielberg may have been behind the producing and directing of a few questionable films in his career, but I feel he should be downright embarrassed at this one. He didn't direct it, but still. Awful movie. The story contributes to the dumbing down of society. It can be seen as a fun summer movie, and a fantasy, but you watch enough of this drivel, and acknowledge to yourself that the story is not to be taken all that seriously, but it will take its toll over time. F- is my grade. People aren't dumb, and don't deserve this retarded of a story.
  11. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Also, to add after my original posting. This is not inspired by the fact that I watched and enjoyed the generation 1 cartoon as a kid. Those stories were pretty superficial, but it was not insulting to one's intelligence.
  12. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    Were the cars 07' or 08' models?
  13. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes it's true! I dont' know what model year the vehicles are, especially the Camaro, which isn't out yet. Here's a pic of me and Optimus Prime!.
    Here's my friend, Skyryder's gallery of pics. My other pics look the same as these.
    The vehicles are on display at the Arclight Cinemas on Sunset Blvd. until this Sunday.

Sorry for the intrusion. I still lurk here out of habit from my RSA days.[face_whistling]
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I believe the Camaro is set for 2009. Thanks for sharing the pics, Matt. Do you know if the Autobots will be at Comic-Con?
  15. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't know if the vehicles will be there for Comic-Con. Only one security guard was watching the cars, and he didn't know anything about anything. They were cool to see though. The Camaro looked like a non-functional concept car. The only Autobot that wasn't there was Jazz (Pontiac Solstice). None of the vehicles transformed while we were there.;)
  16. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4

Ummm... that was the ORIGINAL voice of Optimus. You're all for the OG right? hehe

Ummm.... it is a fun summer move and fantasy... and I seriously doubt anyone will take it seriously enough to make them stupid. Nostalgia is nice and all but sometime we just want to see something blow up. I love watching stuff blow up (we has some cool stuff on July 4th yo!). It's cool because fire is one of the primitive dumbing down things that everyone likes. Fire rules! So that's why I like the movie. My expectations were this: I wanted to hear the transforming sound and I wanted stuff to blow up. Megan Fox was a bonus... :p Criteria check complete! Glorious...

Lastly... we are watching a movie about robots that turn into cars that save the world from these other robots that change into military vehicles... I hope no one is hoping for Shakespeare here because that's aiming a little high. I use to love the OG cartoon but I also loved throwing rice at my sister, actually... I still like doing that... regardless! tastes change when I see those old cartoon now... HOLY CRAP! It had some terrible dialouge and stories... This movie was a drastic improvement! Also: freedom is the right of all sentient beings! YEAH!
  17. StarSmuggler Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW!! I honestly have to say...this movie was awful!! At least Anne and I paid for Sicko so Michael Moore got two cents instead of Michael Bay....the first half of this crappy film was a teen flick, complete with the pretty, mindless airhead as the love interest. The second half was just as stupid, IMO, but a stupid action movie instead.

I liked Optimus Prime, but the transformers weren't the main feature of the film, IMO...and the "ghetto" transformer was a pathetic attempt at humor, along with most of the other jokes in the movie...

I'm with Skye- F-------
  18. StarSmuggler Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish Opitmus Primal had made a cameo...maybe the film would have been an F with one less minus... :p

Good One!!! Hahaha!!
  19. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I didn't really have a problem with the action. I just don't see the need to make the characters and story so bad. The way the government people were portrayed. The military. A lot of the regular characters. But this is just my opinion, obviously not anyone elses.
  20. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    StarSmuggler and skye_solo: Thanks! You just made me win $5! [face_laugh]

"We're the 'F-' Side of The Force"
  22. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    What? Did you bet we would not like Transformers? If so, great move, and congrats! :)
  23. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I know that was the original voice of Prime. I watched Transformers from pretty much the start as a kid.

I am so glad I didn't give Michael Bay any money the other day. And if I hadn't been tricked into going to see The Island I wouldn't have contributed to him 2 years ago. Actually I wasn't tricked. I just was taken to the movie, but had agreed to see a movie so therefore I did the right thing and paid. Such is life. But Michael Bay should really be relegated to working on action sequences/spfx and not allowed to helm anything as a director. Does a @#$% poor job at it. [face_beatup]
  24. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    What was the bet Matt?! What was it? Huh? Huh? Huh?! hehe
  25. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Harlock415/Misc/td070616bm8.gif]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.