main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TRANSITION TO VADER: "The neat little thing"

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by TEXAS, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Litesabre

Litesabre Jedi Master star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    TEXAS, it's nice to have your feedback. This is how I see things:

About the "neat little thing in the vocabulary of the 30' & 40'": everything's possible! GL could have refered also to the analogy Vader - Frankenstein! Let's accept this seductive hypothesis. But this doesn't imply that Dooku and Anakin will make one 'body' together!

I think that, for GL, Star Wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker, "The Chosen One". Ep. I is his childhood, ep. VI is his death. Luke showed the thing Anakin lost by surrendering himself to the Dark Side - the detached love. I call "detached love" the one Anakin tells to Padme that Jedis are incouraged to practice. Real love protected Luke from falling to the Dark Side (even he was hurt) and made him see the good in his father.

Returning to our issue...

Ep. 1 Anakin missed the love of his mother.
    Ep. 2 Anakin lost for ever his mother but found Padme's love.
    Ep. 4 - 6 Anakin was a monster, but his attention was attracted to his son he loved. The love for his son saved him in the end.

This "universal love" makes Star Wars a whole. If Vader is Dooku+Anakin the whole Star Wars is pointless.

2. TEXAS

TEXAS Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Allright guys, let me make a few things clear ! This theory's thread is still the about "Franky Theory". Now, i don't seat here, writting posts for the heck of it, i actually read what u've got to say, so the whole deal evolved since the first Post.
    That being said, i have to admitt that i agree with you Litesaber, the entire Dooku's idea doesn't make that much sense anymore. I agree with you about the EpI-EpIV's analysis (birth-death of Anakin).
    Now i still believe and this for a long time,('till May 2005) that something's going to happen that will give this thread a reason to exist in the first place.
    So I still think that Anakin Skywalker will fight OB1 over a dispute regarding Palpatine, and that OB1 will defeat Anakin who will actually remain unconscious for a good half of the film, until Palpy brings him back as the Dark Lord of the Sith : Darth Vader. I still believe that GL is hanging out with Coppola for a reason (Ep.III's pitch)and finally i believe that the "30'40''s quote" didn't refer to a style of filmmaking but rather to a style of story telling...
    PS: Now if in 2005, we find out that Dooku's energy is a key element to Anakin's transformation, u'll have to personnally mail me to apologize...LOL (just kidding!!!)

3. DARTHGUTZ

DARTHGUTZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    This is a very intesting theory, all be it very entertaining, I don't think it very plausible. I do believe that Dooku will play a very important roll in Anakin's ultimate turn to the darkside, but I do not believe that a jedi as powerful as Anakin/Vader will require any energy, darkside or otherwise from Dooku, Sidious or anyone else for that matter, to stay alive. I think Anakin will be exponentially more powerful in III than he was in AOTC, much in the same way luke goes from punk kid getting his but kicked in ESB to waltzing right into Jabba's palace and beating down anyone he feels like in ROTJ.

OB1 states in ROTJ that Anakin was "seduced by the darkside of the force". Seduced is the key word here. Anakin will voluntarily choose the darkside, I believe, long before he dawns the vader suit. Once doing so I also believe that he will see the error of his ways(I think this is why GL says we'll feel sorry for him), this will happen prior to the duel with OB1, but it will be to late. The darkside will be in control of his actions, He will be under the thumb of Palpy/Sidious(perhaps unknowingly at this point), The duel with OB1 ensues, Anakin susustains his injuries in some manner at the hands of OB1. I don't think we will actually witness the procedure of Anakin getting the suit. It will happen much in the same way Luke simply got a knew hand in ESB and Anakin shows up at the end of AOTC with a knew arm. Enter Vader, the good man that was Anakin is destroyed, the Jedi are wiped out Palpy reviels his true identity, on with the OT.

4. -Neuromancer-

-Neuromancer- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Do u honestly think that 12 months before principal photography starts and 18 months before the main production kicks of, GL already knows how to tell the story (technically wise)

Yes. If he's not, he's got no buisiness directing it.

I DON'T THINK SO !

That's why you're sitting on TFN rather than directing films.

GL has always been a great story teller, not a great film maker (like Kubrick or Mallick)

Every director thinks about how he wants the story told.

So early on in production, i doubt he's already talking about the "HOW" but rather the "WHAT".

Then he should find a director who will.

He just finished writting the script and he's going to team up with Jonathan Hales to finish the screenplay.

lol, that's not what i mean. Style is what i mean. How he wants the movie to LOOK and FLOW. Then you deal with the technical issues of how to make it look and flow that way. Take a class in film.

On top of this he was spotted by TV5 (Internationnal TV channel)in toronto in vacation with Francis Ford Coppola?
    wierd Coincidence right?

Point being? Coppola also visited the set of TPM. Big deal.

5. reid3434

reid3434 Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2002
    Who says that Anakin has to die? Can't he be near death and be saved by some good ol' black armour and a great Halloween mask? Obi and Vader (might as well start calling him that) get into a fight (remember that from the novel that GL wrote), Vader falls into some lava, Ben (might as well start calling him that too) leaves thinking Vader is dead, Vader is actually saved by the Emperor and his Royal Guards, they're able to save his life but not without the aid of the helmet and armour. While recovering the Emp is continually feeding Vader about how he can be the greatest Jedi ever but only if he joins him, Ben is trying to steal his wife and child (remember even Vader doesn't know he had twins, ROTJ). Vader reappears kicks ass, ben ducks out for Tatooine, Yoda hi-tales it to Dagobah and the twist of the whole thing is that Vader is the one that kills Padme.

6. WaunTaun

WaunTaun Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    Texas-

I find your theory to be very creative and I dig it big time. I doubt it will happen, but I think it's very cool. The only reason it probably won't happen is because Anakin is (so far) made up to be more human with human choices as Lucas and McCallum have stated numerous times in interviews.

7. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    "He's more machine than man..."
    OB1. ANH. 1977.

8. Skytalker

Skytalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    AOTC already had a horror movie reference: Count Dooku. Count Dooku was an analogy to the classic gentleman villain Count Dracula, whom Chris Lee performed in the 1950s and 60s. So why shouldn´t EIII have a Frankenstein analogy?

Besides, did you know that David Prowse once played Frankenstein´s monster in a 1960s british horror movie (together with Lee and Cushing, who played the scientist and his assistent, I guess)?

9. DARTHGUTZ

DARTHGUTZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    Anakin is Not going to die and be brought back to life. His life will be saved by medical procedures and having his body fused into to the resperator/life support suit. Yours is an interesting and seems to be well thought out theory, But IMHO it can taken for entertainment purposes only.

10. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    AOTC already had a horror movie reference: Count Dooku. Count Dooku was an analogy to the classic gentleman villain Count Dracula, whom Chris Lee performed in the 1950s and 60s. So why shouldn´t EIII have a Frankenstein analogy?

Besides, did you know that David Prowse once played Frankenstein´s monster in a 1960s british horror movie (together with Lee and Cushing, who played the scientist and his assistent, I guess)?

That was like the most interesting, clever thought since i started this thread !
    THANX man, anytime u wanna add something like that! feel free.

11. -Neuromancer-

Aug 7, 2002
    Big difference between reference and rip-off.

12. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    Neuromancer...
    rip-off, remake !!?
    Honestly how do you think Sidious is going to reveal his true identity to both the Jedi Council (or what is left of it) and the non-fan Audience?
    Well through something visuel rather than a "BlaBla" sequence.
    Sidious is not going to unravel the Sith Mystery through talking, but through something visually stunning, spectaculat and Starwarsy !
    "The neat little thing" refers to the electricity that will transform Anakin Skywalker into a newborn: Darth Vader...
    This isn't a rip-off, just an hommage to a genre, long gone...the 40' Sci-Fi/Horror classics

13. JamFortuna

JamFortuna Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2002
    It can be Frankenstein style in the way Ani will be severly damaged after some battle and be added to with electrical parts. Kind of like an evil C3PO/Cyborg .

-No Dooku parts.

"When we last met, I was but the learner"
    Can this mean Obi never confronts Ani in the suit until EP4?

I like to think that the big blinking chest plate is a result of Obi Wan's lightsaber going through his chest.

Let's examine the damage done to Vader:
    -Hair burned off
    -Giant scars across his head
    -Need for breathing devise
    (Right arm already robotic)

What if he's just a head!!!!!

14. -Neuromancer-

Aug 7, 2002
    LOL!

I like how quickly stories change.

Honestly how do you think Sidious is going to reveal his true identity to both the Jedi Council (or what is left of it) and the non-fan Audience?

Skillfully, i hope.

Well through something visuel rather than a "BlaBla" sequence.
    Sidious is not going to unravel the Sith Mystery through talking, but through something visually stunning, spectaculat and Starwarsy !

And this has to do with the current discussion in what way?

"The neat little thing" refers to the electricity that will transform Anakin Skywalker into a newborn: Darth Vader...
    This isn't a rip-off, just an hommage to a genre, long gone...the 40' Sci-Fi/Horror classics

Now it's just 'electricity' (i assume you mean Darkside lightning), mighty big change from 'Dooku's DS energy' being transferred into him.

If all you are talking about (this time) is electricity, then i have no issue with it. It's the 'Dooku's energy' thing i have a problem with.

I do think you need to look up a post by a user named 'Dehrian' and read his siggy. And take it to heart.

15. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    No Neuromancer, please.
    Think about it before you post my blue friend...The way Sidious IS going to reveal his secret is directly connected to "the Franky Theory". If it's a visuel sequence rather than a style of editing or a plot twist happenning through dialogue, it might look like ROTJ's climax. Now i think that GL, and this is only my humble opinion aswell as the topic of this thread, is not refering to a style of filmmaking but to an actual "trick", a "neat little thing", (think about it) not a technical skill or a cinematographic way to achieve what he wants but rather an hommage to the 30' and 40'.Now Neuromancer, let's start all over again, so with all due respect, could you PLEASE go to a local video/DVD rental place or look through a video guide and look in the claccics or foreign section for Horror and science fiction pieces or any other genre for a matter of fact. Then tell me what you found. Last time GL and FFC spent their summer vacation together, Gl ended up supervising the spinning magazine sequence form the Godfather, yes Martha Lucas was producing but still. Before that they worked together for THX and American Graffiti.
    Now GL really enjoyed his friend's version of Bram Stocker's Dracula. Just follow me on that last one, FFC produced Frankenstein and was frustrated with his experience with Brannagh, so i bet he wants to rework some of his ideas. GL and Jonathan Hayles are working on the script right?well FFC will have valuable inputs and you'll see what happens in May 2005, you'll see what i'm talking about.
    Now Neuromancer, if you still disagree, and that's your choice, please explain me like i'm a two years old, what GL is talking about when he says...well you know.
    PS:Neuromancer, by the way, thanx for sticking up with my crap!

16. Nuklear

Nuklear Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Greetings

You have a great imagination, but i don´t think GL will want to screw is last Star Wars movie with a "pop-corn plot", just to twist the story.If you see ROTJ, and listen, in the end of the movie, when Vader is dying in the almost-destroyed-death-star, he asks Luke to take is mask off.When he does that, is with Earl Jones voice, but when he takes off the mask and says :"..now go, my son..", is with a regular and normal voice.
    And if GL would make such a plot, my god...

17. Jedi_Legend

Jedi_Legend Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    No offense but your wrong. Dead Anakin+Dooku ?? Darth Vader.

Dead Anakin+Dooku = Realy sick freaky thing.

18. -Neuromancer-

Aug 7, 2002
    The way Sidious IS going to reveal his secret is directly connected to "the Franky Theory". If it's a visuel sequence rather than a style of editing or a plot twist happenning through dialogue, it might look like ROTJ's climax.

But if it's a visual sequence, and i think it will be, it might be something as simple as siddeus taking down his hood to reveal the face of Palpetine. That would be something everyone in the audience, including the smallest kids, could understand.

Now i think that GL, and this is only my humble opinion aswell as the topic of this thread, is not refering to a style of filmmaking but to an actual "trick", a "neat little thing", (think about it) not a technical skill or a cinematographic way to achieve what he wants but rather an hommage to the 30' and 40'.

A cinematic trick or technical skill can be a homage, if it's something that was commonly done in the 30's and 40's. Personally, i'd say look at the serials from around that time. Lucas has ALREADY done a SW homage to them (the ESB cliffhanger ending), and there is more where that came from.

As far as Coppola goes, they could just be buddies. We don't know every single time they have hung out.

19. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    Do you guys remember what Doc Frankenstein said to his creature at first?-
    -He screamed "HE'S ALIVE!!!"as his creation was starting to breath.
    Well close your eyes (not really, you won't be able to read this)and imagine one second
    being in a theatre on one beautiful spring day in 2005.

--Darth Sidious was approaching the young Jedi.
    Anakin Skywalker was laying on the ground; unconscious.
    Darth Sidious: "Look at you now, i followed each one of your steps,
    you were strong, brave and powerful, but what is left of you now ?" CUT TO Anakin's closed eyes.
    Darth Sidious :
    "You will learn the true meanning of the Dark Side..."
    --Darth Sidious leans toward the young Jedi, and closes his wrinckled eyes--
    (Remember Palpy in ROTJ "now young Skywalker, YOU WILL DIE !"
    ...let's go back to our sequence...
    "...and now young Skywalker, YOU WILL LIVE !"--

...The rest is history, blue lightenning, a cool helmet and a peculiar way to breath !!!

20. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting idea TEX. Not likely to happen though.

Lucas has said the "Nooo!" we hear in Clones is not Qui-Gon.

21. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    I dont have enough time to read the pages in this post but back to the very beginning- TEXAS' first post-
    "this is why Anakin's voice (David Prowse)
    sounds different than Hayden Christensen."
    David Prowse never spoke a word in the Star Wars Saga. Its Lloyd in I, Hayden in II, Jones in 4, 5, and 6, and then the actor- i cant remember his name right now- who was Anakin in 6 the old guy. Prowse never says anything.

22. TEXAS

Aug 14, 2002
    Hum....jMo_Skywalker
    That is exactly what i was trying to say,
    that Hayden Christensen doesn't sound anything like Sir Earl Jones, and in ROTJ when Vader takes off his mask, We hear Sebastian Shaw's (and not Prowe-my fault-)voice which doesn't sound anything like Anakin but rather the Sith Lords like Dooku and all.
    Now the thread evolved a lot since that very first post so lots of things 've been happenning. i admitted that i might have pushed it a little too far with the whole Dooku's deal. But the "Frankenstein Theory"'s still very much ALIVE, It's Alive !

PS:eek:ne last thing i got from starwars.com
    --
    Sustaining grievous injuries at the hands of his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Vader required cybernetic enhancements and replacements to sustain him. His pure innocent self seemingly lost forever, Darth Vader cast a dark pall over the galaxy, as he was one of the foremost agents responsible for the elimination of the Jedi order.

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE !!!

23. -Neuromancer-

Aug 7, 2002
    After the unmasking in RotJ, Anakin's voice sounds different because he is near to 30 years older.

24. Jedi_Legend

Jedi_Legend Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    THat may be true OriginalVader. GL may very well have ment that with the comment about the 30's and 40's. Although... hard to see the future is.

25. ArichTheViking

ArichTheViking Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    ITS A MOVIE WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE. everybody from james earl jones to jake lloyd has been the voice of darth vader. this is no evidence. Dooku will die and anakin will become darth vader. end of story.

I would be highly disapointed if anything similar to the suggested theory here happened and it would really suck in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.