main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Transition between trilogies - from the physical to the spiritual

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Cornish, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Yes, and I would not object to force ghosts who offer council such as they have in the established saga. Direct involvement, I do not favor.

2. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    How about the Jedi Council allowing Force Ghosts to become members of the Council?

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think it is possible that Luke and the gang could be fighting a "physical" threat, while Ghost Anakin and/or Obi-Wan took care of the "spiritual" threat.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I just want things to remain a bit mysterious. I don't want every aspect of the force explained, and that includes force users and force ghosts. I already know what I need to.

5. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    The midiclorians was bad enough. Hopefully they learned from that mistake

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Master Luke we've been getting some complaints from the Force Ghosts. They can't seem to sit in their chairs for some reason."

7. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    With Lucas stepping down, we may get our wish.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  8. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Doesn't happen.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Did you understand it?

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah. I just wish there was a horror film with a happy ending dammit!

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lol

12. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I hope we get to see something like the Mortis trilogy from the CW cartoon. That was a very interesting metaphor for all things related to the force. And yet it still felt very mysterious after the episodes were done. I'd love to see something like this in the ST. The only thing similar to this in the movies in any respect is the cave scene in Empire.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They did say that Mortis and the cave are related...

14. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    That's great! It would be awesome to see more of that stuff though. The force is a very spiritual thing, and so I'd love to see more scenes like it!

15. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    There will probably be more force nexi at places of significance in the history of the jedi and sith. The villain might even try to stop the jedi from gaining knowledge.

16. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I loved those episodes and do hope that they re-visit some of the questions and issues raised in that story arc in the ST.

17. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Just my opinion, but i thought the Mortis CW story was rubbish. I'm all for having force sensitive locations but not like that. Some dude changes into a giant bat while his sister looks like she belongs in a Mario computer game. And the old sage who's their father that looks like he's from the Ming dynasty. Yeah yeah Anakin got a glimpse of what his future may hold (yawn) but the whole thing was a mess (sorry)

18. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Maybe not the tone of the trilogy itself, but a plot point regarding the Force and immortality could change from physical to spiritual.

PT - we learn that certain beings can retain their identity in the Force. Some are looking for physical immortality.
    OT - Ben and Yoda both do retain their identities. Yoda says he's not strong enough in the Force to prevent himself from dying.

maybe

ST - Luke learns the Force Ghost trick from Ben and Yoda between trilogies (just like they learned it from Jinn between trilogies), only this time Luke is strong enough to either be physically immortal or give his Force Ghost a corporeal form to interact with the physical world as tossed around in the early drafts of Jedi.

19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    That's a great idea! Reminds me of Return of the King and the Ghost Army/skeleton army that was awakened by Aragorn! I like the general progression through the trilogies, too. To add, I heard that Qui-Gon could only breakthrough using his voice, that's why you never see his forceghost.In the second trilogy you see Ghosts.

Darth_Cornish likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "I heard"...

Somebody really needs to shut down Supershadow's site.

Vthuil likes this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I'd prefer Luke to be a flawed mortal instead of some sort of immortal force god. It's really hard to connect to someone if he is too powerful.

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Was that where that came from?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Half of the OPs on the first page are like attempts at Inception.