Read, PA Transformers

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pugglethelesser, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    The wife and I took the kids to see the new Transformers movie. I liked it. Not exactly Oscar material, but a good way to spend two hours. At one point my wife told me I was drooling over Megan Fox. I told her, don't kid yourself. I'm drooling over the Camaro.
  2. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =P~

What about Megan Fox IN the Camaro?
  3. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    HAHAHAHA [face_laugh]

Yeah, the Camaro sure was nice... I'm more of a Mustang girl myself though.

*cough* I'll admit that I was a total nerd and went to the midnight showing of Transformers... [face_blush]

I liked it a lot. I thought the plot line was well laid out, and most of the characterizations were pretty well done. I disliked the fact that they made Sam's parents out to be total idiots, and then all of the excessive crude humor got annoying. Gosh, people in the theatre weren't even laughing at it, so I don't know why the screenwriters thought it was so necessary.

For me, though, the best part was pulling up to the movie theatre and having the masses go wild when they saw my car. You have no idea how many people started jumping up and down screaming, "Look!! It's Bumblebee!!" <--- Link to Raya's pic.

LOL, so yeah, they're off with the make of the car, but she's still cool enough to be Bumblebee's girlfriend at least. :D

4. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nah, she's a pretty girl, but I would venture she's more maintenance than the car.
  5. C0rr4n-H0rn Jedi Knight

I went to go see the movie but the projector crapped out and we ended up leaving having seen 5 minutes of movie. Am I in a better place because of this?
  6. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually, the movie is no better nor worse than the first one.
  7. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok, Stacy.. I love my wife, but are you really taking the Camaro over Megan Fox!!! [face_shame_on_you]

I haven't :):ducks from the flying objects being thrown at me::) seen it yet. I heard that it wasn't as good as the first one and I REALLY enjoyed the first one.. Will it be a let down, folks?

Btw.., am I the only one REALLY looking forward to GI Joe!? It could be total crap and I will HAVE to see it!
  8. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Rob, you're not the only one looking forward to G.i. Joe. :D I'm fairly psyched about it myself, and am looking forward to seeing Dennis Quaid in a new movie.

I think the fact that Dennis Quaid has been cast is a good indicator of how good the movie will be, because he seems to be pretty picky about the films he does.
  9. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not really looking forward to G.I. Joe, but I am looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie. I'm also looking forward to next summer. I'd like to see the Avatar movie. I've watched the tv series with my kids for the last few years, and I always thought it was pretty good.
  10. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yep, I stand by my statement. Very pretty girl, but I'll bet money that she's more maintenance than the car.
  11. Lord_Lahmien Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm I the only one who is already over Megan Fox(and Shia for that matter)? Tranformers 2 was a good summer movie, I think as long as you take the movies as their on story and not true to connect them in anyway to the orginal cartoon you can enjoy them. Lots of good chuckles, JetFire is hilarious.

Now if I had to say there was one cartoon I grew up on it would be G.I. Joe! There has never been or ever will be a better line of toys that one. I had almost ever figure, vehicle and base (still have remenants of the Terrordome and the General in my mom's basement) this is the movie I have been waiting for all my life! Ok, a bit over dramatic but you understand. I only worry that there will be way too much Marlon Wayans and not enough Ray Park(SnakeEyes) and no Road Block at all.
  12. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Caught a matinee this week and saw it. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. It was good, don't get me wrong, although I was 'creeped out' and 'excited' at the same time [face_hypnotized] when the robot tail came out of from the transformer chick's (edit).. Ok, back to the movie.. I just thought the first one was so much better.

Also, am I alone with being annoyed with the two autobots with the semi-crude hip-hop humor? To me, it was unnecessary and started to get a bit on tired stereotypes. Were they trying to reach another audience..? Of course, I get that.. But at the price of the movie, I though it could have been left out..

All in all, Star Trek is the best thing I saw this year so far..

Rob

13. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Nope, you're not alone Rob. I wasn't thrilled with those two autobots either. I thought the crude humor was over all very excessive, and I thought the way they portrayed Sam's parents was very disrespectful. So it was disappointing in that regard, especially since no one in our packed theatre was even laughing at it. It makes me wonder what crowd they were trying to target?

Yes! Star Trek was fabulous!! All around a great movie, and I thought the way they worked in the time travel was exceptionally creative! It left endless possibilities for future movies!

~Celeste
  14. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, my kids laughed at the humor. They thought it was goofy/silly. So I guess it did reach it's target audience.
  15. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    When the humor needed to swear for a laugh, it lost me.., especially for kids.., but I don't want to sound like an 'old fuddy duddy" (OMG, did I actually use that phrase.., I am old..) 8-}

Rob
  16. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who are you kidding ? You ARE old. Old and moldy.......lol
  17. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    You young whippersnapper! 8-}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.