main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Transsexual Character

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Toxic_Beauty, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toxic_Beauty

Toxic_Beauty Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2015
    Is it possible that Captain Phasma is a male-to-female transsexual woman? I'm just wondering because of the whole issue with her armor, and the fact that society is becoming more open to transsexuals after Caitlyn Jenner's transformation.

As it stands, Star Wars is becoming more progressive especially with its lead black actor. This is something we would have never seen in the past.

2. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Hmmm... Interesting

And chewie secretly hates pants. Hence why we never see him wear them.
    Give the wookiee pants!!!

3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...no, Toxic. It isn't possible. The armor has nothing to do with gender... did you expect her armor would have sculpted boobs? Have you not seen the armor the actress wore in Game of Thrones? It's armor, it doesn't have to look like a woman's wearing it. It's also canon that stormtroopers even in Empire era (Rebels, OT, etc) can be female, too, and based on "A New Dawn", you can't tell from the armor itself.

...in before the lock. [face_plain]

4. Darth_Navarre

Darth_Navarre Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2014
    Well, she is unusually tall for a woman...but I think that's all we're getting....just a tall woman (who probably has many of her male subordinates scared ***tless, LoL).

I mean, sexuality and gender identity are not on the cards really when it comes to the particular group of themes that Star Wars (e.g. sacrifice, redemption, compassion, etc).

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    It will not happen. We havent even covered the LGB Part of LGBT.

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Oh boy, here we go again! :rolleyes: Another one of those thread that doesn't have a very long lifespan!

B99 and EviL_eLF like this.
  7. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    There is no issue with her armor. The armor is non-gendered and for protection.

8. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I don't know about that but isn't Jabba a hermaphrodite?

Zikri and thejeditraitor like this.
  9. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    It's not impossible, but the armor does not require an explanation. It was most likely specifically fitted to Gwendoline Christie so there's nothing that is weird about the way it looks on her. Like they said on facebook its armor on a women. If there was anything more to it, we would have heard about it by now.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  10. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Don't think so. I doubt SW will go down that road anytime soon.

11. Toxic_Beauty

Toxic_Beauty Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2015
    Yes, Jabba and his species are hermaphrodites.

Hermaphrodites and transsexuals are not the same thing though. I'm a trans girl myself, and I can tell you that you would never know that I was born male if you met me in person.

Some of you are saying that Star Wars will never have an LGBT character, and I ask you why not? What is the problem with having an LGBT character?

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This thread potentially has a very brief shelf life. Make sure it stays about Star Wars characters and does not become a sociopolitical/ethics discussion. At all.

13. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    SW already has an LGBTQ character, though not in the films. I don't think it is a question of never, but I don't think it will be in this film. I would think orientation/attraction would be addressed before identity/presentation if only because it is easier to include in a astory with minimal exposition.

Soryy ACOD, posted at the same time.

14. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I would not mind if she was transexual but your reasoning makes no sense to me.

15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  16. MonkeyHouse143

MonkeyHouse143 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    I think its a bit silly to jump to that just because her armor isn't form fitting or "feminine," whatever people mean by that. She doesn't wear skin tight armor so she must be transgender?

edit: spelling

EviL_eLF and TheBBP like this.
  17. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Ummm I don't understand.. Gwen is clearly all female..how her armor not being 'female' enough equates to trans eludes me...

thejeditraitor, EviL_eLF and TheBBP like this.
  18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    It's already been said. Officially.

[​IMG]

19. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    It might be interesting to have Captain Phasma as a lesbian character instead. This adds a bit of uniqueness to her.

20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    LOL, 6'2" female warrior all in chrome and a cool cape is not unique enough?

EHT, B99, Toonimator and 7 others like this.
  21. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Are you serious?..........

EviL_eLF likes this.
  22. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    So would having her do it with animals. But just because you can do it, it doesn't mean that you should do it.
    Characters can be unique enough without always giving them sexual orientation-characteristics. Leave these issues out of fantasy universes like Star Wars. Real-life issues are for real-life or movies depicting real-life.
    Let's not turn every kind of movie/book in existence into a commentary of the day-to-day modern social issues (while hunger and other more important problems still exist on this planet).

Sarge and Miles Lodson like this.
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  24. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    And on that bombshell, this thread has reached critical mass. While it's fine to discuss these topics insofar as they relate to Star Wars, this is not the place to get dragged down into socio-political/ethics discussions, as Chorus warned.

EHT, EviL_eLF, Sarge and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.