Discussion Transition between trilogies - from the physical to the spiritual

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Darth Cornish, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, and I would not object to force ghosts who offer council such as they have in the established saga. Direct involvement, I do not favor.
  2. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    How about the Jedi Council allowing Force Ghosts to become members of the Council?
    Last edited by Garrett Atkins, Mar 16, 2013
  3. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it is possible that Luke and the gang could be fighting a "physical" threat, while Ghost Anakin and/or Obi-Wan took care of the "spiritual" threat.
    Episode Swag and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    I just want things to remain a bit mysterious. I don't want every aspect of the force explained, and that includes force users and force ghosts. I already know what I need to.
  5. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    The midiclorians was bad enough. Hopefully they learned from that mistake
    KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    "Master Luke we've been getting some complaints from the Force Ghosts. They can't seem to sit in their chairs for some reason."
    Darth Chiznuk and Garrett Atkins like this.
  7. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    With Lucas stepping down, we may get our wish.
    Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  8. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Doesn't happen.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    Did you understand it?
  10. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah. I just wish there was a horror film with a happy ending dammit!
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    Lol
  12. Episode Swag Jedi Master

star 1
    I hope we get to see something like the Mortis trilogy from the CW cartoon. That was a very interesting metaphor for all things related to the force. And yet it still felt very mysterious after the episodes were done. I'd love to see something like this in the ST. The only thing similar to this in the movies in any respect is the cave scene in Empire.
    TheManFromMortis likes this.
  13. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    They did say that Mortis and the cave are related...
  14. Episode Swag Jedi Master

star 1
    That's great! It would be awesome to see more of that stuff though. The force is a very spiritual thing, and so I'd love to see more scenes like it!
  15. darthtuttle Force Ghost

star 4
    There will probably be more force nexi at places of significance in the history of the jedi and sith. The villain might even try to stop the jedi from gaining knowledge.
  16. TheManFromMortis Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    _ _ _ _

I loved those episodes and do hope that they re-visit some of the questions and issues raised in that story arc in the ST.
  17. Jcuk Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just my opinion, but i thought the Mortis CW story was rubbish. I'm all for having force sensitive locations but not like that. Some dude changes into a giant bat while his sister looks like she belongs in a Mario computer game. And the old sage who's their father that looks like he's from the Ming dynasty. Yeah yeah Anakin got a glimpse of what his future may hold (yawn) but the whole thing was a mess (sorry)
  18. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    Maybe not the tone of the trilogy itself, but a plot point regarding the Force and immortality could change from physical to spiritual.

PT - we learn that certain beings can retain their identity in the Force. Some are looking for physical immortality.
    OT - Ben and Yoda both do retain their identities. Yoda says he's not strong enough in the Force to prevent himself from dying.

maybe

ST - Luke learns the Force Ghost trick from Ben and Yoda between trilogies (just like they learned it from Jinn between trilogies), only this time Luke is strong enough to either be physically immortal or give his Force Ghost a corporeal form to interact with the physical world as tossed around in the early drafts of Jedi.
  19. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 4
    That's a great idea! Reminds me of Return of the King and the Ghost Army/skeleton army that was awakened by Aragorn! I like the general progression through the trilogies, too. To add, I heard that Qui-Gon could only breakthrough using his voice, that's why you never see his forceghost.In the second trilogy you see Ghosts.
    Darth_Cornish likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    "I heard"...

Somebody really needs to shut down Supershadow's site.
    Vthuil likes this.
  21. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    I'd prefer Luke to be a flawed mortal instead of some sort of immortal force god. It's really hard to connect to someone if he is too powerful.
  22. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 4
    Was that where that came from?
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  24. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    [IMG]
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Half of the OPs on the first page are like attempts at Inception.