main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Transplant from NJ!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Whoa, sorry. I had 2 diff ideas running in my brain and they hit like a train wreck.

2. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    That's ok, I once asked a question that was the culmination of many questions...how, which way, when, where, and with what... all became one small sentence that has been my bane for years...

The tumult in my brain that wanted to know the specifics of many details came out as...

"How do you boil water?"

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003

Dude, I so hope that happens. I have a hunkering for taking out zombies in any manner. Dude, where's that link again for that cool zombie game? I'm too lazy to find it over at the RMFF board....

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    coughdontscarethenewpersonawaybeforeshearrivescough

5. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    like dawn of the dead or shaun of the dead???????????? what kinda zombies you looking for??

6. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

Hello Bella, from the Steel City Jedi. I am happy to make your aquaintence. This is the violent part of the group but we are still happy to meet you.......whenever we meet you. So hi again and welcome. The rest of you are just crazy but I feel right at home.

Later Days...

7. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    Ohh yea welcome.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Really, we're not that nuts.

Side by side with another FanForce, we'd probably be about equal. Except I think only Mod-Sith and COS_Vader live in Springs. The rest of us live in Pueblo, and D_N_T and Kaety live in Ordway. We used to have a couple members from La Junta, but I haven't seen them post for almost a year.

9. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    I'm developing an aversion to Pueblo...

The last time I was in Pueblo, it tried to swallow me! :eek:

10. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I said I was sorry.
    It was lunch time, you had BBQ sauce on your hand. What was I supposed to do?

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Pueblo has that affect. Once you've been here, you can never really escape. It's like that episode of the old skool Twilight Zone where the guy enters a town and all roads lead right back into town and he's stuck there for eternity.

12. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    I mean it physically tried to swallow me...

The town (or at least the 6th hole of a municiple golf course) sucked down most of my legs before I managed to escape!

13. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    was it mud or golf course quick sand?

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    OH! That time.

Yeah. It was some sort of underground dwelling sand/mud/oil-based creature. I'm not sure it was quicksand, but it could have been. It left the lower half of his body covered in a black oily substance...kinda like the symbiote that made up Spider-man's black costume.

15. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    i think you sank into a leech feild of a septic system, did it smell like city park or urinal cakes?

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I stayed out of smell range after he fell in, so...I'm not sure.

One thing was sure though -- plain old water couldn't remove it.

17. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    You guys are hilarious!!!

Right now, I live in Garfield, NJ. It's about 30 minutes from New York City. I've lived in New Jersey all of my life, and I've always wanted to see new places and reside elsewhere (yes, I'm sick of it here). I went to Colorado to visit my friends and I fell in love with it. I saw so many opportunities (I'm in business management) for myself as career and my education while I was out there, so I would like to give it a shot.

I'll be living in the Springs for a few months until I get on my feet and get enough money to get my own place.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

18. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I think you will definitely like Co. Spgs.! It is a much nicer place than Pueblo. And you can be involved in both the SCFF and the RMFF(Denver) groups.

As for the Black Alien Mud of Doom from the Sixth Hole...

I made him leave his jeans in the front yard overnight and then he spent about half an hour trying to hose them off. Then after about 10 washings and half a bottle of bleach...they still smelled like a stagnant swimming pool of pond sludge. Now they are banished to the garage until I either find some sort of alien mud remover or I give up and throw them in the trash. (which will probably happen on Wed. - trash day)

The Alien Mud also ate the glue that held his golf shoes soles together. They are now several layers of trash somewhere.

19. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    Throw them out?!?! :eek:

But the DOG likes to roll and sleep on them!

20. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    ...and its amusing to watch the cat try to bury them.

On second thought... the cat thing is a bad sign... toss 'em.

21. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    the dog likes them and the cat is disgusted by them.

Picks up phone

Hello, TBS funny.What would you give it?

damn funny. OK, thank you.

hangs up

I still say its septic sludge

22. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I was just out in the garage and there was this really funky smell permeating the air...

needless to say, the black alien septic mud infested jeans are now in the dumpster!

[face_pumpkin]

hhmmmm...maybe this should have been one of our "stories that must not be told"....

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Drats! I'm too late!

I was gonna say -- you should put the pants on eBay. Put the whole story of them in the description, and put the word "EMO" in the item description. I bet you could get $10 for them.

24. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So, here is the story of why D_N_T fell in the quicksand...

About a month ago I bought a table top fountain. It has four tapered ledges that the water pours over and then onto the rocks in the bottom. D_N_T jokingly called it my Chi fountain (as in Chinese Mysticism) and said that I should balance my Chi with it. As usual, I gave him the you-are-so-weird eye and ignored him. So he and the girls had been playing with it and had piled and balaced all these rocks on the ledges. The day of the alien septic mud incident dawned bright and sunny. But I had a back ache all day. At about 4pm or so, while he was golfing, I noticed the huge pile of rocks on the fountain, and thinking of my Chi and my back ache, I went and scraped all the rocks off into the bottom. The amazing thing is that my back felt so much better... and D_N_T fell in the septic mud hole.

I think I like my little Chi fountain.

25. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    So, it was karma that caused the sludge incident.