main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TRANSITION TO VADER: "The neat little thing"

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by TEXAS, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXAS

TEXAS Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    TRANSITION TO VADER: "The neat little thing"

"The scene where Anakin does actually become Vader is pretty good [as written in Lucas? Episode III outline]. I mean, I like it. It?s a little in the vocabulary of?
    the 1930s and 1940s... It?s a pretty neat little thing..."

Knowing that the 30's and 40's are definitly a major source of inspiration for the craft of a Starwars film, in what sense do you think this motto could have an impact on the way Anakin's transformation to Vader occurs?

2. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Thats interesting but i really hope it doesn't happen. I like twists but not ones that ruin things, I like ones that make you go "ooooh" not "noooo". But hey my theory is no better than yours.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    WHY DO YOU THINK ANAKIN SOUNDS SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN VADER ? The breathing device around his neck...i don't think so.

I think so.

-SWIG

4. Darth-Jerec

Darth-Jerec Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    No,no,no and NOOOOO......

Really bad idea...

Think, when Kenobi states that Vader is more a machine, he means that the body that's left of Anakin is only supported by that machine...

Don't you think that's a very important issue to be left out of ROTJ?

Vader states in ROTJ that the name Anakin and not Dooku no longer means anything to him...

And may I tell you that Frankenstein idea of yours is too twisted,even for the evil twisted mind of Sidious...

5. DARTH_BRASH

DARTH_BRASH Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    Actually people who have throat cancer have to speak through something called a vocoder, because they can no longer use their voice box to create sound. Anakin will use one, but he will design it to sound deeper so it will be more intimidating to his enemies. Will he base it on Dooku's voice? Absolutely. I think though that Vader will be mostly robotic. Whatever is left of Anakin will be fused with droid parts. I do think Anakin bases his vader costume on Dookus costume. The chain isn't the only similarity, look at Dooku's belt, and his boots.

6. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    Darth-Jerec
    What do u think GL means by "so dark and desperate that it might be the least succesful of all 6 movies"
    I didn't say that it would be shown or that it would be graphic, i only thought that if it was made in 1935, it could be done in 2005.
    American Graffitti was an hommage to a certain era (the 60')
    The OT (The western, the Saturday matinee serials and Flash Gordon 70')
    Now we're talkin' 30' & 40', It sounds completely logical coming from GL.

7. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I think GL said something like episode three is gonna be the style of those movies not a remake.

8. Darth-Jerec

Aug 16, 2002
    Still, that fact implies that Vader has traces of Dooku's personnality in him and that would change all that we see in ESB and ROTJ...

That would change is behaviour and atitudes towards Luke.
    If Vader had traces of Dooku's persona in him I belive he would never awnser to the name Anakin again but he did in ROTJ, also he would never be able to return from the dark side, and again, he did...

9. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't see why he introduced Dooku if his character doesn't have some kind of an impact on the OT ?
    Darth-Jerec
    Did you hear Dooku asking OB1 to join him
    "Together we will control the Sith"
    Doesn't it sound like something Vader would say. Listen to his tone, the way it's jerkky, not quite british, not yankee, this really unique voice. i heard that Lee has a voice coach for his role as Dooku/Darth Tyrannus. Listen to him as Sarouman in LOTR, and compare to him in AOTC.
    He sounds just like Vader.
    It wouldn't be a remake, just an hommage to the first Science-Fiction movies ever created. GL loves the idea of recycling what already is part of history.
    Anakin will die in Ep.III, i'm positive (in my opinion)
    "I will learn how to keep people from dying"
    Do you think this was just a line like that with no weight, no consequence on the Saga.
    Ah c'on! I will not post anything else in a long time, i usually prefer participating on other' people's threads, but i coudn't resist. I could bet that this is going to be THE twist in the coming episode.

10. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Oh, I'm sure he does have and impact of some sort on the OT. It's just not that his dead body is mixed with Anakin's to create Vader.

-SWIG

11. DARTH_BRASH

Aug 26, 2002
    Well, his impact could be giving the Death Star plans to Palpatine. Oh, and bringing about the Clone Wars which effectivly bring about the rise of the Empire.

Just a thought.

12. Darth-Jerec

Aug 16, 2002
    We are all trying to find that out...

Dooku has a purpose and a meaning, and an important one... What it is in detail i can't tell you but you can wonder about his relationship with Sidious or the fact that he is the leader of a very convinient rebellion...

He also choped Anakin's arm off, that also makes you wonder....

13. Darth-Jerec

Aug 16, 2002
    Just because my opinion,, and others, doesn't go along with yours doesn't mean that yours doesn't have any value...On the contrary...

We are here to share ideas and that was what you did and should continue to do, so I belive you should keep on posting topics you find incisive....

and remember, there's always the possibility of GL proving you right!

14. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    ...or proving me wrong !
    But i just enjoy talking with people who share the same interest, and some of the same values in general.

15. Darth-Jerec

Aug 16, 2002
    The sentence you refered has a real important impact in the saga, it is one of the aspects that will pull anakin to the dark side in some way...

I just don't think it means srcambling his body parts with body parts from another blowk...

16. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    Allright then what about GL's comment at Celebration II about Ep.III when he stated that Vader's armor would come from several characters?

17. Darth-Jerec

Aug 16, 2002
    There you have it, Vader's armor...

Maybe he meant that his armor (his suit) and his style would be a mix of several characters...

18. DarthSiren

DarthSiren Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, before I start bashing, I'll be nice and compliment you by saying that your theory (even though i don't agree with it) is VERY VERY creative, not to mention original, extremely interesting, and full of twists. (wich i love!) I have to confess that in a typical sci-fi, I would love to see something like that happen with a main character. The problem here is that SW is not a typical sci-fi. This is STAR WARS!!! And what makes it so different from all other films of it's kind is that it's personal. It has a story behind it that is human. If your Vader=Dukoo+Anakin theory was the case with Vader, it would humilliate the humanity behind the entire saga. The whole point of the story is to have a son rescue his father from evil through love. It would just be such an insult to the meaning of that to have Anakin in Dukoo's body. It would just de-humanize everything that makes star wars, star wars.

19. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    Darth_Jerek come on ! admitt it !
    Too many evidences ! this makes so much sense. I counted 11 reasons for this theory to be taken seriously.
    Remember Anakin on Tatooine, where he was 9, he was always into fixing things, building, creating, making (C3PO).
    There is a reason for everything in SW, GL is the best storyteller of all time, that's what Scorsese, Spielberg, DePalma & Copolla say, they can't be wrong. I could be wrong about Dooku's parts being used to create Vader, but i 'm positive about Anakin actually dying physically and being resurrected by Sidious through experiments on his body parts. Anakin wanted to stop people from dying, Anakin loved to build and all, Anakin is his own ultimate mechanical prototype, he is the result of his choices.

20. Darth-Jerec

Aug 16, 2002
    "Vader just needs a hug"???

Nice...

21. ObiAniFan

ObiAniFan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2002
    TEXAS- it's a little far fetched. Palpatine is a sith lord, i doubt he can bring people back.

22. DARTH_BRASH

Aug 26, 2002
    TEXAS>

I agree that Anakin being good at building things will come into play. For when he builds the Vader outfit!

I do think Anakin will physically die, but The Emperor will resurrect him with Darkside lightning. There is a discussion about this on one of the other threads, actually.

After Anakin is resurrected he will have droid arms and legs attached to him.

If they could fuse human parts together, why didn't they just clone Anakins hand and re-attach it in AOTC?

23. Darth-Jerec

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm not saying that he won't die or, at least, hw won't be half dead, actually I agee with you on this...

I just say that I don't like the idea of having Dooku's body parts in Vader.Why? Because it would be an "it" Vader, not Anakin Skywalker, consumed by pain, father of Luke an Leia an traped inside his OWN body...

I don't think GL is the gratest storyteller of all times... he's a great storyteller but you are leaving names like Hemingway, Dickens, Carl Sagan, Tolstoi and even Camões behind...

24. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    well DarthSiren
    I am the first one to scream and stuff when people explain everything with clones and all, and i'm not the "crazy theory" type of guy actually. Allright ! you don't believe me, i understand that. totally!
    But please take The Video Guides like Leonard Martin's and search for movies from the 30' and 40', and try to think of one commun point that all those movies share.
    Then apply that it to the SW "Skywalker family dynasty", keep on respecting the entire saga's continuity and its sense of humanity, well; you may end up exactly where i stand right now...
    Sharring your opinion with others.

25. Darth-Jerec

Aug 16, 2002
    For all of you wondering, CAMÕES is A Portuguese Poet form the XVI century and he wrote the Portuguese Saga "Os Lusíadas" which tells the story of Vasco da Gama and his journey towards India by sea in the XV century.. ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.