main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Transmission at the start of every episode

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ErikBridger, Jan 2, 2015.

1. ErikBridger

ErikBridger Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    What's with the transmission at the start of every episode?
    That part where the hologram of Ezra is talking to the viewer. Seems to me someone is watching that transmission.

Will it be significant to know who is watching that transmission and when?

What if the transmission is being watched by someone later on in the saga...in TFA perhaps or grown up dark sided Ezra?

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think that is just a DisneyXD/online viewing thing for the viewer. I haven't seen any of that when I watch it on Amazon with the episodes I bought, I got tired of the commercials during the TV showing.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes, that doesn't appear when I watch in on TV - just online.

4. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    YOU PASSED THE FIRST TEST

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ONCE WE BEGIN THERE IS NO TURNING BACK
    G-G-GOT IT ? FOLLOW MY LEAD
    LET'S GO

6. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    DVR's are a beautiful thing. I hardly watch anything live anymore. I just tape it on my dvr and watch it later so I can fastforward through all those commercials.

cwustudent and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I really dislike that transmission, for some reason. Didn't know it was exclusively online though.
    This show really lacks an opening score, TCW-style.

mratm23 and Gen Rendar like this.
  8. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Opening scores and long intros seem to be a fading trend in most new TV shows.

9. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011

I FEEL VERY ACCOMPLISHED WATCHING THIS CARTOON

Darth Doop and TigerCraneFist like this.
  10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Is it possible to jams the transmission?

11. JeffZero

JeffZero Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2014
    I remember feeling pretty saddened when Stargate SG-1 began hacking its intro off the episodes nine years ago, even. The producers said it was to help with rising costs, giving marketers (commercials) more time to air their grievances... er, products.

That was a long time ago, but I recall thinking, "this is only the beginning. Soon no shows will have this stuff anymore." So I'm pretty happy to at least have really cool intros like the one for Game of Thrones, which has in and of itself become something of a cultural zeitgeist. Of course, that show is on premium cable, so the rules are different there, but yeah.

I wonder if Disney ran focus tests and decided that young kids don't engage well with intros? Heh.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I miss good lead ins and intro themes. I noticed they were a dying breed several years ago as well. A shame. Rebels seems to be targeted at the 5-10 range and young ones don't usually have high attention focus spans yet. However, marketing to kids as primary focus I think is an error.

13. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Agreed, Cushy. I want intros back.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  14. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Lol, I still remember the Stargate SG-1 intro and loving it. Also really enjoyed several other shows back in the day, but the good ones seem to be gone. Just for fun, here is SG-1 Season 8 intro with the MacGyver theme laid over it.

But the short lead can also be viewed as time saved to give to the plot. Remember that this is a show in 30 minute time block, so that is a little over 20 minutes of actual show time. As to the part I put in bold, I have been saying the same thing for a long time now about this show.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    May have more to do with suits rather than kids. Hollywood tends to shifts blame to audience or claim they know or speak for them, when in reality execs have very short attention spans(and fresh ideas are lacking).

16. Gen Rendar

Gen Rendar Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    I agree with those who dislike the transmission. It just seems like a series of voice clips put together. If they wanted to go for the whole "transmission" idea, why not have R2 show up and start the show instead.

I find the Rebels title thing kind of out of place also. I noticed they changed it up a bit in the newest episode, but I would prefer to have the title at the beginning of the episode, it just feels more like Starwars that way. I don't know why we can't open the show with "A long time ago...." then flash up the Rebels logo and pan down. Seems obvious enough.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  17. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Needs a change I suspect, just to shake things up have Sabine star in her own intro...;)

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I want them to get rid of it because it is just annoying.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the trasmission intro thing. I thought I was being silly and I'm not sure why I dislike it so much but I really find it annoying.

20. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I think any type of large scale study would indicate that no age group responds well to intros. Quite frankly even the best intro is cool to watch one or two times but just becomes annoying after that. If they want to have an intro just have it for the season premiere for each year but none of the episodes afterward for that particular season.

I just fastforward through the Game of Thrones intro.

21. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    GoT was fun to listen to for the first season, and then it got old...

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Have you seen the versions where the actors for Sansa, Bran, and Arya sing it and then beatbox to it?

23. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Not recently, I will look it up later.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Take a deep breath. Calm your mind.... Compliance will be rewarded

Darth Doop likes this.